Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    USM #3 Elizabeth Torque variant:

Very nice.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

As she deserves .

(I still really want to know what her actual job is).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    As she deserves .

(I still really want to know what her actual job is).
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Same here.
    As do I, hopefully we will soon.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Fantastic Member Hurricane Billy's Avatar

Elizabeth Torque's been on a tear with all of her variant covers for USM so far. Especially love this one!

When you're more interested in Hickman's USM MJ and what she does, than Wells's ASM MJ ... ASM dropped the ball big time with this run.

Amazing Member

Not too surprising that people some people find USM MJ more interesting even when we don't really know much about her character yet than the ASM counterpart. In USM MJ seems to be a central character to the story, in ASM it seems like they are trying to split MJ off from Spider-Man into her own thing.

Astonishing Member

The revelations on the last issue of "Amazing Spider-Man" called my attention.

- Madame Masque using the same magic of the Rabin.
    - People being controlled using those sigils.

Do you think there's a chance that Mary Jane has one of those sigils somewhere in her body and that's why she has been acting so out of character during this run? I suspect Paul could be one who put it on her.

Personally, I think it would be a good safe and confirm why they said at the beginning of this run that "As angry as you are right now, you will be very happy at the end". This better be truth, because I'm seriously getting sick of this run.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifetap View Post
    Not too surprising that people some people find USM MJ more interesting even when we don't really know much about her character yet than the ASM counterpart. In USM MJ seems to be a central character to the story, in ASM it seems like they are trying to split MJ off from Spider-Man into her own thing.
    New Ultimate Universe MJ has been much truer to the character as we've known her than current 616/ASM MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    The revelations on the last issue of "Amazing Spider-Man" called my attention.

- Madame Masque using the same magic of the Rabin.
    - People being controlled using those sigils.

Do you think there's a chance that Mary Jane has one of those sigils somewhere in her body and that's why she has been acting so out of character during this run? I suspect Paul could be one who put it on her.

Personally, I think it would be a good safe and confirm why they said at the beginning of this run that "As angry as you are right now, you will be very happy at the end". This better be truth, because I'm seriously getting sick of this run.
    Yeah, it would be . . . but going through the whole mess of ASM's current run just for that to be the payoff?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    New Ultimate Universe MJ has been much truer to the character as we've known her than current 616/ASM MJ.

Yeah, it would be . . . but going through the whole mess of ASM's current run just for that to be the payoff?
    Well, it has been quite stupid already with the whole thing of MJ with two children who never were real in the first place.

Well, it has been quite stupid already with the whole thing of MJ with two children who never were real in the first place.
    Fair enough, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifetap View Post
    What they want is to play the on-again/off-again game with Peter and MJ for as long as they’re publishing comics. It’s a cycle that promotes nothing but cynicism.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    What they want is to play the on-again/off-again game with Peter and MJ for as long as they’re publishing comics. It’s a cycle that promotes nothing but cynicism.
    And isn't being written well.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And isn't being written well.
    ...And that they could do in some book set in the past with the same amount of “continuity is more of guidelines than actual rules” approach they want now, but with the actually younger Peter they claim they need. Not even an Ultimate-type book, just something set in the past.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I think it would be an awful resolution. You don't want Mary Jane to have been coerced or mindcontrolled into a romantic relationship. That would just make the Avengers 200 comparisons even more pointed.
    Not that there are any good resolutions that I can see.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi