Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031

I personally couldn't care less about that dog.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Taylor likes giving characters pets.

He already did the puppy thing with Deadshot in his Suicide Squad run.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    I am curious aboout the new writer and what his plans are. Also is taylor gonna get rid of his things like Bitewing. And dicka nd babs are cool. While they dont need to break up again i wouldnt mind personallt ill goneither way honestly. I doo like Starfire better but thats not happening again lol. I hope we get a tease soon for #119 since i know NW isnt relaunching
    It be crazy to kill off a puppy but I remember when people cheered when Mary Jane children disappeared in spiderman so who knows. Also Taylor is leaving Nightwing but he’s still on Titans who reside in Bludhaven . So he ain’t out exactly. I hope whoever’s next talks to him so we don’t have issue like Titans academy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It be crazy to kill off a puppy but I remember when people cheered when Mary Jane children disappeared in spiderman so who knows.
    People cheered, because everybody hated this status quo and it was clear, that they weren't even real.
    There's nothing even remotely close to that in this case, it's just a cute puppy most people have no issues with (and I can't see any valid reason to have some significant issue with Haley).

It be crazy to kill off a puppy but I remember when people cheered when Mary Jane children disappeared in spiderman so who knows. Also Taylor is leaving Nightwing but he’s still on Titans who reside in Bludhaven . So he ain’t out exactly. I hope whoever’s next talks to him so we don’t have issue like Titans academy
    MJ’s children were representative of one of the most disliked Spider-Man runs in recent years and create creative restrictions with the character and overall mythos. Haley’s on the other hand is representative of one of the most popular Nightwing runs ever and expands the mythos in a nonintrusive way. She adds value even as a background character he does little more then just pet here and there. If they are wasting all this effort trying to get Bea to stick around, but then go and get rid of Haley, god help us.
    Last edited by Godlike13; Today at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    People cheered, because everybody hated this status quo and it was clear, that they weren't even real.
    Yeah this, it's some sort of magic illusion. The illusion ended.

There is no reason to get rid of Haley, she's a dog. The next writer doesn't need to create plot points, dialogue, or even scenes exclusively for her. She can just be in the background if they want.

And DC didn't get rid of any of Damian's pets, and he has a cow.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Yeah, worst case scenario Haley will appear once every couple of years like various Damian's pets.

Why is the first thing that comes to your mind to kill the dog? Dick could simply decide to give it away or something. All of Damian's animals are still alive (as far as I'm aware of). There are plenty of ways a new writer can deal with the dog besides killing it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    Why is the first thing that comes to your mind to kill the dog? Dick could simply decide to give it away or something. All of Damian's animals are still alive (as far as I'm aware of). There are plenty of ways a new writer can deal with the dog besides killing it.
    Dick wouldn’t give her away. So I could only see a writer taking her from him. It’s my first thought because the worst possible things tend to happen to him for no reason other then a writer needs it to.

I think the dog is a cheap gimmick and a waste of panel and cover space used to farm social media impressions. It annoys me that so much of Redondo's art was wasted on it. The easiest solution would be to just give the dog away to Bridget Clancy and her kids. They seem to like it well enough.

Extraordinary Member

Also Haley isn’t just his. She belongs to Babs too.

Tom Taylor loves his cute pets.

Also Haley isn’t just his. She belongs to Babs too.
    Then Babs can take it with her once she eventually leaves his side again.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.