Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I don't envy the next writer at all. Coming in after Taylor's run on this book is not going to be easy after how great the past few years of so have been.
    I guess it's a question of following Taylor's lead or doing their own thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    I am curious how the next writer will do. With Titans and Babs. Will be cool to see what Dick does in Bludhaven now.
    It doesn't seem like DC has any major plans with Babs so not sure what the future will look like for her.

Hope to see more action. Daredevil #7 (2024) has such a good fight, I hope there's something like that.

The next writer should maintain what Taylor established and build upon it. I agree that more well-choreographed fights would be cool to see.
    Also, create new villains and bring back some old ones.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Redondo does some of the best fight scenes in the business.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Redondo does some of the best fight scenes in the business.

I said "more fights" but it might have seemed like I was saying his fights weren't well-choreographed enough, which isn't what I meant.
    What I want is for Dick to face more skilled opponents, as in Taylor's run he often fought ordinary thugs.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I said "more fights" but it might have seemed like I was saying his fights weren't well-choreographed enough, which isn't what I meant.
    What I want is for Dick to face more skilled opponents, as in Taylor's run he often fought ordinary thugs.
    A lot of fights in Taylor's run just didn't feel like they had real stakes for one reason or another. So like, Redondo's art was cool but the actual events didn't quite hit as much as they could have.

I wonder if another writer would find a way to write Melinda out.

Redondo experimented with formate giving us fight scenes the likes we have never seen before. Stat padding pales in comparison. Stuff like that will do more in the long run.

Nightwing doesn’t need to prove himself, he needs to move on from that. Readers need to let go of that chip on their shoulder. If he acts like he belongs, he’ll belong. People’s idea of character will generally trump the details. Look at Batman. Dude loses all the time, yet no one questions his legitimacy. We know what’s what. On the flip side look at Cass Cain. They laid all the best fighters at her feet, she’s the best fighter ever apparently, and yet what does that do for her. That’s not what people respond to these days.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-30-2024 at 04:44 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Yeah there isn't really much in the way of actual villain fights.

What we did get was cool like with Blockbuster, but overall Dick fought way more ordinary thugs instead of actual supervillains.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Redondo experimented with formate giving us fight scenes the likes we have never seen before. Stat padding pales in comparison. Stuff like that will do more in the long run.

Nightwing doesn’t need to prove himself, he needs to move on from that. Readers need to let go of that chip on their shoulder. If he acts like he belongs, he’ll belong. People’s idea of character will generally trump the details. Look at Batman. Dude loses all the time, yet no one questions his legitimacy. We know what’s what. On the flip side look at Cass Cain. They laid all the best fighters at her feet, she’s the best fighter ever apparently, and yet what does that do for her. That’s not what people respond to these days.
    lol

I just said i want him to fight more skilled fighters instead of just tugs. Or at least other supervillains.
    I never questioned if he belongs or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Yeah there isn't really much in the way of actual villain fights.

What we did get was cool like with Blockbuster, but overall Dick fought way more ordinary thugs instead of actual supervillains.
    Yeah, even in the pirate storyline he just fought regular people.

DC hasn't paid attention to skill or power levels of the characters for years now. At the end of the day what matters is if it is drawn well and not the power level of the dude being punched.
    Last edited by HsssH; 03-31-2024 at 10:06 AM.

DC's idea of super-martial arts is part of the rot that lead to Bat-god.

Soo... I approve of it being regular martial arts.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess it's a question of following Taylor's lead or doing their own thing.

It doesn't seem like DC has any major plans with Babs so not sure what the future will look like for her.
    well since the titans are in bludhaven technically they are still in Taylor playground
    Cant just blow up the city, becasue it then has to be a threat that can get by the titans and their all demi god like

I cant see a globetrotting book since he has responsibilities as a leader. The books are somewhat tied together

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    well since the titans are in bludhaven technically they are still in Taylor playground
    Cant just blow up the city, becasue it then has to be a threat that can get by the titans and their all demi god like

I cant see a globetrotting book since he has responsibilities as a leader. The books are somewhat tied together
    Oh yeah, I guess the next writer is kind of stuck with the Titans? Unless they move them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh yeah, I guess the next writer is kind of stuck with the Titans? Unless they move them out.
    banished to Trigon's dimension?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    DC's idea of super-martial arts is part of the rot that lead to Bat-god.

Soo... I approve of it being regular martial arts.
    Its not even about making Dick look like a superhuman, its more just giving him interesting people to face off against.

Master thieves, people with weird powers, esoteric tech, spice things up so he's not always fighting plain average mooks majority of the time.