Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Better yet split it among his female supporting characters like Babs, Bea and Melinda , stories in Bludhaven. That’s a premise. An annual is a lot of pages for a character that debuted in an infamous arc. The blurb also provides no hook for us readers, and rather makes us think Nightwing will have no presence in the story at all.

The most I hope to get out of this is Bludhaven lore possibly. I feel bad being not excited for this but it’s such an odd choice.
    Are we counting Bea as a supporting character just because she got an arc? Are we assuming that means she's going to appear more often because...reasons?

Though that does make me realize Dick's supporting cast looks bare-bones outside guest characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Or just do a Babs and Starfire story. That feels like the easiest one to do. It feels like this is the only time you'll ever have the two of them living in the same city and possibly even the same building together and it would be a bit of a waste not to do something with them. I know Taylor has said he doesn't want to do anything drama related with them, which is reasonable, but doing a story that transitions them from having no relationship, or at least an awkward one, to having a more friendly relationship would be something over just skipping to them being randomly friendly with each other without any real interaction.
    Honestly this feels like more of a story worth telling in an annual, though I think I'd rather another writer other than Taylor handling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the major sticking point for people is the depiction of Bruce and the Dynamic Duo's breakup, but I think it's overall still a solid book and had good moments with Supes, Deadman, Babs, Jason, etc.

Though there was also that moment where Dick almost cheats on Kory with Babs which...yeah.
    Yeah! Thanks for the reminder (LOL):

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Extraordinary Member

Are we counting Bea as a supporting character just because she got an arc? Are we assuming that means she's going to appear more often because...reasons?

Though that does make me realize Dick's supporting cast looks bare-bones outside guest characters.

Honestly this feels like more of a story worth telling in an annual, though I think I'd rather another writer other than Taylor handling it.
    Well that the only way I can justify a whole what 60 pages dedicated to her. They must have some additional plans for her.

A whole Starfire/Babs book would just stir trouble. Thier brief interactions thus far have had Luke warm receptions because they want drama from them. No doubt it would sell tho, this bea book is kinda waste and could only be seen as vanity project.

LoL, you guys think that scene is bad. Well do I got an annual for you...
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-20-2024 at 08:49 AM.

Not really? I don't think we've seen the same progress depicted that way before.

I think the closest was the "lost years" B:TAS comic.
    OMG! An underrated Classic (IMHO):

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    LoL, you guys think that scene is bad. Well do I got an annual for you...
    I feel like you could make a top 10 list of Dick being a jerk to Kory.

The DickxBabs stuff definitely did not come off mechanical to me. I liked how he used Supes and Deadman too, and Jason.
    Same here. Dixon did quite an adequate job, especially with Jason before co-opting the identity of The Red Hood

Last edited by K7P5V; 01-20-2024 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Extraordinary Member

I haven't actually read Wolfman's Nightwing, come to think of it.
    I'm mostly referring to his New Teen Titans/New Titans stuff to be specific.

The DickxBabs stuff definitely did not come off mechanical to me.
    Maybe more contrived? Honestly, during the '90s, the only creative team that ever convinced me they had any sort of chemistry were the guys behind BTAS.

But maybe he should focus on more relevant characters? I don't even like her but I still think Melinda could use a focus issue more.
    What's relevant is relative.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    That would be true of whoever they used. And the leader of a secret pirate society is more interesting to me than bringing back Torque or Nite-Wing or someone.
    No joke.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I recently cuaght up with Toms entire run. I checked out the first issue, forgot about it. Checked out the 100th issue...forgot about it. But read it all through last night and this morning and really enjoying what they've been doing with Dick. Esp with Dick/Babs as a couple.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Dick Grayson style

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    A whole Starfire/Babs book would just stir trouble. Thier brief interactions thus far have had Luke warm receptions because they want drama from them. No doubt it would sell tho, this bea book is kinda waste and could only be seen as vanity project.
    Their only interaction really was just complementing each other which felt out of place given the lack of stories with them. You could do a story with them teaming up and not have it be negative towards either of them. Just have it be more light in tone like the MJ and Black Cat teams ups recently.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I'm mostly referring to his New Teen Titans/New Titans stuff to be specific.
    I think that worked at the time it was done, though Nightwing: Year One was a lot more involved.
    Maybe more contrived? Honestly, during the '90s, the only creative team that ever convinced me they had any sort of chemistry were the guys behind BTAS.
    Well, I guess "contrived" in the sense that it's depicting them as wanting to get into each others' tights as early as back then thanks to the power of retcons (which B:TAS probably helped with by making them contemporaries) when he was more serious about Kory back then.
    What's relevant is relative.
    If you appear in one arc, suddenly that means you're a big part of this book again I guess .

I feel like you could make a top 10 list of Dick being a jerk to Kory.
    An unenviable task, to say the least...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    An unenviable task, to say the least...
    Kory was young and still new to the planet, she didn’t really have a life yet
    Dick was stiff and a hardcase basically until wolfman was done with him

But glad people are seeing it wasn’t all rosy

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Their only interaction really was just complementing each other which felt out of place given the lack of stories with them. You could do a story with them teaming up and not have it be negative towards either of them. Just have it be more light in tone like the MJ and Black Cat teams ups recently.
    Shed make a great guest player on Birds of Prey