Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hopefully not to be killed off!
    But comic accuracy!

Amazing Member

Finally read #5. Not a bad issue, wonder if Doctor Strange will also be possessed in the next issue.
    I really hope we start getting the return of some of Daredevil’s own supporting cast rather than just having other heroes cameo for him to exorcise.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hopefully not to be killed off!
    they better not complain about matt being DD either too
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Apricot View Post
    Finally read #5. Not a bad issue, wonder if Doctor Strange will also be possessed in the next issue.
    I really hope we start getting the return of some of Daredevil’s own supporting cast rather than just having other heroes cameo for him to exorcise.
    when you say his own supporting cast(s) who do you mean exactly and which was the last run he/she was featured in the main daredevil book?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    when you say his own supporting cast(s) who do you mean exactly and which was the last run he/she was featured in the main daredevil book?
    Foggy, Detective North from the last run. Whatever happened to Kirsten after he ran away to the ninja island. Just you know, Daredevil characters. It was nice to see Ben Urich back last issue though, considering he used to be in the around quite frequently than basically stopped showing up after the Bendis run.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Apricot View Post
    Foggy, Detective North from the last run. Whatever happened to Kirsten after he ran away to the ninja island. Just you know, Daredevil characters. It was nice to see Ben Urich back last issue though, considering he used to be in the around quite frequently than basically stopped showing up after the Bendis run.
    I skipped Zdarsky's whole run and I need to catch up with it. I don't remember Foggy being relevant or even present in Soule's run and he was central in Waid's. The villains seems to be more his supporting casts these days while the characters around Matt usually are new characters in new settings.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Niffleheim

Blood Hunt Variant Cover

Mighty Member

Daredevil by Dan Mora

Daredevil Dan Mora.jpg

Mighty Member

What are some of DD's best runs since Brubaker left the series. I have picked up a few stories here and there but what would you all recommend?

Happy Valentine's Day!

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    What are some of DD's best runs since Brubaker left the series. I have picked up a few stories here and there but what would you all recommend?
    Mark Waid's run, Charles Soule's run and Chip Zdarsky's run.

Mighty Member

Well, you're looking at Diggle, Waid, Soule, Zdarsky and the current run. IMO...

Diggle is pretty easily skip-able. Didn't move the needle for me. Not awful comics, but just not really good either. It felt very rote. Also, heavy inclusion of the Hand, which is usually a bad sign.

Waid's run comes in two volumes. The first New York, the second San Fran. The first volume is BRILLIANT, and should really belong on any DD reading list. The very first story of the second volume is of the same calibur, but then it starts to lose steam. Still very solid and entertaining, but there are some choices I wasn't a fan of and it just feels like Waid had run out of things to really say with the character. But it's still fun right up to the end, for the most part, so there is that.

Soule is a mixed bag. There are some excellent arcs, but then there are some snooze-fest arcs. More heavy emphasis on the Hand, with similar results. Overall, still very much worth reading just brace yourself for some inconsistency. But the highs are really quite high, and the lows are not that low.

Zdarsky again comes in two volumes. The first volume is really solid. Starts red hot, but then kind of cools off as things settle in. There are a lot of ideas I like here, not all of them executed as well as they could have been. But I thought Zdarsky's voice for Matt was top notch, and there is some beautiful art in some of these issues. His second volume is pretty readily forgettable. More from the Hand. And while I can't say I hated it, I probably wouldn't have stuck with it if I wasn't a completionist.

The current run is only a few issues old, but is off to a pretty interesting start. Goes in a very different direction that we'll have to wait and see on, a little bit.

Extraordinary Member

I've read pretty much every issue since, but the only one I really cared for is Zdarsky's. It pretty much encapsulates everything I like about the DD mythos (especially organized crime, Elektra, and the Hand). I'm probably one of the few that really didn't care for Waid's run(s). While I love him as a writer (loved his Cap, Flash, Impulse, Kingdom Come, JLA, Superman, and World's Finest work), he just didn't give me what I want out of a DD run. Soule's is fine. Just fine. There are at least a couple stories in his run, though, that are key for setting up Zdarsky's run, so at least those I feel are worth a read.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Astonishing Member

https://www.gamesradar.com/dr-strang..._medium=social

Next week issue preview with appearance of Dr Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Happy Valentine's Day!

Shame we never got MCU Matt and Natasha.