Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829 LastLast
    Mighty Member

It's pathetic and sad. Just weirdos with parasocial attachments to fictional characters and ships (this is a dick and kory things for sure).

Like criticizing his writing and how it handles certain groups is one thing but these people are so aggressive and unhinged about it, it's for certain it's not about that at all. They want to feel good for being "progressive" but don't want to do actually do anything to actually help with progressive movements so they think yelling about comics and think they are morally superior cuz they want Bas as Oracle is all they need and that's that. Like for example I'm 99% sure these people like didn't show up for a BLM protest, donate, educate themselves etc and all they did was say "where's duke????"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    And now Taylor himself is tweeting about it

Some people have actually formed a Twitter space called "Let's Kill Tom Taylor". I feel for Taylor, this is messed up.
    It’s cowardly and insane and they still think they’re the victims. But through it all I just can’t understand why is it so selective? What did he write with Babs that was so offensive when she been walking for the last 15 years???

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    And now Taylor himself is tweeting about it

Some people have actually formed a Twitter space called "Let's Kill Tom Taylor". I feel for Taylor, this is messed up.
    It's Twitter I'm not surprised. Their just weirdos looking to hate and attack someone then play victim when the fight back. As long as it stays stupid internet crap just laugh at them. I hope Tom is laughing at them.

Astonishing Member

What did he even do, that he's getting such a treatment? He's writing absolutely safe comics (and he's criticized for that by some section of fans, who want something more complex), he's not trying to provoke someone, or pushing some complex narratives, Taylor is a literal epitome of safe writer.
    I'm really tired of these psychos. It's one of reasons why some writers just choose to quit writing for Big Two, especially certain characters.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    It's Twitter I'm not surprised. Their just weirdos looking to hate and attack someone then play victim when the fight back. As long as it stays stupid internet crap just laugh at them. I hope Tom is laughing at them.
    This isn’t silly internet stuff if they @ him it’s criminal and a threat

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Many people accuse Taylor of being disrespectful towards some minorities and certain groups. I never went back to find out what it was really about, but Taylor loves this exhibition, trust me.
    NOTE: ask the WW fandom what they think of Tom Taylor.
    Based on what? The voices in your head? Who cares what the WW fandom thinks of him? The guy shouldn't be receiving death threats or seeing his picture being stomped and burned just because people don't like the COMIC BOOK he writes.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Based on what? The voices in your head? Who cares what the WW fandom thinks of him? The guy shouldn't be receiving death threats or seeing his picture being stomped and burned just because people don't like the COMIC BOOK he writes.
    Are we getting Tom King and Tom Taylor mixed up again? Lol. I've never seen the Wonder Woman fans go after him either, really. For what? "Injustice"? That wasn't his call to make in the first place (the blame for Wonder Woman's characterization lies with Netherrealm Studios who wrote the main story for the game and Diana's role in it).

Like, Taylor's written her great in many other stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It’s cowardly and insane and they still think they’re the victims. But through it all I just can’t understand why is it so selective? What did he write with Babs that was so offensive when she been walking for the last 15 years???
    A girl in my Discord group basically pulled the receipts of the multiple, MULTIPLE times Taylor has brought up, addressed, confronted, and clarified Barbara's status quo, and the hassle it is for her to try and stay up-to-speed with the other heroes due to her injuries and disabilities, and the double-standard these haters have at zeroing in on Taylor over the dozens of other writers that have writing a walking, fighting Babs-as-Batgirl since 2011, while also ignoring both other disabled heroes circumventing their disabilities with comic book logic, as well as the real-world technological and medical advances that have been made since The Killing Joke that have allowed real people to reclaim mobility.

I take every criticism of "ableism" and "racism" and "sexism" seriously when people start throwing it out and do my due diligence and investigate the source material to see if there's validity to it.

For Taylor, I'm left scratching my head. There's some narrative issues, sure, but those strong accusations? I don't see it, and the way these people have acted has only made me conclude they're not arguing anything in good faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope you enjoy the first volume.
    I loved it.

Coming off the lows of recent ASM stories, I needed some positivity. There's a crazy bit of irony that ASM is criticized for being too downbeat and meanspirited, while Nightwing's current run is criticized for being too light and breezy. For my money - and also knowing it's bouncing off the "Ric Grayson" and Dan Didio bias against him - it's a breath of fresh air.

Coupled with the Jeremy Adams' Flash volumes that accompanied my mail call last week and I've got a whole lot of wholesome, inspirational, feel-good superhero comics to digest right now.
    Last edited by Garlador; 04-14-2024 at 06:05 AM.
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    Are we getting Tom King and Tom Taylor mixed up again? Lol. I've never seen the Wonder Woman fans go after him either, really. For what? "Injustice"? That wasn't his call to make in the first place (the blame for Wonder Woman's characterization lies with Netherrealm Studios who wrote the main story for the game and Diana's role in it).
    No, at least here the WW fandom don't like him. I don't know about Twitter, and to be frank, I don't really care. But based on this forum, they dislike him.

I've seen people from the Superman forums hating on him too, mainly one person very often, but some don't like his writing too. But here, thankfully, they are at least civil.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It cowardly bullying.

Tom Taylor is an easy target. A writer that's been catching flak for a while that huge swats of fans don't come out fighting for.

Like on tumblr posts dunking on him get loads of likes and reblogs and most of those from folks who don't even read the comics.

They call him sexist, ableist, zionist, racist and everything in between.
    He gets the blame for Injustice, for Babs walking. He even got called Racist by ignorant racist fans for making Damian a Sand Cat in Beast World. However that particular faux outrage was squashed before it could catch wind when comments who had read the actual comics jumped in to squash those bad fate call outs.

It's ridiculous. Fans are weaponizing 'isms' to target creatives and folks they don't like.

Tom is getting dunked because he's writing a popular series with eyes on it that features Babs as love interest and not confined to a chair.

These guys know it wasn't his call since the BOP writer revealed that it was a mandate. But these fans don't care because they are trying to strong arm him/DC into pandering to them.

Fans need to stick up for creatives when they are coming under attack, even when isms are involved because these folks that weaponise real life social ills are the lowest form of scum and should be stopped.

And could we stop dismissing these people as weirdo's.

They aren't just that. They are malicious, manipulative and insidious.
    Purposefully attempting to create enough negativity and generate ill will towards a creative through misinformation just because a work of fiction isn't going their way.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Fans need to stick up for creatives when they are coming under attack, even when isms are involved because these folks that weaponise real life social ills are the lowest form of scum and should be stopped.
    They - and by "they" I mean "us" - certainly should stick up for the creatives.

I struggle with this balance in my ASM campaign because I have hundreds of people in my group who are angry and upset and want to lash out. I say OFTEN "attack the story, not the storyteller" and have made it off-limits to drag any writer's personal lives into a response or email to the offices. In some cases, for the integrity of the group, we have to ban people who let their anger cross a line, because silence is condoning it.

There are legitimately awful people in comics - ones who have committed actual crimes and hurt actual people - so it's disappointing to see someone rigorously attacked who, by my observations, has been a strong advocate for equality, LGBTQI+ rights, and more diversity and acceptance - in and out of the printed page. People like that should be elevated, not brought down.
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu

Also, we really need to step back from pouring vitriol into every discussion. way too many disagreements that should be minor get blown out of proportion and lose all focus on the actual subject matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post

Like, Taylor's written her great in many other stories.
    Not to get side-tracked but he's not popular with the WW fandom because he's had her job numerous times, leaned too hard on the "Warrior Woman" aspect, had her get disrespected in numerous instances to prop up other characters, and in general just doesn't seem to care that much about her outside her name characters status.
    I loved it.

Coming off the lows of recent ASM stories, I needed some positivity. There's a crazy bit of irony that ASM is criticized for being too downbeat and meanspirited, while Nightwing's current run is criticized for being too light and breezy. For my money - and also knowing it's bouncing off the "Ric Grayson" and Dan Didio bias against him - it's a breath of fresh air.

Coupled with the Jeremy Adams' Flash volumes that accompanied my mail call last week and I've got a whole lot of wholesome, inspirational, feel-good superhero comics to digest right now.
    I'm glad you enjoy it. That's entirely the kind of stuff that is why his run is as popular as it is.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

He absolutely sucks at writing Wonder Woman, but that only warrants standard online criticism of his work. Not this creepy behavior, it doesn't matter who the character is

Extraordinary Member

Tim seely has commented on this, and I remember what it was like for him.
    This you know it from crazy dick Kory fans.

IMG_8557.jpgIMG_8557.jpg
    https://x.com/hackintimseeley/status...jJ3z6TXVzl8ksw