Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Raptor, Shrike, Saiko. Nightwing has his team of ninjas who could, and should, be better explored.
    Some Red X (the second is probably Grant Wilson), or I don't know, Catman, Bronze Tiger. There are so many options.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Raptor, Shrike, Saiko. Nightwing has his team of ninjas who could, and should, be better explored.
    Some Red X (the second is probably Grant Wilson), or I don't know, Catman, Bronze Tiger. There are so many options.
    There are many options, but new writers usually tend to play with their own creations. That's why we got Melinda instead of Sonia.

I wouldn't mind if creators leaned into his martial arts ability more, but maybe that is just my background in reading manga wanting that. Where it is a bit more technical. In comics they don't tend to do fights in that way because of how few pages and panels they have to move through a plot. Can't burn through half an issue on a detailed fight when when there is a lot of exposition and story to get through. Though one thing that has always bothered me is when they draw Dick just doing gymnastic splits over any actual martial arts. It's always looked awkward to me and more of a excuse to show Dick spreading his legs to the reader, lol.

Writers with very superficial knowledge of the character, tumblr level. When the writer arrives saying he's a fan of the character, I no longer expect anything other than "gymnast" and "himbo".

Dick had a very small appearance as Robin in today's issue of Poison Ivy.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

He's also in Batman #147 standing with Barbara Gordon
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Never thought id see the day anyone was asking for more of Shrike or Saiko. Who's next, Stallion?

^^^LOL! Bring on Torque (XD)

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Extraordinary Member

They usually have son

from Batman: dark age #1

Screenshot 2024-04-03 211407.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Never thought id see the day anyone was asking for more of Shrike or Saiko. Who's next, Stallion?
    I liked the concept of Saiko besides how is Nightwing supposed to establish his own villain roster when nobody ever tries to do anything interesting with those that were already created for his title? It's the same with the supporting characters and groups like the Run-Offs. It's not like Joker became one of the most iconic characters in popular culture overnight.

I like Saiko; he had a cool design, ties to Dick and the Court of Owls, Wolverine-like claws, and was a good fighter. I wouldn't mind seeing him back in the title. However, the Run-offs were just boring, somehow even more boring than Chuck Dixon's version of them.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I like Saiko; he had a cool design, ties to Dick and the Court of Owls, Wolverine-like claws, and was a good fighter. I wouldn't mind seeing him back in the title. However, the Run-offs were just boring, somehow even more boring than Chuck Dixon's version of them.
    I liked the concept of the Run-Offs and would have liked to see what another writer could have done with them. In general, I just hate how new writers never make use of what has already been created for Nightwing. I want his own supporting cast and villain roster to be development properly, instead of every new writer introducing their own creations and/or borrowing from Batman/Titans. I get they make more money off their own creations, but I just don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    I liked the concept of Saiko besides how is Nightwing supposed to establish his own villain roster when nobody ever tries to do anything interesting with those that were already created for his title? It's the same with the supporting characters and groups like the Run-Offs. It's not like Joker became one of the most iconic characters in popular culture overnight.
    A lot of them were created for his title, they're not all winners. Dixon's silly villains that Nightwing could never make any headway with was easily one of the weakest aspects of his run. Saiko was even worse with Dick's new history that no one ever wanted. Generic ninja guys aren't any better then random thugs. Worse even as at least with thugs we don't have to suffer with them trying to make it competitive with those no names. Joker might not have became one of the most iconic characters overnight, but that doesn't mean just any character can become the next Joker. What sets Joker apart of his motif and personality. Everything generic bodies like Shrike and Saiko lack. They're is no difference in using them vs new characters. If they want to revisit a throwback then a lest pick ones like Torque, Lady Vic, or Nite-Wing. As silly as they were they at least had personality and deeper concept that said at least something.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-03-2024 at 01:26 PM.

Not every villain needs to be the next Joker. Heartless is also not on that level, and I don't mind keeping him around for the long haul.
    Lady Vic is cool, Nite-Wing is hit or miss, but Torque is awful.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    A lot of them were created for his title, they're not all winners. Dixon's silly villains that Nightwing could never make any headway with was easily one of the weakest aspects of his run. Saiko was even worse with Dick's new history that no one ever wanted. Generic ninja guys aren't any better then random thugs. Worse even as at least with thugs we don't have to suffer with them trying to make it competitive with those no names. Joker might not have became one of the most iconic characters overnight, but that doesn't mean just any character can become the next Joker. What sets Joker apart of his motif and personality. Everything generic bodies like Shrike and Saiko lack. They're is no difference in using them vs new characters. If they want to revisit a throwback then a lest pick ones like Torque or Nite-Wing. As silly as they were they at least had personality and deeper concept that said at least something.
    My point wasn't that I want the next Joker, but that a new character should get more love and development, instead of being forgotten and/or completely neglected. In fact, I'm willing to give any character a chance if it means to develop Nightwing's cast.
    Last edited by ayanestar; 04-03-2024 at 01:20 PM.