Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    I’m glad they let Polaris wear her signature green and do her lip color too while enslaved.
    I hate green lipstick on Lorna. I can see it on characters like Viper, but it looks too weird on Lorna. I don't recall when that first started -- maybe later X-Factor --- or maybe Brubaker run of X-Men?
    Last edited by kcekada; Yesterday at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I hate green lipstick on Lorna. I can see it all characters like Viper, but it looks too weird on Lorna. I don't recall when that first started -- maybe later X-Factor --- or maybe Brubaker run of X-Men?
    lipstick you mean it's not a mutation? I thought Lorna just had green lips?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    lipstick you mean it's not a mutation? I thought Lorna just had green lips?
    She has light green lips. She use darker green lip color or red to cover it. Her light green eyes are gone in her old age of slavery. Does she stay up there forever no breaks? I hoped she would be omega by then as pure energy form but she stayed lower level. Val Cooper probably sold her out.

For the record, for future internet architects looking at this thread - Lorna does not have green lips.

I also hate the green lipstick choices, it makes no sense and is ugly.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Sl!m View Post
    lol. The levels of desperate cope in this post are legendary, even for you.

Predictably miserable as ever.
    Hi there, person with an account that's new but apparently has been around a while! Glad to see this is your very first post with this account.

As for your first comment, I'm just adding some critical thought into the mix of a board with people that like to overhype and exaggerate. Which isn't exactly a unique trait. Any time something new's out, the cheerleaders come out to act like it's the best thing ever made regardless of actual quality. Plenty of experience here in watching something that's ludicrously puffed up on release turn out to be mid or bad once the shine wears off and people get to take a real look at it.

Green lipstick is fine by me. Far from the most pressing thing for Lorna at this moment. Lip color doesn't matter when the house is on fire.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Astonishing Member

I wish Marvel would make Lorna's She Hulk look her second mutation.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I wish Marvel would make Lorna's She Hulk look her second mutation.
    Well, technically, it is. It's just dormant, like a recessive gene. Theoretically, she has 3 independent mutant genes. Electromagnetism inherited from her biological father. The empathy-bomb my headcanon determined she inherited from her mother. And the pathogen / substance manipulation abilities imbued in her by Apocalypse (that were wildly inconsistent but in the ultimate aftermath, was deemed a mutant gene by proxy). She experienced the "passive" abilities related to the third one for a long time afterward - in fact it hasn't been established if she still does or does not experience those.

Edit:

Aww! This was my 500th post! And just like a year ago, I only had 80 in all these years.
    Last edited by GoingGreen; Yesterday at 04:41 PM.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men