Page 127 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2028

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Quick question about Ultimate BP. Is it possible that he's going to get his power from a different source rather than the heart-shaped herb?

That whole thing about T'Challa "levelling" up to match Khonshu suggests that Ultimate T'Challa could end up very different from the 616 version.

If this is what Hill is going for, then I look forward to it. He just need to hurry it up.
    We have no idea what his current level even is.

I got the three ultimate issues sitting on my pull. I might grab em next week

Still behind. My backlog is insane.

That game with cap looks amazing. Hopefully the story holds up to the visuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperorjones View Post
    Let me change what I said before a bit. I don't know if Gay chose the storyline for World of Wakanda, or if it was given to her. But anyway, she did the writing and she had the characters disrespect T'Challa and the royal family and excused the Dora Milaje's flouting of Wakandan law.

I wonder if going into Ridley's run he was told to kill off T'Challa, but after Wakanda Forever didn't make a billion, then to just to push the mantle over T'Challa, and Ridley sought to do that by ripping T'Challa's character apart, in an attempt to make him so weak, pathetic, and sad sack that no one would supposedly want to see him headline a title anymore.

Dr. Ewing did treat T'Challa more respectfully than Ridley, though her worldbuilding and her own characters often got in the way too. That said, I liked her depiction of T'Challa more than Gay's or Ridley's. I'm iffy on Coates. Sometimes I thought he did not a bad job, but it wasn't consistent. I think Ewing's Black Panther run was stronger than her Photon miniseries, which unraveled to me. Pacing really hurt her BP run. The Kivu'Ma story could've been told in the first 5-6 issues, and then the next six issues could've been T'Challa going back to the Golden City. Even if the book had been cancelled around issue 10, we then might have had him back on the throne, or held in greater regard again by all of Wakanda at the end of it.

I basicslly agree with you on everything here. Excluding the stuff I've not read.

Incredible Member

Exactly.

The GI Joe and Transformers relaunch have been fun romps.
    Absolutely. I'd go so far as to say the new Transformers series is fun and entertaining *despite* potentially sub par art! It's a great example of a title being written to and for its audience. When i pick up Transformers , Cobra COmmander , Duke or GI Joe i know what i should receive. When i purchased a comic book titled "Cobra Commander" I expected to see Cobra Commander win by any underhanded villainous means necessary.

And he does lol.

It's not hard LMAO.
    Don't complain. Create.

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    Absolutely. I'd go so far as to say the new Transformers series is fun and entertaining *despite* potentially sub par art! It's a great example of a title being written to and for its audience. When i pick up Transformers , Cobra COmmander , Duke or GI Joe i know what i should receive. When i purchased a comic book titled "Cobra Commander" I expected to see Cobra Commander win by any underhanded villainous means necessary.

And he does lol.

It's not hard LMAO.
    For some characters particularly black heros like T'Challa, it IS hard because the writers being hired are too busy trying to push pet characters and the "setting" as the main character, as if that will work wheb the series has been about T'Challa for almost 60 years now

Ultimate Member

And he does lol.

It's not hard LMAO.
    Depending on the writer (ESPECIALLY black writers) and black characters-you got someone who is trying to prove the blackness of the character more than telling a story.

Which means the chances of us seeing a black trope increases.

You get more New 52 Wallace West characters versus Static and Miles versions.
    You get rape camps in Wakanda.
    You get last two seasons of Moesha and Netflix's Good Times.

Quick question about Ultimate BP. Is it possible that he's going to get his power from a different source rather than the heart-shaped herb?

That whole thing about T'Challa "levelling" up to match Khonshu suggests that Ultimate T'Challa could end up very different from the 616 version.

If this is what Hill is going for, then I look forward to it. He just need to hurry it up.
    The thing is we don’t even know what this T’Challa can even do or if he’s enhanced by the herb and he was already about to get a power up. All we do know is that a gang of mooks is too much for him and that his suit can’t take bullets. We should at least see him fight Khonshu and Ra so we can at least get an idea of how strong he and they are. For all we know this power up could be some time thing or something like the Tiger God avatar thing and won’t be seen again or even KOTD where it doesn’t do or add anything of value and a waste of potential .

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    The thing is we don’t even know what this T’Challa can even do or if he’s enhanced by the herb and he was already about to get a power up. All we do know is that a gang of mooks is too much for him and that his suit can’t take bullets. We should at least see him fight Khonshu and Ra so we can at least get an idea of how strong he and they are. For all we know this power up could be some time thing or something like the Tiger God avatar thing and won’t be seen again or even KOTD where it doesn’t do or add anything of value and a waste of potential .
    That what i meant when I said T'Challa, khonshu and Ra should've faced off in issue 2 already. We get to see T'Challas current power vs the big bads, both sides get Good showings. T'Challa realizing he needs more power, and Khonshu and Ra recognizing that while they may be more powerful than T'Challa, they are dealing with the full might of Wakanda behind him in which their forces can't match.

That would then drive into issue 3 with T'Challa going with Erik and
    Storm to find more power while Kh and Ra, look to boost the strength of their own forces. Seriously seeing T'Challa getting handled by mooks gives me Coates vibes, and that's the last thing I want to have

And he does lol.

It's not hard LMAO.
    I mean, it also took 3 issues for cobra commander to win anything lol. He hasn't actually so much as thrown a punch in any of the issues he's just manipulate people.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

T'Challa had an interesting strategic moment in today's Avengers 13, I quite enjoyed.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    I mean, it also took 3 issues for cobra commander to win anything lol. He hasn't actually so much as thrown a punch in any of the issues he's just manipulate people.
    T'Challa can do this too. He doesn't have to throw punches so long as we see his master prep and planning, making people unwittingly defeat themselves or they watch as his plans come to fruition beating them. This isn't the same as Coates whole delegating while T'Challa does nothing, but rather T'Challa is shown manipulating instead of throwing the punch. We haven't even gotten that from Hill yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    T'Challa can do this too. He doesn't have to throw punches so long as we see his master prep and planning, making people unwittingly defeat themselves or they watch as his plans come to fruition beating them. This isn't the same as Coates whole delegating while T'Challa does nothing, but rather T'Challa is shown manipulating instead of throwing the punch. We haven't even gotten that from Hill yet.
    Would hate to delve into chess metaphors but a single issue with Tchalla's forces gaining and losing ground would be a good subplot.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Black panther blood hunt interview with writer Cheryl Lee Eaton
    https://comicbook.com/comics/news/bl...n-interview/#5

All-New Member

This looks so cool

I'm all ready for a new suit.