Page 119 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 1987

The issue was fine for what it was but I'm definitely ready for some action from T'Challa. So far in 3 issues all he has managed to do is get shot.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I'm not sure why developing a story us a bad thing. he has to set things up allow the man to cook.
    No one said developing a story is bad. We said slow burns after her last 8 years have done the same thing with lack luster results is the problem. The whole "just wait it'll get better!" Has been spewed here for the last 8 years and has proven consistently it doesn't work. He needs to come with the same energy he has with his BP one shot or even better, RJs KiB one shot

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    That's what's funny about the people complaining about ya'll complaining: Precedent. And mountains of it. In fact we're what 8 years and counting away from the contrary evidence at this point.
    Not paying for slow burn.

Not at $5 an issue.

Take more than a certain person in those book to excuse slow burn.

You have to remember it’s for the new readers lol.
    T'Challa UNLIKE elsewhere is KING. What else is there to know?

An EDITOR worth his weight would have cut a lot this mess into two issue with action happening in this one. Not filler to pack a stupid trade to charge $20 bucks for.

Reading it again I was a bit hasty. People telling t’challa that he’s privileged to be king of wakanda leaves a bad taste in my mouth because of past writers. I don’t want another humbling tout. That being said it’s a nice chapter but I wish there was more action or at least for the issues to be longer. I’ll keep buying the issues as the come out I guess

Astonishing Member

While not always, the old Ultimate Universe had a slow decompression style of story telling.

Incredible Member

What’s funny people thirsting over Ultimate Tchalla the comments are funny.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    What’s funny people thirsting over Ultimate Tchalla the comments are funny.
    The art is very pretty, it makes everyone look very attractive.

And between T'Challa and Killmonger you can easily decide based on your preference for bearded men or not.

Amazing Member

Originally Posted by Redjack
    had to keep my mouth shut about it but, yeah. please read. there's going to be some stuff in here folks in this forum, in particular, will like.

and thanks for the good wishes.

this was my last ever pitch to Marvel so... wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ture View Post
    So the plan is working. A subtle reinsertion of the "real" T'Challa, the one and true Black Panther into the XMen franchise via X Force. From there, periodic displays of the Panther's genius, skills and powers stoke interest and creates demand for the character, thus necessitating you writing the Black Panther ongoing series. A strategic master stroke.

It is in the pages of Black Panther that your tactical manipulations deliver your coup de grace... the reintroduction of Hobbie Brown aka the Prowler. Written with such passion that he too receives his own solo. Thus ends your master class. A win for all.

Congratulations on landing X Force Redjack aka Geoffrey Thorne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    How cool would it be if X force was RJs path to get a shot at the BP solo, then to finish off his tenure at Marvel, he was given the chance to write his favorite character, Hobie Brown? Now I want this greatly for Mr Thorne. He has more than earned it
    This has to be the master plan and IIRC The Redjack posted he would have good news for us (BP fans) in the summer.
    Last edited by Ture; 04-18-2024 at 05:06 AM.

Amazing Member

With a fresh start, good artwork and potentially great storytelling... Whoa, this is disappointing. Ultimate Black Panther is three issues deep and Hill maintains the status-quo of T'Challa's truncated genius, absent skill set, reduced powers and negligible strategic capabilities. Not to mention the penchant for having T'Challa lectured on his privilege and lack of geopolitical understanding remains unabated and without purpose.

If Hill wanted a slow burn he wouldn't have killed T'Chaka in the first issue. He should have used these first three issues to world build on the mythology of Wakanda and the mystique of T'Challa the Black Panther; invested in the relationship of T'Challa and Okoye. Instead Hill creates some one and done lore that only Killmonger and Storm know. Makes Shuri a boss. Puts the Black Panther and the Dora Milaje in a sexless marriage and to add insult to injury Hill gives The Most Dangerous Man Alive a defective BP armor.

At this point whether in the 616 or Ultimate universe, just implement General Order 7. Have T'Challa leave earth and govern The Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda, especially since its not being used anyway and spare T'Challa any further degradation. This will unburden all the BP characters of T'Challa's baggage, in effect freeing them up.

With T'Challa out of the way, the Shuri and Storm rule Wakanda ongoing can be released to great fanfare. The much anticipated Tosin and Basia one shots get released as fans eagerly await their crossover. Finally, fan favorite Changamire gets his own limited series, THE HISTORIES OF THE BLACK PANTHER: MINUS ONE... soon to be a Disney+ series.

By now it should be apparent to Marvel that T'Challa the Black Panther doesn't work or sell well when the titular character is made to be a powerless, supporting simp in the pages of his own ongoings. Even new readers will find little to endear themselves with concerning T'Challa the Black Panther.

Make mine Marvel when Redjack or someone equally as competent and committed is given the vibranium key to the kingdom of Black Panther.
    Last edited by Ture; 04-18-2024 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Not paying for slow burn.

Not at $5 an issue.

Take more than a certain person in those book to excuse slow burn.

T'Challa UNLIKE elsewhere is KING. What else is there to know?

An EDITOR worth his weight would have cut a lot this mess into two issue with action happening in this one. Not filler to pack a stupid trade to charge $20 bucks for.
    No, no, only slow burn for you! You gotta let it slow cook, you see! Marinate! Crock pot roast! Spend that $5 each month and maybe by issue #8 T'Challa will punch or kick something!

With a fresh start, good artwork and potentially great storytelling... Whoa, this is disappointing. Ultimate Black Panther is three issues deep and Hill maintains the status-quo of T'Challa's truncated genius, absent skill set, reduced powers and negligible strategic capabilities. Not to mention the penchant for having T'Challa lectured on his privilege and lack of geopolitical understanding remains unabated and without purpose.

If Hill wanted a slow burn he wouldn't have killed T'Chaka in the first issue. He should have used these first three issues to world build on the mythology of Wakanda and the mystique of T'Challa the Black Panther; invested in the relationship of T'Challa and Okoye. Instead Hill creates some one and done lore that only Killmonger and Storm know. Makes Shuri a boss. Puts the Black Panther and the Dora Milaje in a sexless marriage and to add insult to injury Hill gives The Most Dangerous Man Alive a defective BP armor.

At this point whether in the 616 or Ultimate universe, just implement General Order 7. Have T'Challa leave earth and govern The Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda, especially since its not being used anyway and spare T'Challa any further degradation. This will unburden all the BP characters of T'Challa's baggage, in effect freeing them up.

With T'Challa out of the way, the Shuri and Storm rule Wakanda ongoing can be released to great fanfare. The much anticipated Tosin and Basia one shots get released as fans eagerly await their crossover. Finally, fan favorite Changamire gets his own limited series, THE HISTORIES OF THE BLACK PANTHER: MINUS ONE... soon to be a Disney+ series.

By now it should be apparent to Marvel that T'Challa the Black Panther doesn't work or sell well when the titular character is made to be a powerless, supporting simp in the pages of his own ongoings. Even new readers will find little to endear themselves with concerning T'Challa the Black Panther.

Make mine Marvel when Redjack or someone equally as competent and committed is given the vibranium key to the kingdom of Black Panther.
    Man I haven't fully given up on Hill, I am giving him fair shake but dang if these ain't good points.

I have always noticed that the people who have praised the mediocrity that has been the last 8 years of BP have been people who aren't really BP fans and I noticed with this issue those same people praising it, all with the same talking points "He's world building!" "He is playing the slowburn let him cook!" "It was a set-up issue given it time!" All the while he already DID that in issue 1 and that's why it was received so well.

He had T'Challa making moves and decisions with base in his voice. But now, 3 issues in and Shuri has been then oat established character in terms of her capabilities. T'Challa appears the weakest...

That should NEVER HAPPEN

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    The art is very pretty, it makes everyone look very attractive.

And between T'Challa and Killmonger you can easily decide based on your preference for bearded men or not.
    Ra and Khonshu are also bringing the Bad-guy HAWTNESS!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Fantastic Member

Good to read your insights again.

I'm withholding judgment on Hill's Ultimate BP just yet, though I do see there could be pacing problems if the story doesn't pick up more. It felt like this issue was a time skip from the last issue, and we were missing some important interaction between T'Challa and Killmonger. I still like the artwork, and the third issue had an intriguing end. My quibble from the start of Hill's Ultimate run is that he didn't change things up enough. It was great seeing T'Challa as king, but I would've liked to have seen more changes. Give him a loving wife, a family, bring in Jakarra and Hunter along with Shuri, or something to set this apart more. I also would've been okay with not making him king at all (in the Maker's twisted reality, this could've been T'Chaka, M'Baku, Jakarra, Killmonger, N'Jobu, or someone else reigning as monarch), just to let readers know this is a different take, and perhaps his arc could be him becoming king.

Hill has touted Dune as inspiration, but I have yet to see that kind of world building, or villains as good as were in those books. So far, the Moon Knight brothers are undeveloped.
    Last edited by Emperorjones; 04-18-2024 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I have always noticed that the people who have praised the mediocrity that has been the last 8 years of BP have been people who aren't really BP fans and I noticed with this issue those same people praising it, all with the same talking points "He's world building!" "He is playing the slowburn let him cook!" "It was a set-up issue given it time!" All the while he already DID that in issue 1 and that's why it was received so well.
    And a sizeable percentage are vocal fans of a certain mutant...

I gave Ridley 5 issues, I can give Hill 5 with the caveat that this much World building is actually required in a new universe. The titular character however is unimpressive so far