Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    What are some of DD's best runs since Brubaker left the series. I have picked up a few stories here and there but what would you all recommend?
    Gotta go with the majority, Waid's run is best. All things considered, a highly entertaining experience (IMHO):

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Shame we never got MCU Matt and Natasha.
    Yeah! That's too bad.

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-15-2024 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Hey, all. Is anyone able to clarify if Matt is either passed away and people remember that about him and so should not only be stunned to find him again or do they not remember Matt at all? For if the former is true than how does Ben not recognize him? Was that because Ben was possessed? Because when Jen found him in that shop in the last issue I think Matt said something to the effect of no one should know him in this new life and it turned out Jen too was possessed but knew who he was. But Ben was possessed and did not know him. And if no one should know him in this new life how did Elektra remember him in the first issue? And in the preview for the next issue Doc Strange not only remembers Matt but also know he’s DD? Is this new status quo just incredibly inconsistent or am I missing something?
    Last edited by Nanashi; 02-17-2024 at 07:05 AM.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I think it's inconsistent so far. He presented it as almost a slow realization. People are figuring it out, but it isn't instantaneous. Hard to say for sure.

BTW, anyone else read Daredevil: Black Armor? I enjoyed it for the most part, but I'm curious what other people think. Also, how should we approach it with continuity? New story set in that era or more of a What If story?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Really enjoyed DD #6 LovedlovedLOVED! Aaron Kuder's exquisite art told that story from start to finish.
    I always love when there's a switch up in colour and Saladin Ahmed really sells it this time around.

I think those who know who Matt is are the ones closest to him and were possessed...his Demons knowing who he his. I don't recall him ever being that close to Ben Urich.

Stephen Strange would definitely know and recognise him on sight because the mystical and divine are his forte.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-21-2024 at 01:06 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Really enjoyed DD #6 LovedlovedLOVED! Aaron Kuder's exquisite art told that story from start to finish.
    I always love when there's a switch up in colour and Saladin Ahmed really sells it this time around.

I think those who know who Matt is are the ones closest to him and were possessed...his Demons knowing who he his. I don't recall him ever being that close to Ben Urich.

Stephen Strange would definitely know and recognise him on sight because the mystical and divine are his forte.
    Great art? Yes. The story? Fine. I can’t say I didn’t like it so its OK.

He’s very close to Ben. There’s no way Matt wouldn’t be instantly recognizable.

That’s never been the case between DD and Doctor Strange. But Strange just knows who is with nary an explanation?

This run has been disappointingly incoherent so far. Much like Shadowland, theres a really cool and interesting idea but the execution has not been stellar.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 02-21-2024 at 03:57 PM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Okies.....
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    He’s very close to Ben. There’s no way Matt wouldn’t be instantly recognizable.
    I know, right?! After all, Ben discovered the secret ID of Daredevil & was present when Matt recounted his origin.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 02-21-2024 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Okies.....
    Haha just trying to make sense of this run if possible.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I think it's inconsistent so far. He presented it as almost a slow realization. People are figuring it out, but it isn't instantaneous. Hard to say for sure.

BTW, anyone else read Daredevil: Black Armor? I enjoyed it for the most part, but I'm curious what other people think. Also, how should we approach it with continuity? New story set in that era or more of a What If story?
    I liked Black Armor a lot! Even though I am such a 90s nerd that I winced at some of the continuity issues, I really enjoyed the story overall though I wished that they could have had Scott McDaniel do the artwork.

Astonishing Member

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/03/22/ma...daredevil-7-4/

Daredevil next week issue preview. This isn't the first time Wolverine been possessed by a demon if you recalled Wolverine goes to Hell story from Jason Aaron.

I'm searching my memories for when Matt has displayed behavior that would identify him as an LGBTIQA+ Ally. Anyone? If anything I would think writers might portray him as conflicted given his deep Catholicism or make a point of reconciling the conflict. Maybe I missed a story beat somewhere...or THIS story will be the one to address that...
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Marvel Comics Celebrates Its LGBTQIA+ Icons in New Pride Variant Covers
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...l-summers-loki

On sale throughout June, this year’s Pride variant covers were drawn by two of the industry’s most promising talents: Betsy Cola and Davi Go. Across eight stunning covers on Marvel’s hottest titles, celebrate LGBTQIA+ heroes from throughout the Marvel Universe, including members of the Avengers, the X-Men, and more. Each piece teams up LGBTQIA+ characters with one of their fellow icons, showcasing both the spirit of Pride Month and exemplifying the importance of strong allyship.

Here are some of the characters spotlighted on this year’s covers:

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

First impressions of today’s issue…Wow. By far the best issue of the run for the absolutely great and brutal fight alone that was also surprisingly well choreographed. The conclusion to the fight is disappointing in that it’s a bit ambiguous and painfully repetitive but everything else…I’m in awe. What masterful art by Kuder and all involved. This issue is stunning to behold. Just…wow.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 03-27-2024 at 01:16 PM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

^^^Couldn't agree more. The latest issue was truly exemplary (IMHO):

Fantastic Member

I'm liking these latest Daredevil issues. He reminds me of Damien Karras.

Loved the latest issue. Really enjoyed watching Matt and Logan fight. Matt knew he could not win but he survived.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime