Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Who has the biggest dump-truck in the Spider-Man universe...
    Titania. Yes, she's a Spider-man villain.

Well in terms of total size anyways.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Titania. Yes, she's a Spider-man villain.

Well in terms of total size anyways.
    Funny enough, Spider-Gwen's Earth does have a version of Titania, briefly encountered while Gwen was in that S.H.I.E.L.D. prison for a year at the end of her original series run. Would have been nice if she showed up again.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Funny enough, Spider-Gwen's Earth does have a version of Titania, briefly encountered while Gwen was in that S.H.I.E.L.D. prison for a year at the end of her original series run. Would have been nice if she showed up again.
    Wait... what's her relation to Spider-Gwen? 'cause 616 Titania and Spidey have more than a little history. Spidey is literally part of Titania's origin story. So what of that Titania?

Fantastic Member

Anybody read Smash #2? It's been nice getting to know the Mary Janes a bit more but man do they come off as assholes in this story. I know they're teenagers who never asked for this but jeez, if they're supposed to be Gwen's best friends in the world it doesn't surprise me she wants to gtfo of the 65.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    Anybody read Smash #2? It's been nice getting to know the Mary Janes a bit more but man do they come off as assholes in this story. I know they're teenagers who never asked for this but jeez, if they're supposed to be Gwen's best friends in the world it doesn't surprise me she wants to gtfo of the 65.
    I really wonder if this mini is just to give her more of an excuse to go to 616 because it's questioning whether she even wants to be there and her relationship with EmJay isn't getting any better.

Also Dazzler continues to perform without pants .

Fantastic Member

I really wonder if this mini is just to give her more of an excuse to go to 616 because it's questioning whether she even wants to be there and her relationship with EmJay isn't getting any better.

It does seem to be setting up the exile(again) that we already know will happen due to the previews of her next series. I wonder if they thought this story up with that in mind from the get-go or if they scrambled these plot points in after the fact. Maybe the random name change had something to do with it, going from ''ON TOUR'' to ''SMASH''

Extraordinary Member

Hey at least Betty is consistently apathetic.

It does seem to be setting up the exile(again) that we already know will happen due to the previews of her next series. I wonder if they thought this story up with that in mind from the get-go or if they scrambled these plot points in after the fact. Maybe the random name change had something to do with it, going from ''ON TOUR'' to ''SMASH''
    I guess maybe the Giant-Size setting up EmJay reactivating her Carnage powers might really be to establish Earth-65 has another superpowered protector even if Gwen leaves...not that I would trust EmJay as a crime-fighter .

so they're making Spider-Gwen a world where history went tragically wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Wait... what's her relation to Spider-Gwen? 'cause 616 Titania and Spidey have more than a little history. Spidey is literally part of Titania's origin story. So what of that Titania?
    They were fellow inmates in that S.H.I.E.L.D. prison. Titania tried to intimidate Gwen. It didn't work out for her.

Extraordinary Member

What was the reason Gwen had to serve a year in prison? I forgot.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I think it was because of her vigilantism?

Yeah, it's because she outed herself. It got her off from the charge of killing Peter Parker since she was able to explain what really happened, but she was jailed for the lesser charge of being a vigilante.

Personally I think they should've stuck with On Tour. That is what the story is about, and it wouldn't have spoiled issue 1's ending, namely that a Hulk is involved. Probably changed it for exactly that reason, to promote the fact Hulk is involved.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It is kind of sad to see her get stuck in 616 after getting the closest thing she's gotten to a boyfriend in her entire comic history in Shadow Clones (not that they've mentioned him at all here).

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I think it was because of her vigilantism?
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, it's because she outed herself. It got her off from the charge of killing Peter Parker since she was able to explain what really happened, but she was jailed for the lesser charge of being a vigilante.

Personally I think they should've stuck with On Tour. That is what the story is about, and it wouldn't have spoiled issue 1's ending, namely that a Hulk is involved. Probably changed it for exactly that reason, to promote the fact Hulk is involved.
    Pretty much, sadly. As Jennifer Walters, her lawyer, pointed out, it wasn't Gwen's guilt or innocence that jury was deciding, but whether or not they wanted "someone like her" roaming free on (technically swinging above) their streets.