Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

They were all beats that have been hit before, but by better writers. It just felt long and unnecessary.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wow, 300 issues? I wonder if it actually all adds up that way.
    Nightwing (1995): 4 +
    Nightwing (1996): 153 +
    Nightwing (2011): 30 +
    Nightwing (2016): 113 = 300 issues of Nightwing.

Not counting Annuals and specials, of course.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    They were all beats that have been hit before, but by better writers. It just felt long and unnecessary.
    Not really? I don't think we've seen the same progress depicted that way before.

I think the closest was the "lost years" B:TAS comic.

Extraordinary Member

An entire annual about Bea? If they had plans for her down the road? But I know they don’t

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    An entire annual about Bea? If they had plans for her down the road? But I know they don’t
    Ya, i know Moore did a bunch of half issues of Ric but uhg...

Astonishing Member

An annual for Bea/Captain Blud and her secret society of pirates? Eh, I'm not exactly banging down their door for it - but it's exactly the kind of focus on Nightwing's unique support characters/Bludhaven-specific parts of his world that they should be doing. She's not a Gotham, a Batman, a Titans or even a Robin thing - she's a Nightwing thing.

She's a Ric thing though.

Astonishing Member

And that's actually really surprising that Taylor is willing to revisit some elements from that era, considering how fans ''love'' it.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 01-19-2024 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Nightwing (1995): 4 +
    Nightwing (1996): 153 +
    Nightwing (2011): 30 +
    Nightwing (2016): 113 = 300 issues of Nightwing.

Not counting Annuals and specials, of course.
    Too bad we don't have pre-made charts like Marvel did a few years ago. Whenever someone asks about legacy numbering they're the first thing I look for. Second port of call being the Fandom wikis to check for anything since or if no Marvel Legacy chart exists.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I dont know that I would have devoted an entire annual to her though...maybe a back up or two.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    An annual for Bea/Captain Blud and her secret society of pirates? Eh, I'm not exactly banging down their door for it - but it's exactly the kind of focus on Nightwing's unique support characters/Bludhaven-specific parts of his world that they should be doing. She's not a Gotham, a Batman, a Titans or even a Robin thing - she's a Nightwing thing.
    But there are like so many other characters they could do this with...

When Taylor's run started I remember some of us complained about Ric era being referenced more than Rebirth Nightwing or Grayson. Others said it is fine because it was previous run and Taylor has to make a point about his run being different. But I guess Taylor just likes that period for one reason or another.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not really? I don't think we've seen the same progress depicted that way before.
    Wolfman covered this better in a far more engaging way, imho. Dixon's storytelling has always come off really mechanical.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Exactly. He's borrowed enough from other characters.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

The Nightwing #100 issue was a bit of a dud I felt like, so I do wonder if this Nightwing #300 legacy numbering issue will be the same. #100 was mostly just small standalone stories with some having rushed art for the extended page count. I remember people thinking #100 was going to have some big reveal and it didn't have anything, so expectations for #300 should be adjusted I think.

And I'd rather get an Annual about Blockbuster's corpse than more Bea, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    When Taylor's run started I remember some of us complained about Ric era being referenced more than Rebirth Nightwing or Grayson. Others said it is fine because it was previous run and Taylor has to make a point about his run being different. But I guess Taylor just likes that period for one reason or another.
    I mean, I'm sure it has some fans...but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Wolfman covered this better in a far more engaging way, imho. Dixon's storytelling has always come off really mechanical.
    I haven't actually read Wolfman's Nightwing, come to think of it.

The DickxBabs stuff definitely did not come off mechanical to me. I liked how he used Supes and Deadman too, and Jason.
    Exactly. He's borrowed enough from other characters.
    But maybe he should focus on more relevant characters? I don't even like her but I still think Melinda could use a focus issue more.