Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

April 2024 Solicits contd

DC’S SPRING BREAKOUT!
    Written by MEGHAN FITZMARTIN, CAMERON CHITTOCK, JOEY ESPOSITO, MORGAN HAMPTON, PATRICK R. YOUNG, TOM KRAJEWSKI, MIKE BARR, and more!
    Art by KENYA DANINO, VASCO GEORGIEV, PAUL PELLIETIER, NICO BASCUÑÁN, and more!
    Cover by JOHN TIMMS
    Batman variant cover by DAN MORA
    Harley variant cover by DAN MORA
    $9.99 US | 80 pages | Variant $9.99 US (all covers are card stock)
    ON SALE 4/30/24
    Spring has sprung! Flowers are blooming, bees are buzzing, Harley is breaking King Shark out of Belle Reve prison…all is right in the DCU as both heroes and villains face all sorts of different spring breaks. Breaking out of a coffin? Lex Luthor has that covered. Spring break training? Send in Superman! Breaking out of your shell? Batman and Mr. Freeze explore that possibility through a connection in their shared past. Breaking down a worthy adversary? Katana and her sword of souls might just be able to tackle that. And it wouldn’t be a spring break without a Teen Titans beach trip! All these and more in DC’s Spring Breakout!—eight breakout stories to put a spring in your step (is there a zit breakout story? You’ll have to read to find out!)

BATMAN AND ROBIN AND HOWARD #2
    Written by JEFFREY BROWN
    Art and cover by JEFFREY BROWN
    $3.99 US | 40 pages | 2 of 4
    ON SALE 4/9/24
    Having finally met their match, Damian and Howard’s rivalry continues to escalate, both on and off the field. As the boys struggle to work together, Batman begins investigating a series of incidents targeting other soccer teams in the area. Who could it be? And could Damian’s soccer team be their next target?

SUPER SONS: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION BOOK ONE
    Written by PETER J. TOMASI and PATRICK GLEASON
    Art by JORGE JIMÉNEZ, CARLO BARBERI, and PATRICK GLEASON
    Cover by PATRICK GLEASON and MICK GRAY
    $49.99 US | 552 pages | 6 5/8″ x 10 3/16″ | Softcover | ISBN: 978-1-77952-596-3
    ON SALE 6/18/24
    The sons of Superman and Batman must find their footing as they attempt to live up to their family names. Trying to grow up fast, the pair form an inseparable bond that will shape them into the heroes of tomorrow! Superboy and Robin venture out of the shadows of their parents into the world as a brand-new superhero duo.
    Collects Super Sons #1-14, Super Sons Annual #1, Super Sons/Dynomutt #1, Superman #10-11, #37-38, Teen Titans #15, and a story from DC Rebirth: Holiday Special #1.

So we are getting new collection that collects stuff from the start to the ending of Titans/Superman/Super Sons crossover. I guess second one will collect remaining stuff. I prefer this to the extended omnibus versions since second and third series are noticeably weaker than the first one.

Astonishing Member

Comic twitter is looking for another reason to be pissed off, what a surprise.
    SUPER SONS: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION BOOK ONE
    Written by PETER J. TOMASI and PATRICK GLEASON
    Art by JORGE JIMÉNEZ, CARLO BARBERI, and PATRICK GLEASON
    Cover by PATRICK GLEASON and MICK GRAY
    $49.99 US | 552 pages | 6 5/8″ x 10 3/16″ | Softcover | ISBN: 978-1-77952-596-3
    ON SALE 6/18/24
    The sons of Superman and Batman must find their footing as they attempt to live up to their family names. Trying to grow up fast, the pair form an inseparable bond that will shape them into the heroes of tomorrow! Superboy and Robin venture out of the shadows of their parents into the world as a brand-new superhero duo.
    Collects Super Sons #1-14, Super Sons Annual #1, Super Sons/Dynomutt #1, Superman #10-11, #37-38, Teen Titans #15, and a story from DC Rebirth: Holiday Special #1.
    I guess, Super Sons collections are usually selling really-really well? I think they're getting the new editions very often.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Yeah complete psychos

Odd to see a such a past from a fan who stans Asian Tim not the canon Asian Robin and whose blog has like 3 Damian mentions. All of them negative and not comic related.

My guess is they didn't read the comic or they are part of that strange sub sections of fans who have been complaining that Tim didn't get a furry persona like the others.

Comments like this, blur the line resulting in serious allegations/cases of racism blending in with the twt noise, subsequently getting dismissed along with it.

It's actually damaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Comic twitter is looking for another reason to be pissed off, what a surprise.

I guess, Super Sons collections are usually selling really-really well? I think they're getting the new editions very often.
    They were 2 Omni's in 2023 [in total I believe they released 4 Super sons Omnis thus far] and now this.

DC is certainly managing to have their cake and eat it. There's no incentive to bring back the duo if you can just keep spamming existing content.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    So we are getting new collection that collects stuff from the start to the ending of Titans/Superman/Super Sons crossover. I guess second one will collect remaining stuff. I prefer this to the extended omnibus versions since second and third series are noticeably weaker than the first one.
    This should also be cheaper so fans aren't forced to pay Omnibus prices for the weaker volumes.

The unnecessary drama side, this isn't what I meant when I said I wanted to see Damian and Dick together again.

Astonishing Member

Josh Keaton was supposed to voice Damian in the cancelled game, where he was supposed to become the new Batman.

Happy to see that the comments are not in agreement and are letting the poster know.

I really enjoyed the issues he has been in and how he was portrayed.

The choice to have him transform into a A Sand Cat specifically is genius. The perfect pick. Taylor clearly thought into choosing his animal [Jason, Bruce and Dick's were also very fixing]

Shame most fans missed that and some are even changing his bred and colour of far in fanarts.

It's annoying.

Also where was all this outrage when Glass was doing all manner of racist **** to Damian?#

Suicide Bomber Damian is cool.
    'Wrong biology' comment is ignored but Damian as a wild act been treated like every other transformed character and all hell breaks loose.
    Because it's Tom Taylor and twitter likes to accuse him of everything and anything.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    April 2024 Solicits contd

DC’S SPRING BREAKOUT!
    Written by MEGHAN FITZMARTIN, CAMERON CHITTOCK, JOEY ESPOSITO, MORGAN HAMPTON, PATRICK R. YOUNG, TOM KRAJEWSKI, MIKE BARR, and more!
    Art by KENYA DANINO, VASCO GEORGIEV, PAUL PELLIETIER, NICO BASCUÑÁN, and more!
    Cover by JOHN TIMMS
    Batman variant cover by DAN MORA
    Harley variant cover by DAN MORA
    $9.99 US | 80 pages | Variant $9.99 US (all covers are card stock)
    ON SALE 4/30/24
    Spring has sprung! Flowers are blooming, bees are buzzing, Harley is breaking King Shark out of Belle Reve prison…all is right in the DCU as both heroes and villains face all sorts of different spring breaks. Breaking out of a coffin? Lex Luthor has that covered. Spring break training? Send in Superman! Breaking out of your shell? Batman and Mr. Freeze explore that possibility through a connection in their shared past. Breaking down a worthy adversary? Katana and her sword of souls might just be able to tackle that. And it wouldn’t be a spring break without a Teen Titans beach trip! All these and more in DC’s Spring Breakout!—eight breakout stories to put a spring in your step (is there a zit breakout story? You’ll have to read to find out!)
    So many selfless hero costumes.

It looks odd. Why didn't they just wear civilian clothes?

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    The unnecessary drama side, this isn't what I meant when I said I wanted to see Damian and Dick together again.
    It still hit the spot for me though. A decent amount of heart warming panels.