Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by UncannyLZ View Post
    Yes, Lorna’s powers can be seen as mostly “telekinetic” since she can move metal (they conduct their own magnetic fields which she manipulates) or can wra
    p something in a magnetic field with her green magnetic energy and move that. The difference between telekinesis and magnetism which I think you’re missing is the scale of both power sets. TK can get much more granular easier (example: twisting the cap off a bottle) and magnetic powers can create much larger force fields and carry larger (usually metal) objects. They’ve even recently showed this example during Planet Size X-Men when Jean Grey used her TK to launch the SWORD station into space as it was growing in size and saying it would be too big for her to carry as Magneto caught it at full size very easily. Polaris and Jean even had moments together on the Krakoa X-Men team showing the difference in their powers when they rescued Gameworld. Jean could TK each cordycep spore while Polaris could create a force field large enough to hold it. Jean has never lifted anything the size of a Celestial head while also holding a space station in place like Polaris in the Fall of the House of X #2 preview. So in Salarta’s example, if Synch moved a mountain range filled with metal ore or caused a global EMP burst, he’d have to have synched with someone with magnetic powers and only 2 characters have them on that scale.
    I may be wrong here, but this is not a good example. Jean held the station while on Earth, being strongly affected by gravity and making it heavier while she was launching it. Magneto caught it when it wouldn't be as heavy as it was before.

Anyway, I'm happy Lorna is getting some attention and power display, it was way overdue. When people complained Jean was being mishandled sometimes during this era I did agree, but Lorna has had it way worse. She deserves to be in the spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Thanks JB
    The Dogs of War unleashed.

It's been a long time coming. Fall of the House of X #1 managed to be the #2 comic last month. The last time Lorna has been the #1 comic book was when Duggan's X-Men came out in July 2021. I will do my part to see that this issue hits #1.

Y'all...

Let's celebrate this incredible moment for the Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men.

We'll be referencing this into retirement.

I need a shirt that says on the front "To me, my fillings!" and on the back, says, "To me, my BROOD!"
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Psych1c View Post
    I may be wrong here, but this is not a good example. Jean held the station while on Earth, being strongly affected by gravity and making it heavier while she was launching it. Magneto caught it when it wouldn't be as heavy as it was before.

Anyway, I'm happy Lorna is getting some attention and power display, it was way overdue. When people complained Jean was being mishandled sometimes during this era I did agree, but Lorna has had it way worse. She deserves to be in the spotlight.
    Jean held the station while it was relatively small after being birthed. Magneto caught it and placed it in orbit at full size

IMG_2770.jpg
    IMG_2769.jpg

I believe what you’re thinking of is since Magneto was in space without gravity, the station was weightless. You’re right but forgetting in physics mass is important in this scenario. In order to move (or catch) an object in space, the same or more force equal to the mass of the object being moved would have to be applied. So magneto was applying the same mount of magnetic force to move the station equivalent to its mass.

Now, Polaris is doing something similar with the celestial head and orchis station which is really cool to see her do! Can’t wait for the issue next week!

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The Dogs of War unleashed.

It's been a long time coming. Fall of the House of X #1 managed to be the #2 comic last month. The last time Lorna has been the #1 comic book was when Duggan's X-Men came out in July 2021. I will do my part to see that this issue hits #1.
    That. Is an EPIC entrance.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I swear the preview of Lorna in FOX has generated more discussion around her since it was announced she'd be leading the X-men in Xmen Blue. Duggan got people fired up about her! I love it bc at least she's eliciting a reaction and she's doin somthing thats uniquely Lorna that wouldnt quite land with any other X-man

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I swear the preview of Lorna in FOX has generated more discussion around her since it was announced she'd be leading the X-men in Xmen Blue. Duggan got people fired up about her! I love it bc at least she's eliciting a reaction and she's doin somthing thats uniquely Lorna that wouldnt quite land with any other X-man
    I could see Scott planning something like this during his Utopia/Revolutionary days, and then blowing up the winner.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I could see Scott planning something like this during his Utopia/Revolutionary days, and then blowing up the winner.
    Yeah but that doesnt fit where he is at now. This is definitely stuff he did do when he sanctioned X-Force

I know, I was thinking the same thing, Havok83! Quite the controversial moment, and we've only seen the PREVIEW so far.

I'm going to say it again: I really hope this isn't a suicide mission.

But I'm loving the attention this moment is giving her.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I swear the preview of Lorna in FOX has generated more discussion around her since it was announced she'd be leading the X-men in Xmen Blue. Duggan got people fired up about her!
    It really has yes. Hopefully that filters down to sales. You bring up my biggest issue with Bunn's Lorna. It was safe. Very safe. I had no strong emotions over her character. Neither did readers online. Safe doesn't work for characters who didn't make it when the X-Men were hottest.

People did have strong emotions about Bunn's Magneto and frankly I did buy his ongoing and Magneto's character worked to generate enthusiasm. Lorna? No. Not at all.

Duggan understood the assignment with her. A depiction of Lorna that can't generate passionate debates isn't doing its basic job with her.

Last edited by jmc247; 02-12-2024 at 03:16 AM.

I posted the below over in the X-Men Monday thread. I'm not quote posting because of the AIPT quote within it.

This part stuck out. Omitting the responses of other people in between the question and the relevant response.

AIPT: Well, on that note, it’s time for the final and most X-rated question in X-Men Monday history! Which X-Couple has the best sex life?

Jordan D. White: Tragically, Havok and Polaris — that is why they kept coming back even though it wasn’t a good idea for them. And they will never find that again, even though they know they can never get back together.
    Basically more proof that, throughout his time as X-Men editor, he saw Lorna through the lens of Havok and let that cloud his judgment on her actual interest and potential in her own right. I'm not saying that only because they're his pick for this question out of all possible X-Men, but because of the name order too. And then, of course, there's how he's presenting his personal desires here as if they're fact.

Seeing this makes me even more glad that he's on the way out as X-Men editor. Maybe she'll have a real chance for good things going forward.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Incredible Member

Do people here hate Polaris and Havok as a couple? I feel like people should really stop hating on Polaris/Havok, or blaming him, especially since it's only a matter of time before Alex and Lorna are a couple again, everyone knows it's a matter of time before they hook up. together again, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Do people here hate Polaris and Havok as a couple? I feel like people should really stop hating on Polaris/Havok, or blaming him, especially since it's only a matter of time before Alex and Lorna are a couple again, everyone knows it's a matter of time before they hook up. together again, right?
    yes they are generally unliked here. And no you cant come in here and tell people how to feel about that. People shouldnt hate them bc they may get back together again? How does that even make sense? Putting them back together would be more reason for haters to dislike them. For the most part, people dont think about them until someone or something makes them the point of discussion

In terms of Jordan White I did know he was a Havolaris shipper based on retweets he made early on in the Krakoa era. But, I will give him kudos here that he didn’t use his power to force them together as I believe at least two other editors in the past did.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

That preview is so good you guys. Love everything about Lorna's demeanor and power displayed there.

Thankful for Duggan for putting Lorna in a situation that gets people talking, and is hopefully a highlight in Polaris' history.