Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Nightwing #111: Really boring read.
    It's for fans in for wholesomeness.

(Also Renee has got to be one of the most inconsistently written characters in the line right now).
    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Dick and Terry fighting together in Crisis on infinite earths

Attachment 137883
    I love the scene where Psycho-Pirate turns the heroes against each other so we can get him attacking Bruce and complaining about his adolescence because it wouldn't be a DTV Dick Grayson if he wasn't complaining about his childhood with Batman .

Extraordinary Member

Next up is the old Robin himself, Dick Grayson. Nightwing #110 climbed up from the number 38 spot to the number 27 spot. This is the second straight month that this title has gone up in the rankings. Dick Grayson remains the best-selling Batman franchise character outside of Bruce Wayne.

I thought Nightwing #111 was quite good, Nightwing and Batman working a case.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Next up is the old Robin himself, Dick Grayson. Nightwing #110 climbed up from the number 38 spot to the number 27 spot. This is the second straight month that this title has gone up in the rankings. Dick Grayson remains the best-selling Batman franchise character outside of Bruce Wayne.
    And deservedly so.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Incredible Member

No lie, I really liked 111. Good to see Bruce and Dick work together and Dick take the lead. He showed his detective prowess and imo he’s actually being treated like n A lister in story. Also addressed why there has been no movement on the Heartless portion of the story.

I’m really looking forward to 112 and Taylor’s last arc. Taylor has accomplished so much with this run and I’ll always look back on it as one of the best Nightwing solo runs.

So with Taylor looking to wrap things up soon, who are folks in this thread thinking should be Dick's next creative team? My initial pick was Waid/Mora, but after reading some Tec' I think that Ram V could tell an amazing Nightwing story.

Quote Originally Posted by Valentonis View Post
    So with Taylor looking to wrap things up soon, who are folks in this thread thinking should be Dick's next creative team? My initial pick was Waid/Mora, but after reading some Tec' I think that Ram V could tell an amazing Nightwing story.
    I don't want someone who comes with their own vision of the character. I would like someone who does the basic monthly action. I'd like Waid/Mora more for something outside of the regular series (Nightwing never have anything, it's funny considering his sales).
    My ideal name would be Jed MacKey, but that's impossible, I see Ed Brisson as a good option.

I imagine Waid and especially Mora are too busy to work on a Nightwing book. Mora would be a dream though.

But other dream creators would be Chris Bachalo for an arc. I don't think he is interested in ongoings anymore, and he might have already gone back to Marvel, but I'd just love to see his art for a single volume story and let him draw some weird and over the top stuff. Bring in Babs, Huntress, and Starfire into the arc too so he can draw them in his style.

I don't think Mora is planning on leaving World's Finest as far as I know.

Waid would be a good writing choice. Gail Simone, Jeremy Adams, Josh Williamson would all be OK with me as writers.

For art, Roger Cruz, Gleb Melnikov, or Belen Ortega.

I'd shoot out of left field and bring in Quesada and Palmiotti to do the book.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Waid and Mora will probably feel burned out after Absolute Power and if they get a new book I think it is more likely to be Trinity related than something like Nightwing.

Ram's exclusive, I think, ends in 2025 so I wonder if he will want to do another ongoing in his last year.

What about Kelley Thompson? A female perspective could be fun.

Waid and Mora is a pipe dream, but i'm not against dreaming big. Ram V would be cool since he is the only Batman writer right now actually giving respect to Nightwing on his book. The only problem to me is that he would 100% bring the Vigil into the book, and i don't care about them at all.

Also not against a female perspective in the book and Kelley Thompson really likes Babs, so it would be cool to see her being the writer too.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    What about Kelley Thompson? A female perspective could be fun.
    I think she would write a great Nightwing...though whether by choice or otherwise I don't think she usually writes male characters solo.

(Maybe relaunch Batgirl though...?)

I think it would be cool for some one-shots by different creators until the new creative team takes the helm. Some of the coolest issues of the current Nightwing book came in between Humphries and Percy.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think she would write a great Nightwing...though whether by choice or otherwise I don't think she usually writes male characters solo.

(Maybe relaunch Batgirl though...?)
    Could always try Nightwing/Batgirl book.

A year ago I would have said thag Lanzing and Kelly should get a proper run. They filled in for Grayson's ending and did two decent one-shots ( Nightwing 42 and let them live 2). But after Outsiders book and some of their recent Marvel work I'm not so sure anymore.