Page 118 of 132 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 1979

I’m gonna take this off my subscription. I’m not a fan of what the mcu did.

I mean I don't want fights just to have fights. Ridley's book had T'challa doing a lot of scrapping and I feel like it was one of the worst runs in Black Panther history. On the opposite end, Hickman's "New Avengers" book which I count as a run on T'challa had very few fight scenes but I loved every minute of it. That being said this was definitely a filler issue though, but I get it we needed to learn who Killmonger is but the execution could have been a little better. But I stand by the fact that the first two issues were dope and did a better job with the expository.

Incredible Member

I told you it would be a slow book, lol some of yall are big MAD this morning. But hill said the next book would be a slow burn. He had to develop the characters. You have to remember it’s for the new readers lol.
    Give Coates a Storm solo

Niffleheim

This issue was beyond nonsensical. I get Hill is in to this mysticism **** but he over-indulged to the point of cringe.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy561 View Post
    I mean I don't want fights just to have fights. Ridley's book had T'challa doing a lot of scrapping and I feel like it was one of the worst runs in Black Panther history. On the opposite end, Hickman's "New Avengers" book which I count as a run on T'challa had very few fight scenes but I loved every minute of it. That being said this was definitely a filler issue though, but I get it we needed to learn who Killmonger is but the execution could have been a little better. But I stand by the fact that the first two issues were dope and did a better job with the expository.
    I would agree if this story was marketed as Wakanda at war and the first issue ended with T’Challa declaring war. Where’s the war? Where’s the army? Have we actually seen the army? We haven’t seen T’Challa leading anybody or giving out orders to generals? Now he spends weeks in no contact with Killmonger and Storm when his country is supposed to be at war? Has he been fighting off panel?

This wouldn’t be an issue if at minimum Hill had him do something last issue and he had 2 opportunities to do so and didn’t. Instead of using a mech to knock over Moon Knight’s soldiers he could have T’Challa getting involved and turning the tide in their in favor. Or when he got jumped and instead of the sad showing we got where he needed to be saved, he could’ve taken them out and having Storm take the remaining one that could be hiding or something. We’ve literally gotten more from Shuri and Okoye than the person’s whose name is on the book. If he had highlighted T’Challa’s other traits I would’ve been fine. Redjack managed to highlight all of T’Challa’s traits in a single issue in KiB, the warrior, the leader/strategist, and the genius. Other writers have done it in a single issue or less too. After nearly a decade of bad writing and mishandling I personally don’t have the patience to wait and see if Hill gets it right.

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    I told you it would be a slow book, lol some of yall are big MAD this morning. But hill said the next book would be a slow burn. He had to develop the characters. You have to remember it’s for the new readers lol.
    "Keep reading! It will be worth it in the end!"

I heard that with Coates.

I heard that with Ridley.

I heard that with Ewing.

And every single time, the "slow burn" fizzled out.

Pardon my French, but funk that. Grab me with the first issue, or lose my custom. I'm under no obligation to wait until they MIGHT make it pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    "Keep reading! It will be worth it in the end!"

I heard that with Coates.

I heard that with Ridley.

I heard that with Ewing.

And every single time, the "slow burn" fizzled out.

Pardon my French, but funk that. Grab me with the first issue, or lose my custom. I'm under no obligation to wait until they MIGHT make it pay off.
    That's what's funny about the people complaining about ya'll complaining: Precedent. And mountains of it. In fact we're what 8 years and counting away from the contrary evidence at this point.

After reading the last two issues. I'm fine with the book taking a little time cause this ...is still light years better than the last 8-9 years of Black Panther, and the writer is using concepts from Dune which true to form is a slow boil read. That is because lots of set up has to take place. I rock for a good Black Panther representation but I haven't seen any reason to believe that Hill doesn't respect the character and that he isn't trying to put out a nice stoy

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    After reading the last two issues. I'm fine with the book taking a little time cause this ...is still light years better than the last 8-9 years of Black Panther, and the writer is using concepts from Dune which true to form is a slow boil read. That is because lots of set up has to take place. I rock for a good Black Panther representation but I haven't seen any reason to believe that Hill doesn't respect the character and that he isn't trying to put out a nice stoy
    People keep bringing up the Dune comparison, but there are three reasons that it doesn't sway me:

1. Comics are not books. It's a different style of storytelling.
    2. You don't have to wait N months to read Dune. You can buy it and read it at your own pace.
    3. You can get Dune for about $10 in paperback. The first trade for this run (out in October) costs twice as much, and might not even have the full story.

If this was a standalone OGN, I might buy the pacing. But waiting however many months for the full story at $5 a pop... that's not going to work without a lot more eyeball kicks.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

This was a slow drag but very quick read with nothing actually happening and a lot of talking. Even the big reveal at the end was lack-lustre as Hill could have at least told us what it was and why it's so important to Ra and Khonshu. So yes, while a tad disappointing, I'm still sticking with it.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 04-17-2024 at 11:38 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Uhh is that meant to be spoilers:
    Gamma? As in “Immortal Hulk/quasi-mystical waveform connected to cosmic Satan who happens to look like Stan Lee” Gamma?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Uhh is that meant to be spoilers:
    Gamma? As in “Immortal Hulk/quasi-mystical waveform connected to cosmic Satan who happens to look like Stan Lee” Gamma?
    end of spoilers

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I'm not sure why developing a story us a bad thing. he has to set things up allow the man to cook.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I'm not sure why developing a story us a bad thing. he has to set things up allow the man to cook.
    Facts ..
    Im not going to hold past writers against Hill because this book is wonderful
    And nothing suggests Tchalla is getting chumped.

Quote Originally Posted by Orogene80 View Post
    A mid issue. While I appreciate that Hill's T'Challa isn't a whiny bitch or constantly being disrespected, he is falling into the other trap that writers have where T'Challa doesn't actively push the plot and is constant need of being "educated". Rather, ppl around him with stronger convictions are the plot movers and he's merely reactionary and gets pulled along. This was in large part the problem with Coogler's T'Challa and Hill's is following suit. 3 issues deep and the only combat we saw was T'Challa getting bodied by foot soldiers, yet by contrast we've established that Shuri is big brain, can one-punch a robot and can out fight the former leader of the Dora. Hill... What are we doing here?
    That's what ticks me off the most, Shuri has been solidly established as a capable fighter and super genius 3 issues in a row. All we have seen from T'Challa is talking. He has the Bass in his voice but so far has shown no bote behind it. His action scenes has him beat foot soldiers with Shuris tech, then get Bodied and needing storm to save him. If issue 4 doesn't have him putting hands on someone of worth I'm writing this one off as another miss to go with Coates, Ridley and Ewing.

We are far and wide past slowburns