Page 50 of 131 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast

spoilers:
    The scene between T’Chaka and T’Challa felt like Hill was channeling Hickman. Reminded me of the scene between Uncle Ben and Peter at the end of USM. Part of me wishes T’Chaka had stuck around, other part of me is excited to see what T’Challa does now that he’s on his own and can’t ask anyone for advice. I liked how T’Challa would assert his own opinion even to his father, and his father respected him for it while offering counsel for how to get what he wanted, even if it’s not what T’Chaka would do.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Vordan; 02-08-2024 at 07:03 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

No sign of the queen mother, whether it is N'Yami or Ramonda. Nor S'Yan for that matter.

Thank Bast, the nightmare is over.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    If the Killmonger part is anything to go by from #1, they’ll be more reluctant allies with T’Challa. He’d have what they need, resources and an army, and they’d have useful intel for T’Challa. Their primary beef will likely be over T’Challa not doing anything until now and Shuri will likely be on their side ideologically.
    I'm curious if T'Challa's comments about Shuri being too susceptible to the Dora's wants means the thing with her character here is that while her intelligence is high she is prone to being too much of a believer and being manipulated as a result.

For the false-flag theory I've seen people speculating that the Dora's may have caused it so they can have an excuse to go to war.

The hoove like accents on the feet and the exposed mouth keep me from being completely onboard. I’d honestly be ok with the exposed mouth if it was done similar to Terry’s Batman suit. The way the shadows looked over T’Challa’s mouth in the final page and how it looked part of the mask made me wish that it was done like that instead
    It really seems like this is the biggest change from 616 T'Challa is the exposed mouth lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I'm curious if T'Challa's comments about Shuri being too susceptible to the Dora's wants means the thing with her character here is that while her intelligence is high she is prone to being too much of a believer and being manipulated as a result.

For the false-flag theory I've seen people speculating that the Dora's may have caused it so they can have an excuse to go to war.
    What if Hill flipped the script making the Dora more like the "Dogs of war" and the HZ more like the 616 Dora? That could be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    No sign of the queen mother, whether it is N'Yami or Ramonda. Nor S'Yan for that matter.
    I don't hate it.

Keep the supporting cast tight.

We already have Okoye, Shuri, that god chick, Killmonger, Storm, + villains.

Just keep things tight and focused.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Is the Moon Knight stuff in other Ultimate books too? I pretty much dropped all comics until this issue so I'm out of the loop
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I got it. I like it.

Long May 6160 Tchalla Reign.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

If the Killmonger part is anything to go by from #1, they’ll be more reluctant allies with T’Challa. He’d have what they need, resources and an army, and they’d have useful intel for T’Challa. Their primary beef will likely be over T’Challa not doing anything until now and Shuri will likely be on their side ideologically.
    I saw it more as him setting up a future conflict due to Wakanda's lack of action initially.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Is the Moon Knight stuff in other Ultimate books too? I pretty much dropped all comics until this issue so I'm out of the loop
    We're introduced to them and the other cabal of villians in the Ultimate Invasion mini but this is the first title outside of that they've appeared in.

As of yesterday my LCS completely sold out of #1

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think they only appeared in the first Hickman book as part of a cabal of people working with maker. They gave a few details but nothing majorScreenshot_20240209_141030_Chrome.jpg

I'm telling y'all, all I need is for T'Challa to flex his super genius and this version will be PERFECT. Show us working on his habit, or creating a weapon or tool to face off against Konshu and Ra and I'll be happy

In Bryan Hill and Stefano Caselli’s ULTIMATE BLACK PANTHER #4, Shuri seizes the throne! With T’Challa missing and presumed dead, Wakanda needs a new leader. Shuri wants war against Ra and Khonshu more than T’Challa ever did, but at what cost? Meanwhile, Black Panther must learn from his new allies, the freedom fighters Killmonger and Storm!
    Damn is Shuri going to turn out to be a villain? That one way to cut T’Challa MCU synergy reliance on her building tech for him.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Damn is Shuri going to turn out to be a villain? That one way to cut T’Challa MCU synergy reliance on her building tech for him.
    Good. She's finally adding something to the franchise
    Last edited by Ekie; 02-09-2024 at 03:42 PM.