Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

More Nightwing, hopefully not by Meghan Fitzmartin.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

"Even as January threatens its worse weather-wise, here’s something to comfort you: Spring is just around the corner. Not enough? Don’t worry, we’ve got a little more: DC has a fun new one-off anthology coming to celebrate the next, and somewhat kinder, season. Coming this April, get ready for DC’s Spring Breakout!

An 80-page collection of stories in the tradition of other seasonal specials from the publisher, like December’s ’Twas the Mite Before Christmas, and next month’s How to Lose a Guy Gardner in 10 Days — yes, that latter is an entirely real title for a comic and a reminder that comics are wonderful — DC’s Spring Breakout! features eight stories from a mix of established and up-and-coming talent, including Meghan Fitzmartin, Mike Barr, Paul Pelletier, Kenya Danino, and many, many more. What better way to enjoy your own Spring Awakening?

DC’s official description of the issue reads, “Spring has sprung! Flowers are blooming, bees are buzzing, Harley is breaking King Shark out of Belle Reve prison…all is right in the DCU as both heroes and villains face all sorts of different spring breaks. Breaking out of a coffin? Lex Luthor has that covered. Spring break training? Send in Superman! Breaking out of your shell? Batman and Mr. Freeze explore that possibility through a connection in their shared past. Breaking down a worthy adversary? Katana and her sword of souls might just be able to tackle that. And it wouldn’t be a spring break without a Teen Titans beach trip! All these and more in DC’s Spring Breakout! — eight breakout stories to put a spring in your step! (Is there a zit breakout story? You’ll have to read to find out!)”

The issue will feature a main cover from John Timms, with two variants hinting at a baseball game I think all of us would like to attend by Batman/Superman: World’s Finest artist Dan Mora. Take a look at all three covers below, and prepare to pick up the $9.99 issue on April 30."

Last edited by Drako; 01-15-2024 at 05:39 PM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I notice a lack of swimsuits .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's cool .
    Nice! There's hardly any discussion about Dick's insignia/logo

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Extraordinary Member

IMG_7935.jpg

That’s a ton of accolades

Extraordinary Member

Does anyone else trend like a this?

IMG_7938.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    IMG_7935.jpg

That’s a ton of accolades
    This is awesome even if it entirely unsurprising considering how great the book is.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Mike W Belcher retro looking art.

MikeBelcherRobin.jpg

Nightwing #113\ Legacy Number #300 and the 2024 annual leaked ahead of the solicits.
    Not really interested in the annual tho, don't really care about Bea.

Also, this one is pretty cool:

Got it all from Reddit.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Nightwing #113\ Legacy Number #300 and the 2024 annual leaked ahead of the solicits.

Got it all from Reddit.

What's everyone's thoughts on Nightwing Year One, btw? I remember thinking that it wasn't great, apart from the Superman issue - which was excellent.

The only good cover for #300 is Mora, but he still doesn't sell me the issue.
    Now, this Box Set... I need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    She's a new character yeah.

Huh wow so Apex Ava is like a female Kraven.
    Yeah, basically Kraven's personality and Beast Boy's powers and origin.

A little detail, but it's very cool to see.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/look...oxes-for-2024/
    Those aren't new. They're just the pre-Dawn of DC one with a new font for the creator credits.

Though Harley now using Batman's is odd, as she previously used her own triple diamond logo.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Harley_Quinn_Vol_4_27

So, Bea's getting her own annual. Do they plan on giving Captain Blud her own series or something?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    What's everyone's thoughts on Nightwing Year One, btw? I remember thinking that it wasn't great, apart from the Superman issue - which was excellent.
    Definitely the worst one of that box. It's not bad, but it's not good either.

Got it all from Reddit.
    Wow, 300 issues? I wonder if it actually all adds up that way.

Of course they have a sequence that's just his butt.

Why are we getting an annual about Bea's origin? Like, who actually cares about that? I don't even like Melinda but that would probably be more relevant to this book than Bea.
    I think the major sticking point for people is the depiction of Bruce and the Dynamic Duo's breakup, but I think it's overall still a solid book and had good moments with Supes, Deadman, Babs, Jason, etc.

Though there was also that moment where Dick almost cheats on Kory with Babs which...yeah.

Extraordinary Member

What's everyone's thoughts on Nightwing Year One, btw? I remember thinking that it wasn't great...
    That's because it wasn't. All it really did was check boxes without giving the character or the story any sort of real life to them. It was a similar issue I had with Dixon's original run on Nightwing, but these issues were a bit less glaring there. I'm also convinced that Robin Year One and Batgirl Year One are only as good as they are because of the artists, who do most of the heavy lifting making up for Dixon's particularly drab storytelling style.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I think it did actually show a good job of showing Dick maturing as a Superhero and growing into his own man and how the various points in his journey contributed to the Nightwing identity.