Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Are there any "stealable" Marvel guys at the moment who might be lured over? "Nightwing" perhaps being a big enough title to tempt someone, without giving them the keys of the kingdom with "Action Comics" or "Batman".... Is Jed Mackay exclusive? Or someone like Charles Soule who (I think?) has been out of Big Two comics for a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Are there any "stealable" Marvel guys at the moment who might be lured over? "Nightwing" perhaps being a big enough title to tempt someone, without giving them the keys of the kingdom with "Action Comics" or "Batman".... Is Jed Mackay exclusive? Or someone like Charles Soule who (I think?) has been out of Big Two comics for a little while.
    Jed Mackay's currently writing Avengers and the next Marvel event, he's not jumping ship for a while.

(I wonder if they could snag Gerry Duggan now that he's wrapping up his X-Men tenure...unless they give him Spider-Man).

Incredible Member

Variant cover for Nightwing #111 by Stephanie Pepper

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Variant cover for Nightwing #111 by Stephanie Pepper

Just laying out .

Man, if you asked me to make the perfect Nightwing suit a few years ago, it'd be exactly this. Bold, simple, iconic, and even down to the accents like the light blue soles and palms that I grew to like from the New 52 skin in Arkham Knight and Rebirth suit respectively. Props to Redondo for just designed a rock solid suit without trying to put his mark on it. Looks great in all art styles, including the cover above.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

FINGER STRIPES .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    FINGER STRIPES .
    How did you type in all caps?
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

I like Kelly Thompson as a choice. Ram V would be great too but I think he’s probably going to write a Leaguer book. Gail Simone is almost assuredly doing X-Men and frankly her recent work has not wowed me. Thought Plastic Man was terrible and Jessica Jones was eh. Waid is probably doing the JL relaunch or something Trinity related, don’t think he’ll take over. I could see them giving it to Adams, tonally he’s very similar to Taylor and he’s only writing GL as an ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jed Mackay's currently writing Avengers and the next Marvel event, he's not jumping ship for a while.

(I wonder if they could snag Gerry Duggan now that he's wrapping up his X-Men tenure...unless they give him Spider-Man).
    Do we want Duggan? I’ve found him to be pretty mediocre during his tenure as architect of the Krakoa era, and he seems to be striking out with wrapping it up in Fall of the House of X. His Mr. Freeze one shot for One Bad Day was ok, but he’s not an exciting prospect to me.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ram V would be interesting but he pretty much said he isn't writing Nightwing here

I fear they might give it to Michael W. Conrad, who wrote the KT issues and is writing the back-ups. I didn't hate his Batgirls but from what I've seen he ties Nightwing way too much into the Batman mythos (like setting the stories in Gotham and using exclusively Batman villains).

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    Ram V would be interesting but he pretty much said he isn't writing Nightwing here

I fear they might give it to Michael W. Conrad, who wrote the KT issues and is writing the back-ups. I didn't hate his Batgirls but from what I've seen he ties Nightwing way too much into the Batman mythos (like setting the stories in Gotham and using exclusively Batman villains).
    Michael W. Conrad would be one of the worst choices, everything he wrote in the Nightwing back-ups was mid to bad. Not only that, but he basically wrote the " Wayne Family Adventures" story in those back-ups that people accused Taylor of doing.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

It would be a real downgrade to go from Taylor to Conrad.
    I think Thompson and Adams are the most realistic options, maybe Zdarsky, if he's willing to do something else. I think Adams teased, that he's doing something for DC that hasn't been announced yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I think Thompson and Adams are the most realistic options, maybe Zdarsky, if he's willing to do something else. I think Adams teased, that he's doing something for DC that hasn't been announced yet.
    Adams did say that he pitched something to DC with Travis Mercer. I would gladly take Jeremy Adams over Conrad, in a heartbeat.
    And Travis Mercer art is very cool, it looks like a cross between Jorge Jimenez and Javi Fernandez.

https://twitter.com/spacekicker/stat...47199401865306

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Adams did say that he pitched something to DC with Travis Mercer. I would gladly take Jeremy Adams over Conrad, in a heartbeat.
    And Travis Mercer art is very cool, it looks like a cross between Jorge Jimenez and Javi Fernandez.
    I saw someone tweeted that they were pitching Super Sons (no idea where that came from).
    But if they're working on Nightwing, that would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Zdarsky got offered the Nightwing book back in ~2018 by King and rejected it because he felt he didn't know much about the character.

Thompson and Adams would be good enough choices though.

Has Thompson written anything recently for DC?