Page 121 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 2002
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yupp. I'm letting him cook. So far he's 100 times more interesting in just three issues than whatever Coates and Ridley did in their entire runs.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    He also said some book will be a slow burn. Let him cook
    Nobody is stopping him from cooking.

He can cook and I am under no requirement to BUY no matter how many fans of a certain mutant want that support.

Yes he has 12 issues.

Guess who else had 12 issues-Cody Z over at Miles Morales's book. No slow burn.
    Spider-Punk by Cody-no slow burn.

Because you can be given 12 issues and you can LOSE those issues.

G Willow Wilson's Vixen book was suppose to be 6 issues-she got 5.
    Cullen Bunn's John Stewart book was suppose to be 12 issues. He got 6 because someone wanted Guy to be the star.
    Christopher Priest's The Hill was suppose to be 5 issues. It got cut down to ONE issue.

I can go down the line of books whose issues got CUT.

You want to slow burn-do a OGN.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I guess the treaty between Wakanda and Atlantis is over now.
    We also have a new Namor book by Jason Aaron (guess he's back at Marvel again) thats continuing the "Namor in jail" plotline at the end of Aaron's Avengers. So Namor and Atlantis is definitely not in any position to be protectorate of anything.

NAMOR #1 (OF 8)

JASON AARON (W) • PAUL DAVIDSON & ALEX LINS (A)

“LAST KING OF ATLANTIS”

War rages beneath the waves, from the lost cities of the Secret Seas to the fathomless depths where the Elder Whales reign. Seven kings, old and new, fight to rule the watery realm. But where is Namor, the once mighty Sub-Mariner? He’s sitting behind bars on the surface, with no intention of ever setting foot in the seas again. So begins an oversized Atlantean event that will forever reshape the landscape of the undersea world while at last laying bare the dark history of Atlantis and its fiercest, most infamous defender.

An epic that will redefine the King of the Seas in the manner of Jason Aaron’s PUNISHER series!

40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    We also have a new Namor book by Jason Aaron (guess he's back at Marvel again) thats continuing the "Namor in jail" plotline at the end of Aaron's Avengers. So Namor and Atlantis is definitely not in any position to be protectorate of anything.

My condolences to Namor fans.

Amazing Member

So after all these years, T'Challa the Black Panther finally caught up with Namor.

Ultimate Member

Interesting, I thought Jason Aaron was DC exclusive or something.

I guess I was wrong.

Mighty Member

Maybe Marvel's long term plan is to have down and out exiled T'Challa and Namor reconcile, have a good laugh together at Wakanda and Atlantis, and we'll get the next great buddy series, Kings for Hire.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Nobody is stopping him from cooking.

He can cook and I am under no requirement to BUY no matter how many fans of a certain mutant want that support.

Yes he has 12 issues.

Guess who else had 12 issues-Cody Z over at Miles Morales's book. No slow burn.
    Spider-Punk by Cody-no slow burn.

Because you can be given 12 issues and you can LOSE those issues.

G Willow Wilson's Vixen book was suppose to be 6 issues-she got 5.
    Cullen Bunn's John Stewart book was suppose to be 12 issues. He got 6 because someone wanted Guy to be the star.
    Christopher Priest's The Hill was suppose to be 5 issues. It got cut down to ONE issue.

I can go down the line of books whose issues got CUT.

You want to slow burn-do a OGN.

lol why are you crying about Storm. She barely in the book. The book is not about her lolololol relax.
    Give Coates a Storm solo

So I just watched a recent interview with Bryan hill. He said he just finished book 7. I’m pretty sure he’s listening to most of you guys, because in almost every interview he brings up how the fans say tchalla not a genius, etc. He also said he has 12+ issues. He also said some book will be a slow burn. Let him cook
    No, come out the gate hot. Telling fans "just wait it'll get good and all make sense!" Doesn't work when the last 8 years has been that exact thing to disappointing results. He can cook the world building if he wants but then meat and potatoes of his story needs to hit the ground running. Slow burn will only kill the hype and interest in His book. He could've slow down the story a little after the first arc goes hard. That would atleast gain him the goodwill for people to stick around

Amazing Member

Letting Hill cook is one thing, but its the ingredients I'm looking at that makes this dish less palatable. As with the three chefs who preceded him, their inclusion of GMOs (democratizing Wakanda), artificial flavoring (meaningless new characters and environs) and preservatives (repeating the deconstruction of T'Challa the Black Panther) were neither healthy nor desired. No doubt Hill is off to a much better start than Coates, Ridley and Ewing. I would thoroughly enjoy his crafting a definitive T'Challa the Black Panther for the Ultimate universe but Hill needs to follow the BP success recipe.

First off, there are rules to this game, rules that should have been observered at the outset. T'Challa the Black Panther is a polymath and strategic master; he is a scientific and technological genius; T'Challa the Black Panther is enhanced supernaturally due to his spiritual connection to his God/goddess and ancestors/ancestresses; he is an unparalleled world class combatant and among the best martial artists on the planet; as much as he is a fighter he is a lover; T'Challa the Black Panther's country is the most advanced nation technologically, militarily and socially on earth. Rules require receipts.

Secondly, selling well is one thing but if what you are providing the customer is subpar made only seemingly better due to the poor product that preceded it, then you are merely servicing a desparate consumer who will eventually fatigue of the purchase. Ultimately Hill has to course correct by centering the Ultimate Black Panther book on the ultimate version of T'Challa the Black Panther. Now why he or any other writer would choose to do otherwise I leave up to the discretion of the reader.

So if he's slow cooking, what issue do you think he'll add a bit of oregano or some basil?

Good he earn worse…

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    So if he's slow cooking, what issue do you think he'll add a bit of oregano or some basil?
    I don’t think hill is moving slow I’m loving what’s going on. The book is selling well that’s all that matters.
    Give Coates a Storm solo

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ture View Post
    Letting Hill cook is one thing, but its the ingredients I'm looking at that makes this dish less palatable. As with the three chefs who preceded him, their inclusion of GMOs (democratizing Wakanda), artificial flavoring (meaningless new characters and environs) and preservatives (repeating the deconstruction of T'Challa the Black Panther) were neither healthy nor desired. No doubt Hill is off to a much better start than Coates, Ridley and Ewing. I would thoroughly enjoy his crafting a definitive T'Challa the Black Panther for the Ultimate universe but Hill needs to follow the BP success recipe.

First off, there are rules to this game, rules that should have been observered at the outset. T'Challa the Black Panther is a polymath and strategic master; he is a scientific and technological genius; T'Challa the Black Panther is enhanced supernaturally due to his spiritual connection to his God/goddess and ancestors/ancestresses; he is an unparalleled world class combatant and among the best martial artists on the planet; as much as he is a fighter he is a lover; T'Challa the Black Panther's country is the most advanced nation technologically, militarily and socially on earth. Rules require receipts.

Secondly, selling well is one thing but if what you are providing the customer is subpar made only seemingly better due to the poor product that preceded it, then you are merely servicing a desparate consumer who will eventually fatigue of the purchase. Ultimately Hill has to course correct by centering the Ultimate Black Panther book on the ultimate version of T'Challa the Black Panther. Now why he or any other writer would choose to do otherwise I leave up to the discretion of the reader.

Hill going to write the book the way he wants to. The book is doing well. Everyone is buying its not just BP fans. I understand everyone have a right to complain but it’s not your story it’s hill. I hated eves story and Ridley. Coates did well he left it opened, and Ridley ruined it. But blaming storm for everything and her books are selling makes no sense.
    Give Coates a Storm solo

I don’t think hill is moving slow I’m loving what’s going on. The book is selling well that’s all that matters.
    That's the Wrong mindset. Coates run sold well initially and it has hot garbage. I want Hill to succeed, however we have seen for 9 years now, that snow burn and lack of focus on T'Challa or having T'Challa constantly getting educated, and told home is privileged, doesn't understand the outside world and overall giving off MCU vibes isnt the way to go. That's not the winning strategy