Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Pretty sure they broke up, didn't they? Or did they get back together or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    i think they had a bump in the road when Miles was struggling with anger issues and anxiety at the start of the run, but have since then cleared things up, at least thats how i understood it.
    They started seeing separate therapists and that's why their relationship become tolerable to the readers and towards with each other
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I really doubt Gwen will return Em Jay's feelings at all.

But I also don't expect her to have an immediate romance with Miles in the comics too.
    Same here, Spider-GwenxMiles seems to be the default ship across all media for these characters. It is being pushed VERY HARD, especially in the movies and merchandise, maybe for the sake of synergy.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Well, more power to you, i hope you get your wish.

My anecdotal perception is that Silk isn't that popular a character to the internet fandom based on the discourse i usually come by
    I blame that largely on how she was (mis)handled in her debut arc(s) in ASM. Once she got her own series with a different writer that fleshed her out more as a character, she became a lot more understandable, relatable, and even "likeable," if that's a thing.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

i think they had a bump in the road when Miles was struggling with anger issues and anxiety at the start of the run, but have since then cleared things up, at least thats how i understood it.
    Yeah, they're definitely still together.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Marvel can't get Gwen's name right apparently. Spider-Ghost!
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Well, the ending of the Giant-Size means that spoilers:
    the Mary Janes are no more. Em Jay left, without telling Glory and Betty, who'll probably fall out with Gwen since she doesn't know where Em Jay went so can't tell them. And Em Jay outed herself as Carnage by going berserk during a concert that was being filmed. Gwen probably doesn't have much left to stay on Earth-65 for now...
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-06-2024 at 06:34 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, the ending of the Giant-Size means that spoilers:
    the Mary Janes are no more. Em Jay left, without telling Glory and Betty, who'll probably fall out with Gwen since she doesn't know where Em Jay went so can't tell them. And Em Jay outed herself as Carnage by going berserk during a concert that was being filmed. Gwen probably doesn't have much left to stay on Earth-65 for now...
    end of spoilers
    I wonder if the hook they left us with at the end follows her into 616 or if it acts like a final conflict in E-65, or something else. spoilers:
    I wonder if Em-jay gets to control the symbiote to the point Gwen does hers and gets to join her in super-heroics. That seems like the path they'd take if/when they come back to this. (rooting for a costume design similar to Ultimate Jessica Drew)
    end of spoilers

I wonder if the hook they left us with at the end follows her into 616 or if it acts like a final conflict in E-65, or something else. spoilers:
    I wonder if Em-jay gets to control the symbiote to the point Gwen does hers and gets to join her in super-heroics. That seems like the path they'd take if/when they come back to this. (rooting for a costume design similar to Ultimate Jessica Drew)
    end of spoilers
    Not happy about leaving her universe to join 616 since there are so many in 616 already. Hopefully its just a temporary thing and they send her back after a bit.

spoilers:
    The end gives me a little hope maybe? Em-jay needs time to control her symbiote and with the lead gone the band is on hold too. Gives time for Gwen to be in 616 without missing out too much in her universe until she's back.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    To be honest the band breaking up feels like writing on the wall with the amount of times their concerts have been interrupted by supervillains or the actual band members going crazy. They were never going to really be successful at this rate.

And now EmJay is in off-panel training land for the forseeable future. Though that "I love you" didn't feel platonic.

Though as much as this seemed to be trying to put to bed some lingering Earth-65 plot points before Gwen permanently jumped ship...why set up her Sinister Six when she's going to be on another Earth soon? Also confusingly some of the "members" looked like their 616 counterparts, not Earth-65.
    end of spoilers

So this Giant Size takes place after the mini Spider-Gwen Smash of which the last issue doesn't come out until next week.
    Good job Marvel....

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

spoilers:
    To be honest the band breaking up feels like writing on the wall with the amount of times their concerts have been interrupted by supervillains or the actual band members going crazy. They were never going to really be successful at this rate.

And now EmJay is in off-panel training land for the forseeable future. Though that "I love you" didn't feel platonic.

Though as much as this seemed to be trying to put to bed some lingering Earth-65 plot points before Gwen permanently jumped ship...why set up her Sinister Six when she's going to be on another Earth soon? Also confusingly some of the "members" looked like their 616 counterparts, not Earth-65.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Unless Gwen's Sinister Six also manage to somehow follow her to the 616.
    end of spoilers
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    spoilers:
    Unless Gwen's Sinister Six also manage to somehow follow her to the 616.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Maybe it's part of the reason she's stuck in 616?
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That video wall wasn't showing Sinister Six membership, several heroes were among them (Samantha Wilson Captain America, Black Widow, Gwen herself). Yes, Silk and Invisible Woman shouldn't have been there though - both were shown in their 616 costumes, but the Earth-65 versions are villains and Cindy doesn't even have her 616 counterpart's powers.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Not happy about leaving her universe to join 616 since there are so many in 616 already. Hopefully its just a temporary thing and they send her back after a bit.

spoilers:
    The end gives me a little hope maybe? Em-jay needs time to control her symbiote and with the lead gone the band is on hold too. Gives time for Gwen to be in 616 without missing out too much in her universe until she's back.
    end of spoilers
    If she does...spoilers:
    I wanna see her meet Sarah Stacy. Some people hate that story, but it's a Gwen story, and VERY different from Earth-65.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    They are definitely following the same trail from the animated "Ultimate Spider-Man" animated. But even so, we know the kind of monster Carnage is, especially alongside Cletus Kassady, and although in the series MJ managed to keep it under control, I don't think it will be so easily in this case. Carnage is not just "feral" like Venom, he's literally a living nightmare.