Page 44 of 135 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

I read the issue.

OMG.

Exciting time to be a T’Challa fan (even if it isn’t the mainstream version).

616, take notes. This is how you write a BP comic. Only one issue in and I’m like ‘let’s gooooooooooo!’

Damn these leaks now I wanna know what's going on!!! Tomorrow can't come fast enough lol

Niffleheim

I wish ppl would not say whether they liked it or not bc if I raise my expectation so high and end up hating it i'm going to ruin this thread tomorrow until I'm blocked
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

People are desperate for a good Black Panther book.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I wish ppl would not say whether they liked it or not bc if I raise my expectation so high and end up hating it i'm going to ruin this thread tomorrow until I'm blocked
    I’ve read it I really liked it 8.5/10 no such things as a perfect comic imo
    So my grading scale is really strict but this is the BP that should
    Be in the 616 universe. BP fans will def enjoy ULT-BP#1…

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    When it comes to second and third printings-it really depends on how many copies they made for the first printing.

While those second printings are nice-the ENDGAME is how many copies got sold to a person.

Just sniffing around some of the store I deal with-it's SOLD OUT. Including variants.

If you only made say 50K and SOLD TO A STORE all those copies-you are going to need more in SOME cases.

Like Static. He stays sold out in most places but does not warrant second printings beyond issue one.

Meanwhile a book like Stray Dogs does require that and then some for every issue.

So it depends on how you look at it-which would you want to be?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yes we are!! Its been a long, long time since I have read a great Black Panther story.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    I’ve read it I really liked it 8.5/10 no such things as a perfect comic imo
    So my grading scale is really strict but this is the BP that should
    Be in the 616 universe. BP fans will def enjoy ULT-BP#1…
    Thanks for this, It's pretty tricky with any comic book project when I have high expectation.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    When it comes to second and third printings-it really depends on how many copies they made for the first printing.

While those second printings are nice-the ENDGAME is how many copies got sold to a person.

Just sniffing around some of the store I deal with-it's SOLD OUT. Including variants.

If you only made say 50K and SOLD TO A STORE all those copies-you are going to need more in SOME cases.

Like Static. He stays sold out in most places but does not warrant second printings beyond issue one.

Meanwhile a book like Stray Dogs does require that and then some for every issue.

So it depends on how you look at it-which would you want to be?
    I'm suspecting someone over ordered and thinking they can hike up the price of these books bc they know the second printing wont hit the shelves until March
    Last edited by Tofali; 02-06-2024 at 08:48 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

My LCS posts a video on Facebook Tuesday night of new releases. Even they said they have no copies of "Ultimate Black Panther" #1 because of the book being pulled for subscribers. Luckily, I subscribe. I hope this book lives up to the hype b/c I really enjoyed "Ultimate Spider-Man."
    Mutant and Proud!

I got my digital copy... Let's just say this is going to be VERY interesting. Lots of things happening, T'Challa hasn't had this much bass in his voice in years, and we are done with Mopey pants Panther. I will be interesting to see which version of T'Challa he channels as this progresses, right now it's almost kinda a mix of versions, which I hope Hill leans on all of T'Challas aspects and character traits, but so far, He has hit the ground running, and this one issue alone is far and wide better than what Eve or anyone from the main title has done.

spoilers:
    This was definitely a set up issue, not really action heavy , more of establishing the players and how T'Challa interacts with them. It appears that Shuri is definitely the MCU version as she is a tech genius, T'Challa this issue appeared like his MCU counterpart in some ways, like more warrior Hudlin/Tchadwick, less paranoid Priest/Liss type, but there were hints of his strategic mind, he moved with the idea of not striking recklessly,
    and uses information gathered wisely.

Again, I hope to see his genius mind at work more on top of the warrior aspect, but the great thing was that T'Challa was confident, he didn't let anyone talk down to him, if they tried he held his conviction and confidence.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 02-07-2024 at 04:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Id rate it 7/10 its a set up issue. The important thing for me is that t'challa has that bass in his voice again. I look forward to seeing where Hill takes him

All-New Member

The reason why we got a second print of Ultimate Black Panther has been revealed. According to Bleeding Cool not quite the sell out success we thought it was.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/peng...ack-panther-1/

Lucky for us in the UK we still get shipments straight from Diamond. So hopefully should be getting both my cover expeditiously.

A solid start to the series. So far I like what Hill is doing. Only 1 or 2 things I didn’t like but an overall 8/10 for me

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leebro View Post
    The reason why we got a second print of Ultimate Black Panther has been revealed. According to Bleeding Cool not quite the sell out success we thought it was.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/peng...ack-panther-1/

Lucky for us in the UK we still get shipments straight from Diamond. So hopefully should be getting both my cover expeditiously.
    Well this is a massive ****-up by Penguin

I'm glad Hill just jumped into it. Last thing we need is more slow drawn out set up crap.

we got the setting, we got the threat, we got why it is threat to tchalla himself, introduced some interesting characters, got into this tchallas brain a bit

just hit the ground running.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html