Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    You are comparing him to characters like Batman, Superman, and Green Lanterns who have top tier villains in their rotation of stories. So you can do small stories in-between big ones much easier. Nightwing doesn't have that and the idea that he will somehow develop it by just doing the same thing over and over feels like wishful thinking when there are no examples of it happening with modern characters in the same position as Nightwing. To get something like an animated series, or even just an animated movie, you need something more to elevate the character. Especially when he is positioned behind Batman and even Robin in a lot of media now. Him fighting Blockbuster for the 5th time or some other D list villain isn't going to open any paths for the character.
    Well Deathstroke isn’t the answer for him. DC has made Slade into more of general DC threat. He doesn’t need dick or the titans inclusion to appear anywhere, even Joker doesn’t have free rein like that. He just a general villain in the DC universe thease days.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It was consistent the two kept facing off with one another. Since his first solo both his team books In animated films. This all went on consecutively up to his I quit robin moment. Enter Williamson who follows it up by including his friendship with rose and now half brother from Slade.
    It began when Slade used Damian to get to DickBats. It was from Slade and Dick's beef.
    Also Talia and Dick's tug of war.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! Even during the BIG unveiling, Dick had to share the page with Jericho (LOL):
    Weird that Nightwing is TM but Jericho is (R), when Nightwing was already an established name from Superman while Jericho's name was completely new.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    They tried to push her for a while, but I feel like most readers just see her as a lazy attempt to replacement for Harley.
    Yeah - she exists to fill the girl devoted to Joker niche now that Harley is well past that and has pretty much heel-face turned (in the new Suicide Squad mini, she's actually the only one loyal to superhero Dreamer instead of Amanda Waller).

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I'm trying to think of characters that at least got their first solo book run since the 90s and has any of them developed a good rogues gallery? Deadpool, Gambit, Cable, Tim Drake, Barbara Gordon, Cass Cain, Stephanie Brown, Static, Captain Marvel, Ms Marvel, X-23, Damian, Superboy, Supergirl, Impulse, Wonder Girl, Jonah Hex, Spider-Woman, Starman, Hellblazer/Constantine, Ghost Rider, Spider-Girl, Black Widow, Catwoman, Harley Quinn, and I'm probably forgetting many obvious ones. But do any of these characters have what you'd call a good rogues gallery? One that is any better that Nightwing's? Maybe a few of them depending on what you like. I just don't know if you can create a rogues gallery the way people want with how comics are now.
    Spider-Girl is valid because she didn't exist until 1998, but Spider-Woman had her own book in the 1970s. Supergirl has been around since the 1950s and had several solo books pre-Crisis. So Jessica and Kara shouldn't be in that list.

Obviously, with Taylor leaving the book, Nightwing will be getting a new writer. Do you think Al Ewing would be suitable? He's about to make his DC debut in one of the anthology books and seems to be winding down at Marvel.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 04-10-2024 at 02:16 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

WIP by Dan Mora, for Absolute Power most likely.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    WIP by Dan Mora, for Absolute Power most likely.

Any chance for Mora to draw Dick is a good one .

His Nightwing is fantastic.

Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Cyke View Post
    His Nightwing is fantastic.
    I agree. He does do a good nightwing

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Any chance for Mora to draw Dick is a good one .
    Couldn't agree more, Frontier!

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

"LOL, special 300, let's do a filler in Gotham. Bludhaven? Where is it?"

I'll never understand the people who seem to have made it their life's mission to hate on Tom Taylor irrationally.

I have plenty of grievances with certain stories, but at the end of the day these are just comics. And, well, from my exposure to Tom's writing, I've quite enjoyed the vast majority of it.

I actually got his Nightwing Vol. 1 in the mail yesterday. And I'm thrilled.

Edit: Context. Some people were posting themselves burning his image and stomping on his picture earlier.
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    I'll never understand the people who seem to have made it their life's mission to hate on Tom Taylor irrationally.

I have plenty of grievances with certain stories, but at the end of the day these are just comics. And, well, from my exposure to Tom's writing, I've quite enjoyed the vast majority of it.

Edit: Context. Some people were posting themselves burning his image and stomping on his picture earlier.
    I do not like him that much as a writer myself, but Jesus that is insane.

Those people have fucking problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post

That's terrible.

I feel like the most vocal detractor of his work and this run in general on this board, even if I enjoy part of it and respect those who do, but that is absolutely not okay.

I hope you enjoy the first volume.

Many people accuse Taylor of being disrespectful towards some minorities and certain groups. I never went back to find out what it was really about, but Taylor loves this exhibition, trust me.
    NOTE: ask the WW fandom what they think of Tom Taylor.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

And now Taylor himself is tweeting about it

Some people have actually formed a Twitter space called "Let's Kill Tom Taylor". I feel for Taylor, this is messed up.