Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Peter Parker/Spider-Man Appreciation 2024.

Not just my most anticipated Spider-Man comic books in years, it's one of the most ever for me thanks to the creative team, Jonathan Hickman/Marco Checchetto and we get a married Peter Parker/Mary Jane Watson-Parker with kids. Can't wait. Happy New Year where I'm from.

Looking like this will be a way better year for Good Ol' Pete so far...ASM not included

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    Looking like this will be a way better year for Good Ol' Pete so far...ASM not included
    Zeb Wells TASM run is the worst TASM run ever and one of the worst comic book runs I've ever read. Thankfully we now have alternatives in Ultimate Spider-Man and The Spectacular Spider-Men by Greg Weisman.

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

Happy New Year for Peter Parker/Spider-Man and his fans.

Hopefully, the 2024 would be better year for the original Spidey himself.

Astonishing Member
    Former CBR writer. See my old articles here.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Wholeheartdly agree

Happy New Year to Peter Parker and his fans !

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Happy new year! Looking forward to all the new series

Fantastic Member

Happy 2024 to Peter... hopefully, with Wells leaving, this thing about Peter being treated like crap by other heroes like Miles done with, and we can move on. Until then, I'll continue with Superior and Spider-Boy.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Ah, pretty good piece there. And yeah, Spider-Man does work best as a peak street-level hero, though as Daredevil would put it to Iron Man back in Chip Zdarsky's run (which was also the best showing for Spidey even as a recurring guest star), "street level" really means they're close to the people on the streets who need heroes to not only protect them, but also empathize with and relate to them as human beings, not abstractions, which I think the likes of the Avengers can sometimes have trouble remembering to do. Hell, there was an article a couple or so weeks back saying that was why Spider-Man needed to be an Avenger again, because a la Green Arrow in Justice League Unlimited, he could remind them of the stakes on the ground for the lives and livelihoods of ordinary people impacted by the Avengers' heroics.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Happy New Year to Spider-Man and all his fans!

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

So...MC2 Peter and his son, Benjy, made a cameo in Archie of all things. Archie Comics is MC2 canon confirmed?

Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 01-02-2024 at 06:46 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    So...MC2 Peter and his son, Benjy, made a cameo in Archie of all things. Archie Comics is MC2 canon confirmed?

this feels like a coincidence
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

"He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    As am I.

Happy 2024 to my fourth favorite and formerly second favorite superhero. The last few years have not been kind to poor ol' Pete. He's been cucked and otherwise disrespected at every turn by everyone including family, friends, allies, and minor villains. It's hard to admire a guy who is so put upon and often portrayed as (far) less than competent, sorry Pete. I hope things turn around soon for the Web-Head.
    Last edited by Celgress; 01-02-2024 at 09:18 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."