Page 122 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 2008
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    I don’t think hill is moving slow I’m loving what’s going on. The book is selling well that’s all that matters.
    Can someone please educate this dude that just because trash is "selling well" (at the start) doesn't automatically equate to high quality.

We all know the signs by now from experience of being burned repeatedly for almost 10years.

Its become abundantly clear that all these NEW "black" writers (except Redjack) don't have the slightest clue on how to writer a competent Tchalla.

I told y'all MANY TIMES before that Bryan Hill is NOT the one for BP especially after that super-craptasticular trash-heap Killmonger mini series he did but for some reason of insanity folks in here keep pushing hard for Bryan Hill to write BP. Well, here we are now.... Three issues in and its nothing but Tchalla being utterly clueless and being handheld like a perpetually lost child who doesn't know his north from south.

How many times have we seen this rotten rubbish?

When will y'all learn?

Look how Tchalla is soooo damn cool OUTSIDE his own book written by "white" writers.

Compare Bryan Hill's Blade to this his BP and you can see a MASSIVE difference. It's abundantly evident that he is NOT a fan of BP.

I am giving Hill only 2 more issues ....3 max....to make Tchalla impressive and course correct otherwise i will dump this book.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    That's the Wrong mindset. Coates run sold well initially and it has hot garbage. I want Hill to succeed, however we have seen for 9 years now, that snow burn and lack of focus on T'Challa or having T'Challa constantly getting educated, and told home is privileged, doesn't understand the outside world and overall giving off MCU vibes isnt the way to go. That's not the winning strategy
    Agreed and co-signed!

Mighty Member

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    So if he's slow cooking, what issue do you think he'll add a bit of oregano or some basil?
    Hehehehe... Dude got jokes. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Hehehehe... Dude got jokes. Lol
    Heh finally someone picked up on it

A movie ticket is 15 dollars. aka three comic issues.

If I watch Dune part 1 for 15 dollars, and I don't like it... I am not going to be there opening day to watch Dune 2.

THis is the exact samet thing. 15 dollars and I'm bored. WHy woudl I sign up to have the next 3 show up early for?

IF in three months you can't have me chomping at the bit for the next issue... how is that my fault?

But hey, if someone want to venmo for 15 bucks, i'll sign up fo rthe next three too! I'll pay you back if it ends up worth it!

But if some of yall love it, go for it! I don't hate it, it just isn't worth the money to get 1% of a story each month. It may very well end up awesome, I hope it does. THen i will gladly buy the issues I skipped.

But the comic ongoing model is based on buying ahead of time,before reviews or anything. So with this business model... it is up tot he writer/artist/editors to make it so it is worth buyign an issue blind. And after 3 issues, this isn't it for me.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

"selling well"... to who?

selling to distributors isn't the same thing as selling to actual readers.

I feel like if it wasn’t for Coates and Ridley and the last decade of BP comics. Hill would have more leeway to slow burn. Issue 4 needs to deliver on all this set up or I see sales plummeting fast

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    I feel like if it wasn’t for Coates and Ridley and the last decade of BP comics. Hill would have more leeway to slow burn. Issue 4 needs to deliver on all this set up or I see sales plummeting fast
    I just want to emphasize that what Hill has given is miles above the last three writers.

But I am tired and I have no real patience left.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

lol why are you crying about Storm. She barely in the book. The book is not about her lolololol relax.
    'Sfunny that you knew IMMEDIATELY who he was talking about, when all he said was "a certain mutant", innit?

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Can someone please educate this dude that just because trash is "selling well" (at the start) doesn't automatically equate to high quality.

We all know the signs by now from experience of being burned repeatedly for almost 10years.

Its become abundantly clear that all these NEW "black" writers (except Redjack) don't have the slightest clue on how to writer a competent Tchalla.

I told y'all MANY TIMES before that Bryan Hill is NOT the one for BP especially after that super-craptasticular trash-heap Killmonger mini series he did but for some reason of insanity folks in here keep pushing hard for Bryan Hill to write BP. Well, here we are now.... Three issues in and its nothing but Tchalla being utterly clueless and being handheld like a perpetually lost child who doesn't know his north from south.

How many times have we seen this rotten rubbish?

When will y'all learn?

Look how Tchalla is soooo damn cool OUTSIDE his own book written by "white" writers.

Compare Bryan Hill's Blade to this his BP and you can see a MASSIVE difference. It's abundantly evident that he is NOT a fan of BP.

I am giving Hill only 2 more issues ....3 max....to make Tchalla impressive and course correct otherwise i will dump this book.
    Thing is, regarding BP I'm not even Looking at his Killmonger run, I am looking at his BP unchained one shot which was actually pretty solid. It wasn't RJ KiB level good but it was solid nonetheless. He showed that he (seemingly) understood T'Challa. It right now he seems more interested in solidifying Shuri completely stealing T'Challas flow as he has spent 3 issues doing that while giving us nothing but mediocrity from T'Challa.

It's frustrating. I want him to had a good run and elevate T'Challa but so far he hasn't been running for winning formula

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    'Sfunny that you knew IMMEDIATELY who he was talking about, when all he said was "a certain mutant", innit?
    What I find funny (not really) is the amount of effort that writer's in the last 8 years have put into inserting Storm into the mythos in some way instead of trying to flesh out and carve a clear and unique path for T'Challas ACTUAL supporting cast instead of leech Shuri and isht talker Storm

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Here is the thing...

"Let him cook" and give him time and every other excuse has been said about 3 of the last 4 Black Panther books.

It was NOT said in Dr. Ewing's run. Who was not in that run? Other than Okoye?

Why is it when that person is in the book-we see all levels of defending and protecting and excuses made for the book?

Where was that for Dr. Ewing's run?

It is about something else-like claiming that person helps sales. A false narrative already disproven.

The last 9 years have had almost everyone in this book and sales got worst after Coates volume 1.

You can shoehorn her, every black mutant and every black person into this book-as long as T'Challa STAYS disrespected-it's not going to improve sales.

Because folks get tired. Even Batman fans get tired of it.

I'm sorry but this let them cook stuff ain't flying with me. If people want to let the writers cook all I can say is that's your order so if you are good with how long it takes to get prepared that is fine. Just don't tell me how long I should wait to get my food. I'm not in the business of going to a restaurant and waiting 6 months before my food gets brought to the table.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ture View Post
    Letting Hill cook is one thing, but its the ingredients I'm looking at that makes this dish less palatable. As with the three chefs who preceded him, their inclusion of GMOs (democratizing Wakanda), artificial flavoring (meaningless new characters and environs) and preservatives (repeating the deconstruction of T'Challa the Black Panther) were neither healthy nor desired. No doubt Hill is off to a much better start than Coates, Ridley and Ewing. I would thoroughly enjoy his crafting a definitive T'Challa the Black Panther for the Ultimate universe but Hill needs to follow the BP success recipe.

First off, there are rules to this game, rules that should have been observered at the outset. T'Challa the Black Panther is a polymath and strategic master; he is a scientific and technological genius; T'Challa the Black Panther is enhanced supernaturally due to his spiritual connection to his God/goddess and ancestors/ancestresses; he is an unparalleled world class combatant and among the best martial artists on the planet; as much as he is a fighter he is a lover; T'Challa the Black Panther's country is the most advanced nation technologically, militarily and socially on earth. Rules require receipts.

Secondly, selling well is one thing but if what you are providing the customer is subpar made only seemingly better due to the poor product that preceded it, then you are merely servicing a desparate consumer who will eventually fatigue of the purchase. Ultimately Hill has to course correct by centering the Ultimate Black Panther book on the ultimate version of T'Challa the Black Panther. Now why he or any other writer would choose to do otherwise I leave up to the discretion of the reader.
    Hill going to write the book the way he wants to. The book is doing well. Everyone is buying its not just BP fans. I understand everyone have a right to complain but it’s not your story it’s hill. I hated eves story and Ridley. Coates did well he left it opened, and Ridley ruined it. But blaming storm for everything and her books are selling makes no sense.
    We agree, the onus of the narrative belongs to Hill. We can also agree the book is selling well. The title of this well selling comic book that "everyone is buying" carries the name Black Panther and as a consequence of such said comic book should focus and build up on the titular character. People are buying a Black Panther comic book, the Ultimate Black Panther comic book. As writer Hill has an obligation to all those purchasing the book to showcase the king.

Try not to confuse what you call a right to complain with the power to critique. There is a difference.

With regards to Storm, she is inconsequential with respect to writing T'Challa the Black Panther at levels that demonstrate and respect his actualized powers and his exploiting their potential.

Incredible Member

lol lol I’m glad I woke yall up this morning
    Give Coates a Storm solo