Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    You keep posting the quote, okay, but I have a question -

Have you stopped buying 616 Spider-Man comics? I'm curious because I'd say buying the comics is engaging with the product on a higher level than complaining about the direction. After all, Marvel doesn't have any of my money in their pockets for 616 Spidey. If you have, that's great. If you haven't, I'll keep complaining whenever I see something stupid and/or disappointing happen in 616 as posted here or elsewhere. Heck, I might complain either way because it is a product I once loved and shank lots of time & cash into that is, frankly, crap now. Thank you very much.
    I haven't bought any Amazing Spider-Man since the end of Beyond.

I'm not playing Marvel's game.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

Thanks, I respect people who stick to their principles. Sorry, if sometimes I get so annoyed with Marvel that I rant here. I'll try to keep it to a minimum in the future out of respect for you and others who don't want to see it, but no promises they get under my skin too easily lol.
    Last edited by Celgress; 01-02-2024 at 10:57 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Me neither. I stopped pretty early into Well's run, wrote a respectful letter to spidey-editorial about my decision and why, and have stuck to my decision.

Spectacular Member

How long do we think it will take before MJ is even featured in ASM in 2024? I'm not expecting much more than a cameo in the gang war ASM issues. Nick has teased more stuff with Paul in the letters pages so I'd hope they have something before Zeb leaves around #60. But they seem really attached both to keeping the status quo and doing literally nothing with MJ. So my hopes aren't too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Moxxi517 View Post
    How long do we think it will take before MJ is even featured in ASM in 2024? I'm not expecting much more than a cameo in the gang war ASM issues. Nick has teased more stuff with Paul in the letters pages so I'd hope they have something before Zeb leaves around #60. But they seem really attached both to keeping the status quo and doing literally nothing with MJ. So my hopes aren't too high.
    I will be very surprised if MJ appears in ASM. I think we'll probably be seeing her (and Paul) in her own stuff.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I will be very surprised if MJ appears in ASM. I think we'll probably be seeing her (and Paul) in her own stuff.
    Depends on how much we're getting plots closed out. He did say year 2 was resolving all his plots from year 1

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Depends on how much we're getting plots closed out. He did say year 2 was resolving all his plots from year 1
    Year 2 has only two months to go. Year 3 of the run starts in April (I know, it's stomach turning to realize we're been subject to this run for two whole years).
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Year 2 has only two months to go. Year 3 of the run starts in April (I know, it's stomach turning to realize we're been subject to this run for two whole years).
    Technically year 2 is listed with issue 31 so that gives post gang war the time to resolved things not done in gang war. What's left since Chasm and rek-rap is given to someone else to complete

The first issue of Spider-Man: Beyond came out in October 2021.

I think at the very least we won't see MJ until after the Jackpot/Black Cat mini wraps up.

Maybe by that she'll be a little soured on Paul/the hero life so she's in a place for Wells to wrap everything up on his end.

I think at the very least we won't see MJ until after the Jackpot/Black Cat mini wraps up.

Maybe by that she'll be a little soured on Paul/the hero life so she's in a place for Wells to wrap everything up on his end.
    Always a good sign when people are waiting for a status quo to be over before it's actually even begun.

(Yes, I know it technically began many months ago, but the first comic to acknowledge this status quo since hasn't even come out yet.)

Spectacular Member

Always a good sign when people are waiting for a status quo to be over before it's actually even begun.

(Yes, I know it technically began many months ago, but the first comic to acknowledge this status quo since hasn't even come out yet.)
    I mean it's one thing for a status quo to be lame. (It is) And it is another thing for a status quo to wholesale write the 2nd most popular character out of the story for months. Like ASM#35 released in October 2023. If Frontier is right, and I don't think that prediction is crazy given what we've seen, then we won't see MJ in ASM until like June/July 2024. (8-9 months!!!) That's insane imo.

Astonishing Member

The first issue of Spider-Man: Beyond came out in October 2021.
    Beyond was a shining example of quality compared to this run.

Wells’s ASM #1 was published April 27, 2022. So I was off by a month. We have Jan - March plus if you count the first issue of April left in Year 2. Still far too many issues for this run.
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee

Wells’s ASM #1 was published April 27, 2022. So technically I was off by a month. We have Jan - March plus if you count the first issue of April left in Year 2. Still far too many issues for this run.
    I count Beyond as part of this run since Wells' name is on the first issue and he was the "showrunner" for that period of time before taking on the title by himself (minus the issues Joe Kelly wrote).

Also, Ben becomes Chasm and all that (but that discussion is for another thread).

Astonishing Member

I count Beyond as part of this run since Wells' name is on the first issue and he was the "showrunner" for that period of time before taking on the title by himself (minus the issues Joe Kelly wrote).

Also, Ben becomes Chasm and all that (but that discussion is for another thread).
    But I don’t think Marvel or Wells counts Beyond, as ASM 25-26 were Wells wrapping up his first year. And not that it matters. The only takeaway is that this run is interminable in its sheer mediocrity and the sooner this run is put out of its misery, the better.

— Stan Lee