Page 128 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2026

Fingers crossed that we see Ridley’s characters get torn to shreds by vampires.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    I mean, it also took 3 issues for cobra commander to win anything lol. He hasn't actually so much as thrown a punch in any of the issues he's just manipulate people.
    Well that is in Cobra Commander's nature.

You can get away with that with him. With that book you KNOW you are getting x number of issues. They are not trying to do long runs.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

X-Men 97 is crushing it. Gives me a lil hope.
    blob (1).jpg
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 04-24-2024 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Would hate to delve into chess metaphors but a single issue with Tchalla's forces gaining and losing ground would be a good subplot.
    Honestly it's been since what, RJs KiB one shot since we have seen a big battle with Wakandan forces? Writers want to explore Wakanda but never the good exciting stuff. I would be 100% down with a issue showcasing Wakandan strength on FULL display

All-New Member

"Levelling up" only has impact when we know what the character's base abilities and acumen are. Seeing as Hill has gone out of his way to not only neglect to show T'Challa's capabilities, but specifically show him get beat up by foot soldiers, I don't know how a power up is supposed to feel special. Imagine Goku going Super Saiyan before ever even seeing him in action against Raditz, Vegeta, Ginyu Force etc. It would mean nothing. Based off the solicits I imagine T'Challa won't do anything cool or noteworthy until issue #5 or #6. The solicit for issue #4 sounds absolutely awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    T'Challa had an interesting strategic moment in today's Avengers 13, I quite enjoyed.
    Now THAT, that's the type of manipulating I am talking about. What we should be seeing on his Solo. That was Master class plans on plans T'Challa. Hill should takes notes, of we aren't getting super genius on display tech wise, than highlight his super genius elsewhere. That was great, and? T'Challa hardly even threw a punch

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm all ready for a new suit.
    I was ready for a new suit the minute I saw it. Bring back the old suit, the only thing Worth Keeping from Eves is the accents under the left eye. The rest can go

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I saw someone point this out, incredibly Jed manages to make good use of the maligned sleeper agent from Ridley's run and actually does something good with it

spoilers:
    In this case 3D-Man and Black Panther actually working together
    end of spoilers unlike all the whiny little bitches from Ridley like Omola.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    T'Challa had an interesting strategic moment in today's Avengers 13, I quite enjoyed.
    Mackay's T'Challa has been the best version of T'Challa in a min (unsurprisingly continuing the trend of T'Challa being far better written outside his main book). 13 issues from a team book and T'Challa has more feats and true-to-character moments than the last 8 years. It's actually embarrassing at this point.

MacKay also managed to squeeze in that one more character-driven moment between T'Challa and Thor, proving again that T'Challa doesn't have to be written like an ineffectual baby to carve out some space for heartfelt character beats. If only his peers on the main titles realized this...

All-New Member

I really, really want to like UBP more than I currently do. I thought issue #1 was solid, I enjoyed #2 until the ending and then #3 really killed a lot of the momentum. Hill's clearly a good writer and I can see him turning it around and getting me back to being excited again, that said I doubt there's any new plot developments he could add to the story that will make me retroactively enjoy the ending of #2 or the entirety of #3. I think those are blemishes and misses that will bring down the whole series for me personally, because they were such glaringly missed opportunities to establish our lead. I'll still ride out for now (I've been buying a f*ck ton of the singles/variants) but if I'm not excited by #6, I'm dropping.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I was ready for a new suit the minute I saw it. Bring back the old suit, the only thing Worth Keeping from Eves is the accents under the left eye. The rest can go
    Those white stripes under the left eye made it one of my favorite Black Panther mask.

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    Those white stripes under the left eye made it one of my favorite Black Panther mask.
    That's the only good thing about it. The rest is just so in T'Challa/ Wakandan like.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

The eye stripes are a nice way of adding detail to the cowl. Its very striking in its minimalism.

Otherwise the knuckle claws can be greatly improved by making them retractable, or at least marge them with the finger claws. Otherwise its like an awkward middle point of Sabretooth and Wolverine's claws.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orogene80 View Post
    I really, really want to like UBP more than I currently do. I thought issue #1 was solid, I enjoyed #2 until the ending and then #3 really killed a lot of the momentum. Hill's clearly a good writer and I can see him turning it around and getting me back to being excited again, that said I doubt there's any new plot developments he could add to the story that will make me retroactively enjoy the ending of #2 or the entirety of #3. I think those are blemishes and misses that will bring down the whole series for me personally, because they were such glaringly missed opportunities to establish our lead. I'll still ride out for now (I've been buying a f*ck ton of the singles/variants) but if I'm not excited by #6, I'm dropping.

This.

When i do think about UBP ....i ask myself is there any way what happened at the end of #2 and all of #3 can be fixed going forward?

It isn't as though there was a physical fight where Black Panther lost (...putting aside the inability to defeat troops with guns for a moment). The issues were of character for me. How do you fix that without making the character flaws worse?

If this weren't Black Panther perhaps i wouldn't feel this way. My favorite character from mainstream / Big 2 comics ( i don't have many) is DC's Cyborg. I don't hold Cyborg to the same standard as Black Panther. Maybe you could get away with a retroactive character repair in Cyborgs case. Maybe. Even then....
    Don't complain. Create.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    The eye stripes are a nice way of adding detail to the cowl. Its very striking in its minimalism.

Otherwise the knuckle claws can be greatly improved by making them retractable, or at least marge them with the finger claws. Otherwise its like an awkward middle point of Sabretooth and Wolverine's claws.
    The knuckle claws just seem completely counterproductive to T'Challas fighting style. There's a reason he uses retractable claws on his finger tips