Page 90 of 131 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1963
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I am neutral on the reveal but I did see an interesting take on someone on the potenial of it.

spoilers:
    This is actually a really interesting take on the T'Challa/Ororo relationship. In 616, they were a youthful fling that ultimately didn't work despite their efforts to make it work. Here, it instead seems to be almost the opposite way while still having troubles; T'Challa meets Storm after they're both Older and Wiser, but she also represents an escape from the loveless marriage he's trapped in and the life as a royal that he hates, an image of everything he wants to be as a superhero rather than a king bound by red tape in a society that he often feels out of step with.
    end of spoilers

Really enjoyed Ultimate BP#2. Caselli art is so on point. At one point i was like two bald black dudes together in one panel and they look completely different. great work on the art and colors.

spoilers:
    As for the traitor i think whoever is the women of light and the mother is also the traitor. The woman of light panel looked a lot like the hologram panel and the final page felt like a staged meeting.
    Screenshot 2024-03-13 082308.jpgScreenshot 2024-03-13 082432.jpgScreenshot 2024-03-13 082531.jpg

end of spoilers
    Last edited by jwatson; 03-13-2024 at 05:27 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member

Look I haven’t been this invested in a BP story like this since Enemy of The State

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Look I haven’t been this invested in a BP story like this since Enemy of The State
    Other than storm, it has all the elements so far of what I want to read so I'm not gonna bug out because of an alternate universe storm.

If this was 616... id prolly dip lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I just don't want these big twists to be as obvious as they currently appear. I'm not done with the book, but I really hope to see some intrigue and creativity from Hill a bit higher level than how it is looking.

And please for the love of Bast give T'Challa his genius. I can deal with everything else as long as he is portrayed as the genius warrior king that he is

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I am neutral on the reveal but I did see an interesting take on someone on the potenial of it.
    Honestly I don't care for this interpretation because T'Challa has NEVER been a superhero first. That is what makes him different than Thor. He doesn't want to go play hero and ignore his duties. He is always dedicated to Wakanda. It's more so he looks at the big picture and realizes that he can do alot for the work using his position as King and that to get things done you gotta do it yourself

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Other than storm, it has all the elements so far of what I want to read so I'm not gonna bug out because of an alternate universe storm.

If this was 616... id prolly dip lol
    Plus the fact its an AU means there's also the possibility that Storm will be written better here than in the 616 stories.

Which if I have to take Storm I'll accept well-written Storm over shitty unlikable Storm.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I really enjoyed this 2nd issue. Not much happened but it did move the story forward. As for the woman of light and the prophesy...This is not 616 so I'll just roll with it. I'm very intrigued to see who the traitor is...Okoye was too eager to point out the traitor is not in the room but...that seems a little too obvious.

The art was onfekkin'POINT!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Can’t wait for their kid to turn into a giant Panther who craps out vibranium and rules as God-Emperor

spoilers:
    Hill is telegraphing it’s her so hard I almost want to say it’s a misdirect? Because yeah she’s the obvious choice given how it would free T’Challa up to pursue Storm without cheating on his “wife”.
    end of spoilers
    Hard lol, so it's gonna be on that children of Dune tip huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Honestly I don't care for this interpretation because T'Challa has NEVER been a superhero first. That is what makes him different than Thor. He doesn't want to go play hero and ignore his duties. He is always dedicated to Wakanda. It's more so he looks at the big picture and realizes that he can do alot for the work using his position as King and that to get things done you gotta do it yourself
    He doesn't want to abandon his duties to go play hero but he does enjoy being a Superhero.

Overall I liked the issue so I'm not gonna trip because of the prophecy. Hill has done a pretty good job so far and Caselli is killing it on art duties.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He doesn't want to abandon his duties to go play hero but he does enjoy being a Superhero.
    Yeah he enjoys doing superheroing, but he is a warrior and king first and foremost. He enjoys being able to expand his help outside of Wakanda but he doesn't have contempt for being King or for his people. HE chose to be king. He loves his people and wants to rule and be a hero at the same time.

He is a King who is also a superhero, not the other way around

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

love love loved this issue. can't wait 4 issue 3!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    The actual story is well written and the art is stellar. So I’m finding it hard to be upset. Maybe all I wanted all along was good plot with good art and I’ll roll with anything as long as I’ve got that. Pitchfork has been retired with this one.
    I believe part of the reason is so many Black Panther writers give reverence to Storm and the same has not happened in the X-Men office. She tends to always get the upper hand on him. T'Challa barely gets a romantic interest in his own book. A lot of fans are a bit tired of the same narrative being written.

Ultimate Member

I'm waiting for this arc to end before I decide to continue with this book.

I prefer books to hit their stride as soon as possible and this issue didn't move the plot forward much beyond the "prophecy". This book costs $6.99 in Canada (before tax), I need more for my buck.

I want to see T'Challa in action and I want to see his genius, I'm not and will never be a fan of Shuri as T'Challa's "Q". The one good thing Coates did was give her own lane.

I like Storm as a character, but I have zero interest in seeing her treated with "reverence" in this book. We get enough of that in the 616 universe. I just hope the whole "child born of woman of light" thing is a misdirect. It seems too obvious.