Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I think that she hit Sunspot with her arrows causing him to fall from the sky, and he would have either died or been seriously injured if he hadn't been saved. And Dani didn't care that he had almost died and if he had it would have directly her fault.
    thats not what happened. I think you might be referring to X-Force 28 when Reignfire dropped Gyrich and Dani and Locus aimed at him. Sunspot flew for the first time to save him. He absorbed the blast and redirected it back at Locus. Dani wasnt even targeting Bobby not was he in any danger

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    Exactly, Havok83, thanks for sharing the screenshot.

And on the Carter telepathic intervention - I don't ever recall Xavier or Jean telepathically intervening on Polaris and Havok's relationship/s. Also, Carter didn't telepathically MAKE them have an affair, he created a telepathic space for them to have an affair, similar to Scott and Emma having a psychic affair. But more importantly, I don't want to brush over the main problem with this situation: Havok had an affair with an openly anti-mutant, racist human mere months after Polaris survived the genocide of 16 million mutants. Yet, Polaris' PTSD response to this has been held against her by fellow X-Men (and fans) for now decades since, and Havok gets to keep calling her "crazy". Meanwhile, he's on and off with Madelyne Pryor, but I digress.

I'm very hard on Havok in spaces meant for Polaris, I recognize that. But I've yet to be shown if or why I shouldn't be.
    Taking Annie out of hte equation, Lorna and Alex had no business reuniting, let alone getting engaged in that period. She had alot of undealt trauma from that relationship to the point where she fell into a major depression when he "died" and her head was all messed. He himself was coming straight off of Mutant X and that messed with his head as well as i think his memories were off. Them reuniting felt more like trauma bonding bc they were a familar place to each other but it was always a toxic recipe for disaster. If anything Annie helped him to move even if that came with its own set of problems. Lorna realizing that she did not need him and could co-exist in the same space as him and be okay was a profound moment for her and is a shame that development didnt last long

I think Alex and Maddie are toxic in their own way (I think they are very co-dependent) but I do feel he has been good for her. I think they are safe as long as her redemption lasts and I dont see a heel turn anytime soon given what it took to get her to this place.
    Last edited by Havok83; 02-12-2024 at 08:03 PM.

Ultimate Member

I didn't say that Jean or Xavier interfered with Alex or Lorna but rather compared what Carter had done to Alex and Annie to if Jean or Xavier had done that to some other two people. Carter had a mutant father, possibly Magneto to some. I do think that she still did hit Sunspot with her arrows.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I didn't say that Jean or Xavier interfered with Alex or Lorna but rather compared what Carter had done to Alex and Annie to if Jean or Xavier had done that to some other two people. Carter had a mutant father, possibly Magneto to some. I do think that she still did hit Sunspot with her arrows.
    Youre free to thin that but thats not what actually happened

You are definitely remembering things wrong as earlier in that same issue she saved Bobby when Locus threatened to teleport his upper half from his lower body. Dani shot Locus, not Bobby in order to protect him

Last edited by Havok83; 02-12-2024 at 10:17 PM.

Polaris had great moments in Fall of The X of House 2 and I enjoyed the outcome, they even managed to bring back the coffee making her both regal and laid-back. She looked stunning beautiful as well. She had this leader aura while also acting as a teamplayer. I'm also glad about her allowing people to escape via pods.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Lorna was the highlight in today's issue.

Duggan does a good job balancing Lorna's ruthlessness. Polaris is willing, and there to kill, but isn't absent of morality. It's a hard a needle to thread, and I think Gerry did a good job with it. A lot of references to Duggan's own work with Polaris. Such as the coffee making a return, and Lorna's "That's so Jean." comment (referencing X-Men year one when Jean changed what Lorna said at the gala).

Werneck does a killer job with Polaris. That panel where Lorna holds the face of an Orchis agent, asking where Stasis is? Amazing.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 02-14-2024 at 08:52 AM.

Fantastic showing for Polaris in today's issue. I loved all her scenes.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Fantastic showing for Polaris in today's issue. I loved all her scenes.
    Duggan did good by our girl!

I really adored the return to her regal presence. Krakoan X-Factor felt so out of character and childish for her. I really appreciated her time on X-Men, but she lacked a drive she's always had. And this finally injected that drive we'd been missing. Regal, determined, collected... this is why the X-Men needed Polaris, like Jean said they did.

The costume grew on me a little in action. Still prefer the Krakoan X-Men uniform, but for war, this was a nice set.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

I love how she is drawn here

Yeah, I've been peeping those nails for a while. I love that she put on nails and a red lip for this occasion. "C'mon Broo, let's go kill these terrorists. But pass me my lip liner, we've got some time between Jupiter and Earth."
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Obviously I loved it. I wish Lorna had more scenes, but I think any fan of any character always wishes they could have more. The scenes she did have were great.

spoilers:
    I like that she called herself the new master of magnetism, that she's embracing legacy on multiple levels. I honestly went into this hoping it would be more of a bloodbath, but I can understand not doing that as it's trying to go for broader appeal. And as per usual, when Lorna's used well, it opens my eyes to other things I didn't know about. In this case, Manifold.

That Lorna didn't know about Firestar being a double agent, but Nightcrawler did, raises some questions and has some implications. Why wasn't she told? How would things have gone down if she killed Firestar before anyone told her? What ELSE does she not know about?
    end of spoilers

Also

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

I love how she is drawn here
    Step on me mommy.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

The issue also showed her using her powers in interesting and creative ways:

1. Obviously controlling the orbit of a Celestial head in space
    2. She held the Bloom in place so that it wasnt able to move. Its also implied at least twice that if she wanted to, she could just destroy it, Im guessing by making it implode
    3. I liked the subtle use of her power to confirm that Wolverine was alive. Kurt was worried they'd lose him but Lorna was able to feel his adamantium in his bones and recover him
    4. When the Bloom was crashing to earth, Lorna aimed for it to crash in the Southern Ocean which if it in fact lands there, shows impressive precision control on her part to direct something hundreds of thousands of miles away
    5. She was able to fly in open space with 3 other X-men by encasing them all in a magnetic sphere. I dont know how that even works as they'd lose oxygen really fast but she did it somehow

I liked those moments too, Havok83 - particularly noting that she made a dead Celestial skull literally start to eat the Bloom station while simultaneously holding the station still. Remember when she was like 20, and committed one of the biggest feats any X-Character had done by absorbing the collective energy of Storm, Cyclops, and Havok so she could throw Krakoa into outer space?

Now she's literally flying to and from Jupiter just willy nilly, dragging Celestial skulls the size of moons across the solar system, controlling a country-sized space station at the same time, meanwhile commanding an army of savage Brood for the first successful attempt at destroying the Bloom station in a list of dozens made by others. This is my Polaris!

However, I MUST nitpick, and it's horrible to mar this successful moment with this tiny detail.

It annoys the **** out of me that she calls herself the "New Master of Magnetism".

#1, she's not suddenly number 1 because Magneto's dead.

#2, why do we have to erase that beautiful, powerful, controlling, feminine title of Mistress of Magnetism - which she has always been. Master is not higher than Mistress, imo. Polaris is uniquely female in a male dominated world, and I value her powerful femininity, and it just bothers me that it's as if it were #goals to become the Master of Magnetism. Screw that. Mistress of Magnetism is way better.

But I barely care right now, okay? Really. It's so far in the back of my mind. Something I'll go into detail about later.

Check out the weekly comic reviews sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The issue also showed her using her powers in interesting and creative ways:

1. Obviously controlling the orbit of a Celestial head in space
    2. She held the Bloom in place so that it wasnt able to move. Its also implied at least twice that if she wanted to, she could just destroy it, Im guessing by making it implode
    3. I liked the subtle use of her power to confirm that Wolverine was alive. Kurt was worried they'd lose him but Lorna was able to feel his adamantium in his bones and recover him
    4. When the Bloom was crashing to earth, Lorna aimed for it to crash in the Southern Ocean which if it in fact lands there, shows impressive precision control on her part to direct something hundreds of thousands of miles away
    5. She was able to fly in open space with 3 other X-men by encasing them all in a magnetic sphere. I dont know how that even works as they'd lose oxygen really fast but she did it somehow
    Agreed. She was doing so many things at once and made it look easy. Such a great moment for her.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!