Page 36 of 132 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I was initially excited. But judging from the separate beds it’s looking like it’s an arranged marriage rather than one out of love.
    Attachment 137420
    So, there's still time for T'Challa to fall for the statuesque blonde-haired, blue-eyed Ororo.
    Meh.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orogene80 View Post
    Paul has a political marriage in Dune. He marries Princess Irulan to unify the Imperium but ultimately Chani is still the girl he loves who he has children with. I imagine it's something similar, T'Challa's marriage to Okoye is probably just to unify certain royal Wakandan factions and Storm will be his Chani. I'm so interested to see what the political landscape of this Wakanda is, particularly if it has this type of Dune flavouring. Feels like we're finally getting something high-fantasy from Wakanda, we've been overdue.

Exactly this story about to be amazing
    Give Coates a Storm solo

Okay, if they're setting up a political marriage than I think it's pretty likely sparks are going to be flying (both literally and romantically) between him and Storm.

Fantastic Member Hurricane Billy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tremain View Post
    It could be a kind of combination of the two:

• In regard to the character's power and proficiency - T'Challa is the "Paul analog"
    • In regard to his marriage to Okoye, that could be the "Leto & Jessica marriage analog"
    I could definitely see this being a possibility. After all, I doubt that Hill is going to just copy Dune wholesale 1:1, even if he's drawing inspiration for certain ideas for the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    Or tchalla falls in love with storm like Paul and chani

Did y’all listen to hill’s interview
    It's possible, but we don't know yet.

And no, so far, I haven't read an interview with Hill where he overtly says or suggests that T'Challa and Ororo will always find their way back together. So far, I've only read the two interviews that he's done for Ultimate Black Panther and mentioned that he was drawing inspiration from fantasy and sci-fi epics like Dune and A Song of Ice & Fire and stressed that it isn't actually confirmed yet that Killmonger and Ororo are a romantic couple even though they are currently partners. Any chance you could provide a link?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Billy View Post
    I could definitely see this being a possibility. After all, I doubt that Hill is going to just copy Dune wholesale 1:1, even if he's drawing inspiration for certain ideas for the narrative.

It's possible, but we don't know yet.

And no, so far, I haven't read an interview with Hill where he overtly says or suggests that T'Challa and Ororo will always find their way back together. So far, I've only read the two interviews that he's done for Ultimate Black Panther and mentioned that he was drawing inspiration from fantasy and sci-fi epics like Dune and A Song of Ice & Fire and stressed that it isn't actually confirmed yet that Killmonger and Ororo are a romantic couple even though they are currently partners. Any chance you could provide a link?

Here is the link start at 25:00

He basically said they’re not together in the beginning but they have a gravitational pool that always bring them back together throughout all the comics.

https://www.youtube.com/live/SpuErWr...1avzp5H2uCUEtn
    Last edited by BPStorm2; 02-01-2024 at 03:28 PM.
    Give Coates a Storm solo

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Billy View Post
    I just remembered that Bryan Hill has mentioned before that Dune was a big influence for him in developing this take on T'Challa and Wakanda.

I could totally see this marriage with Okoye being similar to what happens with Paul and his more intimate relationships in the books. Plus, I think Bryan Hill clarified that while Storm is partners with Killmonger, we don't know that they're actually a couple as of yet. So I suppose it could be that Ororo and T'Challa wind up developing a romance later in the book.

We'll see. For all we know, Hill might also be aiming to have T'Challa and Okoye bond over the course of the book.
    This is what I was thinking

Really hoping that UBP will be everything we want it to be and hopefully what T'Challa deserves. At the very least this is the first time in the last several years that I actually have some faith that good times are ahead for us.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Astonishing Member

I think an issue is that, even in the context of an AU, this is not a genre (hell, even GOT struggles with it) that is equipped to address the “nuances” etc of arranged marriages. T’Challa and Okoye treat it as a prison, so odds are its first on the chopping block as traditions change.

As to the marriage itself, odds are Maker’s attempts to kill T’Chaka, T’Challa and others almost certainly failed but probably still rattled

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Really hoping that UBP will be everything we want it to be and hopefully what T'Challa deserves. At the very least this is the first time in the last several years that I actually have some faith that good times are ahead for us.

For the first time in a while - a Black Panther series has a veteran and established creative team - in particular both the writer and artist.

Those preview pages were Awesome!!!

Yeah - there's real energy behind this re-launch for Ultimate Black Panther.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I think an issue is that, even in the context of an AU, this is not a genre (hell, even GOT struggles with it) that is equipped to address the “nuances” etc of arranged marriages. T’Challa and Okoye treat it as a prison, so odds are its first on the chopping block as traditions change.
    Not sure I follow how this genre is poorly equipped to deal with the nuances? All it really needs to do imo is add to the world building (the political arrangements and dynamics that established this union) and create an appropriate amount of tension for T'Challa and the supporting cast, for it to be a successful plot device. Hill himself said he wanted this Black Panther book to tackle more universal, broader themes than the 616 counterpart. Agency and autonomy contrasted against duty and stability seems like a very easily explored theme through this arranged marriage.

So since Okoye is queen does this mean Shuri might be general in this story?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

And Okoye has hair too.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Anyone know where the official preview for this is?

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    What if said descendant is the offspring of T’Challa and Natima Ngoza who grows up to be the Black Panther of 2099?

Yeah nah, Beisa ain't memorable at all, she is completely and utterly unnecessary to the story and is just there. she isn't even an interesting character with a unique powerset. She is a cat woman rip off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post

Yeah nah, Beisa ain't memorable at all, she is completely and utterly unnecessary to the story and is just there. she isn't even an interesting character with a unique powerset. She is a cat woman rip off.
    Not to be that guy, but if T’Challa and Beisa were to have a child that would go on to be the descendant of Black Panther 2099 they would have to adopt.
    Last edited by BlackClaw; 02-01-2024 at 07:45 PM.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"