Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Polaris will most likely appear in X-Men 97 as a X-Factor cameo or in episode 5 when some of the X-Men go to Genosha. It would be a very easy thing to say “after learning her father is Magneto, she joined him on Genosha”. While people remember her time with Havok and X-Factor, I think she’s more known as “Magneto’s daughter”.

Quote Originally Posted by UncannyLZ View Post
    Polaris will most likely appear in X-Men 97 as a X-Factor cameo or in episode 5 when some of the X-Men go to Genosha. It would be a very easy thing to say “after learning her father is Magneto, she joined him on Genosha”. While people remember her time with Havok and X-Factor, I think she’s more known as “Magneto’s daughter”.
    But that's not writing it as a period piece, that's fast forwarding to the modern status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    But that's not writing it as a period piece, that's fast forwarding to the modern status quo.
    The show isn’t a period piece. Yes, it’s called 97 but that’s because it’s a follow up series to the original which ended in 1997. Some of the plot points are from the 80s and they showed a newspaper that highlighted the hellfire gala on the front page in the trailer. (It’s also called X-Men 97 instead of just X-Men season 6 because Disney gets to draft and renegotiate all new contracts for everyone involved as it’s technically a “new” production)

Because they are telling a story and using the comics to guide the story and not doing a 1:1 adaption or period piece, my guess is Polaris is either still on X-Factor like she previously was or is on Genosha as “Magneto’s daughter”. With Wanda and Pietro still being mutants in this story, I could see a “house of M” Easter egg shot of all of them together being thrown in.

The show isn’t a period piece. Yes, it’s called 97 but that’s because it’s a follow up series to the original which ended in 1997. Some of the plot points are from the 80s and they showed a newspaper that highlighted the hellfire gala on the front page in the trailer. (It’s also called X-Men 97 instead of just X-Men season 6 because Disney gets to draft and renegotiate all new contracts for everyone involved as it’s technically a “new” production)
    To be fair to that, the Hellfire Gala has been around since the 80. Claremont introduced it in an issue of Classic X-men and we've seen the New Mutants attend at least one. The Hellions were slaughtered at another. Considering Krakoa as we know it in the modern sense doesnt exist in TAS, the Hellfire Gala will just be that annual party that the HFC threw in the 80s that was unconnected with the X-men

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    To be fair to that, the Hellfire Gala has been around since the 80. Claremont introduced it in an issue of Classic X-men and we've seen the New Mutants attend at least one. The Hellions were slaughtered at another. Considering Krakoa as we know it in the modern sense doesnt exist in TAS, the Hellfire Gala will just be that annual party that the HFC threw in the 80s that was unconnected with the X-men
    Yeah this.... Stuff like the House of M or whatever they're gonna do with Maddie.... wait... they teased that Abscissa is in this season.... HOW?!?!!?!? Anyways, the old show is set so far back in the past of the comics they still have DECADES of plots to adapt to film.

The bottom line is official works are gonna suck this year once The Old Beginning gets underway, so we'll be getting our good news from fandom and fan work until The Old Beginning is done crashing and burning.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Because the show is not going to dive into the depths of the franchise (as evident in the original TAS episode dealing with X-Factor when no one knew Havok, Wolfsbane, Multiple Man, or Quicksilver, all of whom had long histories with the core X-Men in comics), I can easily see them update X-Factor in the show as if they're the Genoshan X-Men, replacing the Acolytes. At least, as the front-facing idea. I could see them doing a myriad of things. But quite frankly, I don't think Polaris / X-Factor were considered much at all by the show runner. So I'm just going to try to keep an open mind and keep my hopes extremely low. I want to enjoy the show without feeling bitter if Polaris doesn't show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    Thank you so much for the exhaustive reply, GoingGreen!
    Anytime, beautiful!
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    The bottom line is official works are gonna suck this year once The Old Beginning gets underway, so we'll be getting our good news from fandom and fan work until The Old Beginning is done crashing and burning.
    The Old Beginning is going to suck yes. TAS97 can do whatever it wants to do, but it’s clear comic Lorna’s story is going to be screwed until they stop the synergy. No desire to see 90s Lorna in the comics again. Fall of X is probably the last x-comics I am going to end up buying for quite awhile.

Anyway they are going for X-Factor and X-Force as ‘orbiting teams’ as they did in the 90s TAS so a blink and you will miss them role. I would be happier with no role for Lorna then that given appearing for a millisecond a season is all but certain to screw her comic story for several years.

‘X-Men ’97’ To Eventually Include More Teams Like X-Force And X-Factor

That Marvel exec Brad Winderbaum, the same dude who spilled the beans on Nova earlier, spoke with our friends at BlackGirlNerds.com and revealed that more mutant teams are coming to X-Men ’97, including X-Factor and X-Force!

“I’m just going to tell you the truth, and that is yes. When you go into the ’90s comics, so much of it is about not just X-Men. Not just Uncanny, but like X-Factor, [and] X-Force, they’ll all sort of orbiting the same stories. It is challenging to separate one from the other, and certainly, the show is leaning in.”

https://punchdrunkcritics.com/2024/0...-factor/?amp=1
    Last edited by jmc247; 03-18-2024 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    IMG_3003.jpg

Even if there’s no Krakoa and the hellfire gala is just an annual party the hellfire club throws, characters like Loa and Nature Girl are used and they definitely weren’t around in the 80s or 90s. I think when it comes to cameos, the creators could do what they’d like so Polaris could appear anywhere (most likely doing something related to Magneto)

And Maggot and Stacy X. The animated series was always a unique hodgepodge of different eras anyways. A lot of 80s storylines adapted with the 90s team. That’s sort of what made it cool, getting to see what the Dark Phoenix saga would’ve been like with Rogue and Gambit present. It wouldn’t feel so out of place to incorporate elements of the 2000s.
    Last edited by Dipter; 03-18-2024 at 10:12 PM.

IMG_3003.jpg

Even if there’s no Krakoa and the hellfire gala is just an annual party the hellfire club throws, characters like Loa and Nature Girl are used and they definitely weren’t around in the 80s or 90s. I think when it comes to cameos, the creators could do what they’d like so Polaris could appear anywhere (most likely doing something related to Magneto)
    Yeah, Mutant fashion show... has a lot of possible inspirations from the comics actually... just go back and re-read X-Statix if you wanna see an example.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm so excited that Lorna has such a presence in Fall of X. It's nice to see Polaris have a decent sized role to play in such a large event like this. Duggan's writing isn't at the level he's done before, and you can feel how rushed it seems, but Gerry's Lorna really is a highlight IMO. Glad Duggan got some more time with Lorna.

I could care less where Lorna lands in the new era, so long as she has a home somewhere. Even if that ends up being X-Factor. It seems like a lot of the new stuff is going backwards, so I'm not really expecting a whole lot.

Havok is featured in promo art for X-Men 97 but no Polaris, so that's discouraging. But if he's going to appear, hopefully she can't be far behind.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudi...olossus_havok/

Just sounds to me like more evidence pointing toward X-Men 97 being a very backwards, regressive project that isn't gonna do Lorna any good.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

By JS Longstreet
    Last edited by jmc247; 03-20-2024 at 05:30 PM.