Page 89 of 131 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1958

Friendly PSA, put stuff on spoilers as the book isn't out till tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    Hill just did an interview saying tchalla will have his smarts, it’s just the beginning and can’t put everything out right way. You just have to let the story develop.
    Why wouldn't he establish his super genius right away? Why have some big reveal? And smarts are different than genius. Tchadwick said his T'Challa was smart but we didn't see anything in regards to super genius outside of very brief snippets that didn't confirm him on the same level as Shuri

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Why wouldn't he establish his super genius right away? Why have some big reveal? And smarts are different than genius. Tchadwick said his T'Challa was smart but we didn't see anything in regards to super genius outside of very brief snippets that didn't confirm him on the same level as Shuri
    He listen to the fans, just give him time to cook. This story is way better than what we been getting. It’s just the second book. He said in the interview book 2/3 will be getting to know characters so just wait and see.
    Give Coates a Storm solo

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Ohohohohoho, saw someone throw this out there

spoilers:
    What if the woman made of light is Monica Rambeau if she exists in this setting?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 03-12-2024 at 01:20 PM.

6160 T’Challa is still a genius as a leader, people who want him to get his “bass” back should be happy. He tolerates different viewpoints and listens to opinions, but when he makes a decision it’s clear the discussion is over and everyone has to execute his commands.

UBP #2 spoilers:

spoilers:
    I quite liked that scene where he’s in the War Room with his general giving orders, and that badass matter of fact statement at the end that while other animals will shy away from whatever Moon Knight is doing, one Panther won’t.
    end of spoilers

That said - 6160 T’Challa is not a Tony Stark/Reed Richards esque scientist from what we’ve seen. It’s disappointing, I wish we did have T’Challa showing more tech genius traits, but at the same time I can buy it? This T’Challa had a different life, he never got to test himself against the F4, he seems to have mostly been stuck defending incursions into Wakanda and thus was more prone to delegating because the Maker threat was not something he could handle on his own. Running the army and intelligence could feasibly consume more of his time.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

spoilers:
    What is the woman made of light is Monica Rambeau if she exists in this setting?
    end of spoilers

Hahahhahahahha lol it could be, I’ll be sick lol
    Give Coates a Storm solo

spoilers:
    What is the woman made of light is Monica Rambeau if she exists in this setting?
    end of spoilers
    I would love that honestly. Would be a great misdirect spoilers:
    opening with Storm
    end of spoilers
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I would love that honestly. Would be a great misdirect spoilers:
    opening with Storm
    end of spoilers
    Would be a wonderful Misdirect lol

Hill just did an interview saying tchalla will have his smarts, it’s just the beginning and can’t put everything out right way. You just have to let the story develop.
    I've heard that exact argument for every run since Coates.

spoilers:
    What if the woman made of light is Monica Rambeau if she exists in this setting?
    end of spoilers
    I thought that too but I also thought about the possibility that spoilers:
    Okoye becomes this world’s spectrum/photon as well
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I've heard that exact argument for every run since Coates.
    I like the Coates run lol,

But this a new writer let him cook
    Give Coates a Storm solo

He listen to the fans, just give him time to cook. This story is way better than what we been getting. It’s just the second book. He said in the interview book 2/3 will be getting to know characters so just wait and see.
    Where have I heard that before? We are waaaaay past the "Let them cook" phase. That ended when Coates torched that bridge. We are in the "Come out the door piping hot phase.

There's no reason to holde back his genius, In fact, TWO issues now he has established Shuris super genius and that she is the brains behind Wakanda, so what is there to wait for with T'Challa? Getting to know a character means you should probably know pretty early on if they are a polymath genius or not, you don't need to stretch it out

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    6160 T’Challa is still a genius as a leader, people who want him to get his “bass” back should be happy. He tolerates different viewpoints and listens to opinions, but when he makes a decision it’s clear the discussion is over and everyone has to execute his commands.

UBP #2 spoilers:

spoilers:
    I quite liked that scene where he’s in the War Room with his general giving orders, and that badass matter of fact statement at the end that while other animals will shy away from whatever Moon Knight is doing, one Panther won’t.
    end of spoilers

That said - 6160 T’Challa is not a Tony Stark/Reed Richards esque scientist from what we’ve seen. It’s disappointing, I wish we did have T’Challa showing more tech genius traits, but at the same time I can buy it? This T’Challa had a different life, he never got to test himself against the F4, he seems to have mostly been stuck defending incursions into Wakanda and thus was more prone to delegating because the Maker threat was not something he could handle on his own. Running the army and intelligence could feasibly consume more of his time.
    I mean... You don't know Priest and Hudlin were able to showcase T'Challas super genius intellect without showing him in a lab right? That's a Coates thing. They never even referenced his FF encounter, they just showed him doing stuff

Where have I heard that before? We are waaaaay past the "Let them cook" phase. That ended when Coates torched that bridge. We are in the "Come out the door piping hot phase.

There's no reason to holde back his genius, In fact, TWO issues now he has established Shuris super genius and that she is the brains behind Wakanda, so what is there to wait for with T'Challa? Getting to know a character means you should probably know pretty early on if they are a polymath genius or not, you don't need to stretch it out
    To play devils advocate, we know Shuri and the Doras stage a coup from the solicits. Perhaps it makes more narrative sense to touch on t’challa’s genius when he’s opposing her without relying on her tech. Maybe that’s why her genius and t’challa using her tech has been made a plot point.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    I thought that too but I also thought about the possibility that spoilers:
    Okoye becomes this world’s spectrum/photon as well
    end of spoilers
    All these ideas are 1000x better and what I hope is happening then the super obvious *twist*, but given who's heading this line it appears that may not be the case