Page 45 of 134 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mindofshadow View Post
    i'm glad hill just jumped into it. Last thing we need is more slow drawn out set up crap.

We got the setting, we got the threat, we got why it is threat to tchalla himself, introduced some interesting characters, got into this tchallas brain a bit

just hit the ground running.
    its war!!!

Ultimate Member

I just finished reading my kindle copy. It was a solid set-up issue.

That being said spoilers:
    T'Challa should have listened to his guys at the beginning, dismissing them out of hand was a very costly mistake
    end of spoilers

I don't know if this will be great yet but it's a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    People are desperate for a good Black Panther book.
    Couldn't wait for my Prime order and just went to the LCBS to pick and it was worth it.

Found it interesting how

spoilers:
    This version of T’Challa became king and Black Panther while his father was still alive. T’Chaka being around seems to have curbed T’Challa’s reformist impulses, but his remark to Okoye shows that he was always going to be leaning in that direction. Now with his father dead because of Moon Knight, T’Challa has no one left to keep him from doing what he wants. Part of me suspects the Vodu-Khan (who are clear expies of the Bene Genessiert from Dune) of deliberately killing T’Chaka to provoke T’Challa.

Killmonger at least is in love with Storm, not clear yet if she reciprocates and they are a couple or not. Hope the conflict between a T’Challa and Killmonger doesn’t come down to fighting over Storm.
    end of spoilers

8.5/10 for me, I am glad to be enjoying a BP book again. Looks like the Ultimate Universe is going to bail Marvel out (again).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

T'Challa should have listened to his guys at the beginning, dismissing them out of hand was a very costly mistake
    end of spoilers

Eh, I thought his reasoning was justified. He gave his reasons right afterwards and it made sense.

Also, I am assuming that sense Wakanda is hidden, they are also unconquereed and untouched... i doubt he ever imagined something like what happened at the end was a possiblity at all.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    if Maker’s time-travelling assassinations/scheming have gotten Ra and Khonshu to cooperate, it stands to reason the two of them have suborned the related gods and their followers, including Bast
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

end of spoilers

somewhat true, but at the same time

spoilers:
    Its like what Okoye said to Shuri, when he told her he was going to gather information first, they only have the element of surprise advantage once, and given they dont know the extent of Ra or Konshus power, it would be unwise tongo in with halfbaked information.

My one hope is that Shuri isn't portrayed as the only super genius while T'Challas genius is heavily diminished. He doesn't have to be making all the stuff, but he definitely should've made his habit and some other things at a MINIMUM
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Found it interesting how

spoilers:
    This version of T’Challa became king and Black Panther while his father was still alive. T’Chaka being around seems to have curbed T’Challa’s reformist impulses, but his remark to Okoye shows that he was always going to be leaning in that direction. Now with his father dead because of Moon Knight, T’Challa has no one left to keep him from doing what he wants. Part of me suspects the Vodu-Khan (who are clear expies of the Bene Genessiert from Dune) of deliberately killing T’Chaka to provoke T’Challa.

Killmonger at least is in love with Storm, not clear yet if she reciprocates and they are a couple or not. Hope the conflict between a T’Challa and Killmonger doesn’t come down to fighting over Storm.
    end of spoilers

8.5/10 for me, I am glad to be enjoying a BP book again. Looks like the Ultimate Universe is going to bail Marvel out (again).
    spoilers:
    I did get the vibe that T'Challa was definitely itching to break tradition based off the preview, and then his subsequent conversations with his dad, The high priestess of Vodu-khan, and Shuri. It very much speaks he wants to do things differently and break tradition, but at the same time take a cautious and smart approach, not just jump in without a plan and "Figure it out" as he goes. This definitely feels like a Hudlin T'Challa with hints of Priest T'Challa coming out
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Eh, I thought his reasoning was justified. He gave his reasons right afterwards and it made sense.

Also, I am assuming that sense Wakanda is hidden, they are also unconquereed and untouched... i doubt he ever imagined something like what happened at the end was a possiblity at all.
    spoilers:
    I understand T'Challa's reasoning but seeing that Khonshu and Ra are not just killing people but claiming their land (using what looks like some pretty advanced tech), the alarm bells should go off. Throw in the warning from the Vodu-Khan, I think T'Challa should have at the least put Wakanda's security forces at alert. The one area that I fully agree that T'Challa isn't to blame is the traitor from within, that's something he probably thought would never happen
    end of spoilers

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Found it interesting how

spoilers:

end of spoilers

My theory is that the Vadu-Khan are actually a covert arm of the Marker's Council and they've been planted in Wakanda since the beginning to subvert them. The Maker has to have tried to destabilize Wakanda in some big way, it doesn't make sense for his whole goal for this universe to be an attempt to remove all obstacles from the board but to have still left Wakanda untouched until this point. I do think this book should eventually show the Maker's influence on this version of Wakanda and T'Challa beyond the external threat of Moon Knight. I'm hoping for that in someway at least, to really fit in with the theme of the 6160 universe.

I also give this issue an 8.5/10

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    spoilers:
    I did get the vibe that T'Challa was definitely itching to break tradition based off the preview, and then his subsequent conversations with his dad, The high priestess of Vodu-khan, and Shuri. It very much speaks he wants to do things differently and break tradition, but at the same time take a cautious and smart approach, not just jump in without a plan and "Figure it out" as he goes. This definitely feels like a Hudlin T'Challa with hints of Priest T'Challa coming out
    end of spoilers
    Another thing I found intriguing is how

spoilers:
    6160 T’Challa is not the high priest and seemingly cannot talk to Bast directly the way he can in 616. That feels very suspicious to me, perhaps while Maker never conquered Wakanda, he was able to cut off access to their gods? Similar to what he did with Thor and the Asgardians? The Vodu-Khan seem to be staunch traditionalists, I wouldn’t be surprised if Maker influenced or created them in some way to keep Wakanda isolated. Given the focus on war that Hill has talked about I think we’re going to see a fight on two fronts for T’Challa. He has to defeat the enemy without in the form of Moon Knight and potentially Killmonger, and the enemy within in the form of the Vodu-Khan.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Orogene80 View Post
    My theory is that the Vadu-Khan are actually a covert arm of the Marker's Council and they've been planted in Wakanda since the beginning to subvert them. The Maker has to have tried to destabilize Wakanda in some big way, it doesn't make sense for his whole goal for this universe to be an attempt to remove all obstacles from the board but to have still left Wakanda untouched until this point. I do think this book should eventually show the Maker's influence on this version of Wakanda and T'Challa beyond the external threat of Moon Knight. I'm hoping for that in someway at least, to really fit in with the theme of the 6160 universe.

I also give this issue an 8.5/10
    Whoops just read your post and we have the same thought lol! Now I really wanna see what 6160 M’Baku is up to, I could see him being allied with the Vodu. The Feyd to T’Challa’s Paul.
    Last edited by Vordan; 02-07-2024 at 11:22 AM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I think "The Death" was kind of unnecessary. It would have been interesting to keep that person around similar to what they did with Ultimate Spider-Man. The fact that he was even attacked, should have been enough to instigate a war.

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy561 View Post
    I think "The Death" was kind of unnecessary. It would have been interesting to keep that person around similar to what they did with Ultimate Spider-Man. The fact that he was even attacked, should have been enough to instigate a war.
    What if they aren't though, and this is some type of scheme to to push for a conflict

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Well....I very much enjoyed this first issue. I could not find a single nit to pick throughout. Despite mounting tensions and present doom the players stuck to their moral and prescribed codes. Until there was reason to act.

Caselli's art and Curiel's colours are exquisite beyond all imaginings.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-07-2024 at 12:52 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

New interview with Hill: https://www.looper.com/1511247/marve...ill-interview/

He is not a fan of the Momoko Storm and Killmonger designs but he doesn’t outright say it . Guess by the second arc we will see them receive new looks.

How does Ultimate Black Panther fit in with the rest of the Ultimate Universe, and what can you say about Ra and Khonshu's characters — both of whom we met in "Ultimate Invasion."

Well, because of the nature of Wakanda, I have the luxury of not having to mainline what's going on in [Jonathan] Hickman's arc plot initially. So a lot of this is how is this all going to lead towards what Hickman's doing. And I do think that it should be a little bit of a slower burn, that there are things to figure out. I mean, ultimately T'Challa's domain is Wakanda, and he is growing to take more responsibility for that which exists outside of Wakanda. As far as Ra and Khonshu and all of that, the big question is, what are they doing? What are they seeking?

They're looking for something, and what is that thing they're looking for? And is that thing already known to Wakanda, or is that thing unknown to Wakanda? And what secrets does that hold? Because they're not just terrorizing villages and taking geography for the sake of doing it. They're clearly looking for something that they believe gives them a strategic edge of power to accomplish their goals of territorial domination. So that is the big question, I think, for at least the first couple arcs of this, and what implications does the existence of what they seek have on the rest of Wakanda and the Marvel Universe?

Read More: https://www.looper.com/1511247/marve...ill-interview/
    Hopefully it’s something non-vibranium related, that’s a bit played out as a MacGuffin.