Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Has Thompson written anything recently for DC?
    Birds of Prey?
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

For some reason my mind went to Robbie Thompson, the guy who wrote Suicide Squad during Infinite Frontier.

I think Adams is the most likely choice. For those who are fans of Taylor’s run, he would be the best possible option because of his similar style. But I’m rooting for Kelly Thompson.

For some reason my mind went to Robbie Thompson, the guy who wrote Suicide Squad during Infinite Frontier.
    When I saw “King” on a trade cover for Convergence, it took a sec to remember that it wasn’t Tom King it was Jeff King .
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

With how successful this run has been, I think it would be a mistake to not try to solidify the current sales position by getting a high level creative team. So I'd like to see something ambitious like King, Snyder, Waid, or V. I think that picking someone safe and feel-good like Adams (whose work has been well received but in sort of a Tomasi feel-good sense is my impression) or worse, Conrad, would just lead to a gradual erosion to the floor we see when Nightwing's creative team is neglected. But who knows, Taylor's run itself is really successful for being feel good rather than really ambitious.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Astonishing Member

Oh - I was reading somewhere that Phillip Kennedy Johnson is leaving Green Lantern - War Journal after 12 issues or so, but has other DC work lined up....

He's not someone I'd have immediately thought of, but his star is rising rapidly and he's a great world builder. He can do the Taylor style optimism, but with a slightly harder edge.

I'm quite for him, now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    With how successful this run has been, I think it would be a mistake to not try to solidify the current sales position by getting a high level creative team. So I'd like to see something ambitious like King, Snyder, Waid, or V. I think that picking someone safe and feel-good like Adams (whose work has been well received but in sort of a Tomasi feel-good sense is my impression) or worse, Conrad, would just lead to a gradual erosion to the floor we see when Nightwing's creative team is neglected. But who knows, Taylor's run itself is really successful for being feel good rather than really ambitious.
    I agree, they should keep the momentum going with the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Oh - I was reading somewhere that Phillip Kennedy Johnson is leaving Green Lantern - War Journal after 12 issues or so, but has other DC work lined up....

He's not someone I'd have immediately thought of, but his star is rising rapidly and he's a great world builder. He can do the Taylor style optimism, but with a slightly harder edge.

I'm quite for him, now.
    He feels like someone that should be writing the Justice League book, but hey, not against the idea.

I just don't want any of this run-of-the-mill writers to get the book.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Adams is a decent B-Lister but he’s never going to be a superstar. Unfortunately superstar writers are in high demand and most are locked up elsewhere. Snyder is rumored to be doing his Ultimate DC line, King is focused on his DCU work and isn’t taking on another ongoing besides WW per recent Word Balloon interviews with him, V has ruled himself out per an earlier post in the thread, and while I’d like Waid to do it I think he’s doing JL (or something Trinity related). Maybe Jason Aaron?

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post

I'm quite for him, now.
    He’d be great but he’s doing something with Superman in it per his hints. I suppose it’s not impossible he could take on Nightwing, but I don’t expect it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

I don't feel like Nightwing is something PKJ is really interested in, he seems to prefer something more large scaled. I can see him doing some huge Batman run down the road, but really doubt about Nightwing.

What about Wilson? Her Poison Ivy was (still is?) a sales hit as well so maybe she'd have good sales with Nightwing as well.

What about Wilson? Her Poison Ivy was (still is?) a sales hit as well so maybe she'd have good sales with Nightwing as well.
    She’s found success playing in the Gotham sandbox, sure I’d be fine with giving her a try. Would rather they give her Catwoman though. Oh hey you know whose another choice I’d love to see tackle Nightwing? Dan Watters.

Wilson did great with Poison Ivy but was really so-so with Wonder Woman. I think you need her to be put on a character she's passionate about.

Nevermind.

Its an availability issue, creators like King, Snyder, Waid are most likely busy and if they were to be available. How long would we get them. Whats more we have to look at the current landscape of WB and the reality of DC's position right now. But i agree, I'd still like to see something ambitious. Thats why i mentioned Kelly Thompson because a female creator taking over a male superhero would in itself be ambitious, as we rarely it. Plus she has respectable accomplishments under her belt.

Preview art of Kelley Jones for that Tim Seeley Brave and the Bold story.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Preview art of Kelley Jones for that Tim Seeley Brave and the Bold story.

Very eerie and gothic .