Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    We may potentially see this guy in the Spider-boy spider verse arc
    Attachment 138987

and for reference
    Attachment 138988Attachment 138988
    Kind of reminds me when Slott said he killed this Spidey when he killed Unlimited even though they weren't the same.

https://deadline.com/2024/04/tom-hol...24-1235891203/

Holland says he wants to do more SM films just doesnt want the follow up to NWH with doing the same things
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post

Holland says he wants to do more SM films just doesnt want the follow up to NWH with doing the same things
    I feel like we're in the "I'd love to do more/I might be ready to hang up the tights" situation.

what is the hangup with Sony and negotiations with Marvel/Disney for collaborating on a new Spider-Man (Peter) film?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what is the hangup with Sony and negotiations with Marvel/Disney for collaborating on a new Spider-Man (Peter) film?
    deciding if they want to do another multiverse movie or a solo film

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like we're in the "I'd love to do more/I might be ready to hang up the tights" situation.
    just do one or two more films with Peter then introduce Miles in Live action

Today I saw Spider-Man 2 again on the big screen.

And I realized that the apartment complex I've lived in for the last thirty years in is in the background in one scene.

Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post

One thing I could see them do that would be pretty different would be to use this Peter’s fall in fortunes to progress him to the smartass Spider-Man that later comics embraced - and just play it as being his outlet for his frustration, weariness, and loneliness that he refuses to take out on regular people in his civilian life.

I mean, imagine if Holland gets to just plain verbally bully some of his opponents, enough that it becomes a particular of his characterization subplot. Like, he’s forced to sell photos to the Daily Bugle to lay rent, and is clearly pissed off, but whereas Raimi’s Peter would sort of just suffer in silence and give us some schadenfreude comedy, this Peter goes out right afterwards, puts on his suit, and verbally destroys a mugger so bad he leaves the guy crying... setting up Jameson to further aggravate Peter by trying to make that the next part of his anti-Spider-Man campaign.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    One thing I could see them do that would be pretty different would be to use this Peter’s fall in fortunes to progress him to the smartass Spider-Man that later comics embraced - and just play it as being his outlet for his frustration, weariness, and loneliness that he refuses to take out on regular people in his civilian life.

I mean, imagine if Holland gets to just plain verbally bully some of his opponents, enough that it becomes a particular of his characterization subplot. Like, he’s forced to sell photos to the Daily Bugle to lay rent, and is clearly pissed off, but whereas Raimi’s Peter would sort of just suffer in silence and give us some schadenfreude comedy, this Peter goes out right afterwards, puts on his suit, and verbally destroys a mugger so bad he leaves the guy crying... setting up Jameson to further aggravate Peter by trying to make that the next part of his anti-Spider-Man campaign.
    I feel like if he's not finally quipping or really leaning into the Spider-Man persona than they've totally missed the point.

I don't need any more of Tom Holland going "oh man oh man oh man...oh jeez. I'LL SAVE YOU ____"

Plus it could be something he picked up from Garfield.

Though it would be kind of funny if he slipped in to work at the Bugle as if to add insult to injury .

Spectacular Spider-Man Blue feat Josh Keaton

Worth the watch!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like if he's not finally quipping or really leaning into the Spider-Man persona than they've totally missed the point.

I don't need any more of Tom Holland going "oh man oh man oh man...oh jeez. I'LL SAVE YOU ____"

Plus it could be something he picked up from Garfield.

Though it would be kind of funny if he slipped in to work at the Bugle as if to add insult to injury .
    That's how I felt about both of the last two Raimi movies.

Garfield in Amazing 2 was the closest we got to the quippage, and actually made that part of the movie memorable; I still think that cutting out most of Sony' extraneous stuff and streamlining that movie would have worked, but they were so thirsty for a Secret 6 movie, and still are...

But also, yeah, Holland's Peter having to make ends meet at the Bugle feels to me like something they'd almost have to do - and lean into how frustrating and enraging that would be for this Peter, on a scale that Maguire's Peter never felt. MCU Jameson clearly built a media empire off of ruining Peter's life by way of Mysterio's fakery, and is way more obnoxiously toxic as a businessman and influencer with his InfoWars inspiration... but this Peter's probably in his most desperate possible circumstances, while most clearly knowing he didn't have to be, and the idea of that Peter having to pay rent by giving a more overtly scumbag Jameson pictures would resonate more now as a more organic type of suffering.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member

It's so weird how MCU Spidey doesn't quip much when:

1) Spidey is known for quipping and the MCU is known for staying true to the comics.

2) The MCU is also known for quips in general.

3) The MCU went out of its way to compare him to Iron Man - and arguably the one thing MCU Iron Man has in common with Spider-Man (besides the fact that both of their origin stories are about atonement) is that both quip nonstop in dangerous situations.

How the hell don't the quips make it past all those filters, lol.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 04-23-2024 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    That's how I felt about both of the last two Raimi movies.

Garfield in Amazing 2 was the closest we got to the quippage, and actually made that part of the movie memorable; I still think that cutting out most of Sony' extraneous stuff and streamlining that movie would have worked, but they were so thirsty for a Secret 6 movie, and still are...

But also, yeah, Holland's Peter having to make ends meet at the Bugle feels to me like something they'd almost have to do - and lean into how frustrating and enraging that would be for this Peter, on a scale that Maguire's Peter never felt. MCU Jameson clearly built a media empire off of ruining Peter's life by way of Mysterio's fakery, and is way more obnoxiously toxic as a businessman and influencer with his InfoWars inspiration... but this Peter's probably in his most desperate possible circumstances, while most clearly knowing he didn't have to be, and the idea of that Peter having to pay rent by giving a more overtly scumbag Jameson pictures would resonate more now as a more organic type of suffering.
    I feel like people fort Tobey's Pete did quip, he just had an extremely dry delivery.

I actually wonder if they could develop MCU Jonah into a more nuanced take compared to NWH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    It's so weird how MCU Spidey doesn't quip much when:

1) Spidey is known for quipping and the MCU is known for staying true to the comics.

2) The MCU is also known for quips in general.

3) The MCU went out of its way to compare him to Iron Man - and arguably the one thing MCU Iron Man has in common with Spider-Man (besides the fact that both of their origin stories are about atonement) is that both quip nonstop in dangerous situations.

How the hell don't the quips make it past all those filters, lol.
    He usually only quips maybe like once or twice a film. I think the only consistent thing is he jokes when he's fully confident and in control of the situation and when he isn't he just basically freaks out or just babbles.

I feel like they were also really caught up in making him come off as this goody-two shoes kid that he wasn't as sassy or charismatic as he could've been. That and he didn't have much in the way of a Spider-Man persona.

Just saw the covers for ASM #53 and #54 and all I felt was..."Didnt we do this already?"
    Poor Peter.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hoshinocomet View Post
    Just saw the covers for ASM #53 and #54 and all I felt was..."Didnt we do this already?"
    Poor Peter.
    Indeed . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.