Page 40 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

The three of them on the run together could make the sleeping arrangements fun to contemplate

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Ultimate Spider-Man #4 Tyler Kirkham

https://twitter.com/TheComicAwakens/...76588583174281
    I know Mary Jane was the "bad girl" before Felicia, but this picture makes me see a little of Felicia in Mary Jane.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I know Mary Jane was the "bad girl" before Felicia, but this picture makes me see a little of Felicia in Mary Jane.
    They're dancing in the moonlight. A tango, it looks like.

Mary Jane has always been associated with dancing - in her first full appearance she tried to get Peter to dance with her to a song on the television.

I don't see anything of Felicia in this at all :shrug.
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post

Mary Jane has always been associated with dancing - in her first full appearance she tried to get Peter to dance with her to a song on the television.

Yeah, I don't know what he was talking about either. That cover is all Mary Jane. There is no Felicia anywhere.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Yeah, I don't know what he was talking about either. That cover is all Mary Jane. There is no Felicia anywhere.
    I'm not familiar with dances, so I don't know how a tango works, honestly. The reason I said that was because this picture makes Mary Jane looks like a "wild girl" about to get on her man as if he was somekind of "prey". And that made me think about Felicia.

If I'm just imagining things, my apologies.

Indeed. Here's proof...
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Indeed. Here's proof...
    And a Matt Murdock/Daredevil cameo, too!
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I've been thinking about MJ's celebrity.

Who would you say in modern culture is similar to her, or how you would like her to be depicted in the comics?

I remember years ago a poster saying he saw her on the level of Olivia Munn. This was before she got cast in the Newsroom, which helped establish her as a legitimate actress so it was kind of prescient.

I'm thinking Rose Leslie makes sense. She was on two seasons of a hit show (and it filmed in another country so that is an easy story engine) and has had a decent career since then, without a level of stardom that would be too distracting.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

Who would you say in modern culture is similar to her, or how you would like her to be depicted in the comics?

I remember years ago a poster saying he saw her on the level of Olivia Munn. This was before she got cast in the Newsroom, which helped establish her as a legitimate actress so it was kind of prescient.

I'm thinking Rose Leslie makes sense. She was on two seasons of a hit show (and it filmed in another country so that is an easy story engine) and has had a decent career since then, without a level of stardom that would be too distracting.
    It's hard not to say Zendaya, lol. But I think you can make a case for Emma Stone and Margot Robbie.

Here is maybe an inspired pick on my part: Riley Keough. I recommend any MJ fan checks out Daisy Jones & The Six on Prime Video if they want to know what I mean. She plays the best MJ that was never cast as MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

MJ's level of fame isn't very consistent. Ultimately it seems like she's as famous as the story requires her to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And a Matt Murdock/Daredevil cameo, too!
    I know, right?! Eventually, Frank Miller even had MJ make a cameo of her own during his DD run...
    Last edited by K7P5V; 03-20-2024 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    MJ's level of fame isn't very consistent. Ultimately it seems like she's as famous as the story requires her to be.
    This right here some stories she is the most popular person on the universe others she isn’t. Plus if she was super popular it be pretty tough for Peter to be Spider-man
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    This right here some stories she is the most popular person on the universe others she isn’t. Plus if she was super popular it be pretty tough for Peter to be Spider-man
    You would think they would lean into that more. That Peter has a famous significant other (during those times they are together) and so he's under a little more scrutiny than he would like. Seems like it'd be a decent way to create some drama and conflict in the narrative.
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 03-20-2024 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    You would think they would lean into that more. That Peter has a famous significant other (during those times they are together) and so he's under a little more scrutiny than he would like. Seems like it'd be a decent way to create some drama and conflict in the narrative.
    I mean, they have to ignore that Peter was Mark Zuckerberg level of famous, even if it was just for five minutes. He would be recognized far more than he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    It's hard not to say Zendaya, lol. But I think you can make a case for Emma Stone and Margot Robbie.

Here is maybe an inspired pick on my part: Riley Keough. I recommend any MJ fan checks out Daisy Jones & The Six on Prime Video if they want to know what I mean. She plays the best MJ that was never cast as MJ.
    Honestly I don't think she's taken off as much as Zendaya/Emma Stone/Margot Robbie did. Every time she had that chance it just didn't take.