Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    1) I deleted my Twitter account when Musk decided to exploit old tweets for AI garbage. I’m not going back to the dumpster fire.
    2) I’ve been told (but can’t directly confirm; X prevents people without accounts from browsing properly) that people have messaged Beau about Lorna and the genocide and he’s ignored them. But he did respond to a Havolaris fan who thought they saw Havolaris in a scene. So if all that’s true, Beau wouldn’t respond anyway.
    That makes sense. X is pretty horrible these days.

Ooh, okay. If he's ignoring fans about that, it's probably because he knew it wasn't going to happen and he had no explanation. I didn't realize he was a Havolaris shipper either but that explains Lorna's only appearance in the show's opening theme so far. If he was such a fan though, one would think he'd at least bring back Lorna and Alex for just about anything, but he hasn't brought back Bobby either so far. I thought with Forge around that we would get some of these characters back onscreen.

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    I know you are absolutely wrong.

And digest a little before you respond to me, because, and I'll repeat myself, I said accurate characterizations. The show cannot depict every story accurately. It would be an impossible feat, and you'd lose the audience in a heartbeat.

You don't know anything that I "want" to see on the show, get outta here.
    It takes five seconds, maybe less, to show Lorna is a survivor. Doesn’t even require dialogue. They refused to even do that.

That’s not impossible. That’s a choice. So I stand by all I said already.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I actually dont think that costume is bad. It looked better when they covered up her butt. Not a fan of the bright yellow though
    I liked Terry Shoemaker's rendition better. It's a shame this artists didn't catch on, I loved his style.

It takes five seconds, maybe less, to show Lorna is a survivor. Doesn’t even require dialogue. They refused to even do that.

That’s not impossible. That’s a choice. So I stand by all I said already.
    And you don't know... what you don't know... which is a lot. You're some random person. You're not in the office with them, going over the painstaking details of creative decisions that took place. You have no idea how many iterations of scripts and artwork and character studies that happened. You have no idea what they have planned ahead. We've already gotten to see characters I'd never expect to see on screen. It might be different than what you or I or anyone want/s, but that doesn't mean it is or will be bad.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    And you don't know... what you don't know... which is a lot. You're some random person. You're not in the office with them, going over the painstaking details of creative decisions that took place. You have no idea how many iterations of scripts and artwork and character studies that happened. You have no idea what they have planned ahead. We've already gotten to see characters I'd never expect to see on screen. It might be different than what you or I or anyone want/s, but that doesn't mean it is or will be bad.
    I don't know what I don't know, but the opposite is also true. I know what I know.

One thing you don't seem to understand: I'm not new to this. Contrary to your statement, I am not some random person. You're not a random person either. We have knowledge, experience, and skills that inform our actions in the world.

I don't ignore mine. I recognize, respect, and use it. This is not my first rodeo. It's not going to be my last.

I don't need to know any of the things you mentioned. I don't need to sit in their laps as they write and draw to know the amount of work it takes and where they went wrong. You bring those things up as an attempt at playing on empathy toward them at the same time they extended no empathy toward the entire grouping of fans who resonate very deeply with Lorna, especially this aspect of her. The empathy you're trying to elicit from me toward them is a two-way exchange and I'm giving what I'm getting. Actually, if I'm being honest, I'm already giving them more than they've given. I stated a way they could get me to come around in spite of having been given no real reason to believe they ever will. Which is the same thing I did for Jordan White for 5 years, which turned out to be a mistake on my part. By past experience, I should be much harsher and more critical than I am right now.

And speaking on that for a moment? The only time I've been wrong about something I was insistent of being a BAD thing in all of the past decade and a half was rushing to judge Peter David as being incapable of writing Lorna, that he'd be too tempted as a veteran writer to revert Lorna back to how she was when he wrote her in the 90s. And honestly? Lately, there are times where I question if I actually was wrong. Lorna's experience of the Genoshan genocide not being respected in X-Men 97 is at least partly because Peter David didn't acknowledge it when writing her in 2010s X-Factor and in All-New X-Factor. Every other time I've said something bad is going down, and was insistent on the point - not one-offs, not idle musings, not "I wouldn't be surprised if," but I was digging in my heels certain - I've been right about it. Hell, I told people about the risk of Lorna on Gifted getting treated poorly in future seasons if they were willing to be so shoddy in handling Dreamer's death, and season 2 proved me right on that too.

What I've said regarding this cartoon isn't a one-off, an idle musing, or an "I wouldn't be surprised if." I can speak with such unwavering certainty because unlike some people, I do not ignore the evidence and patterns within it. I apply what I've learned and follow where it leads me. This is where it leads me with X-Men 97.

Something being different doesn't always mean it's bad, but it does here. This one's both different and bad.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Wow it just hit me that even Quicksilver got caemo'd in the episode, so they managed to squeeze in half of X-Factor but Lorna wasnt included shown or referenced at al

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Wow it just hit me that even Quicksilver got caemo'd in the episode, so they managed to squeeze in half of X-Factor but Lorna wasnt included shown or referenced at al
    I wish Morph shift into Lorna as he gets knocked back/out moaning in her voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    I wish Morph shift into Lorna as he gets knocked back/out moaning in her voice.
    The only good Lorna scene possible in X-Men 97 without Genosha is one where Havok appears to be making out with Lorna but it turns out it's Morph and he reverts back to his normal self in the middle of it.

The only good Lorna scene possible in X-Men 97 without Genosha is one where Havok appears to be making out with Lorna but it turns out it's Morph and he reverts back to his normal self in the middle of it.
    I will laugh so hard if that happened! Or if Havok was fighting and gets blasted and Morph as Lorna scream "HAVOK!!!" running over to his unconscious body as his mistress.

Oh Beau worked on The Originals? I absolutely inhaled that show for the first time just last month. Maybe I’ll chec out C-Men ‘97 after all.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I liked Terry Shoemaker's rendition better. It's a shame this artists didn't catch on, I loved his style.

LOL! Guido! I love what Lorna said as she was walking away.

I liked Terry Shoemaker too. He did some fill-ins in 'Excalibur' after Davis' solo run. He also penciled one of my favorite mini's, the 'Spellbound' mini.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post

I like that look but its really a different costume, not a rendition of the red look

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Beau is pretty active on Twitter and responds to fan questions and requests about what's being done with their fav characters. You should try commenting there and asking him about Lorna and why she wasn't utilized. He might respond or hint if something is being planned with her for the future. He's already given lots of hints and explanations to fans of Storm, Jean, Wolverine, etc.
    A couple people including myself asked on Twitter. No answer.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    A couple people including myself asked on Twitter. No answer.
    That's not a good sign then. I wonder what his particular issue with Lorna is.

Interviewer: You’ve drawn so many Marvel characters at this point… Do you have a white whale you haven’t tackled yet?

Russell Dauterman: I’ve been really lucky and grateful to draw my favorites already! I do have a wishlist for my costumes cover series though — I’d love for that to be an ongoing thing that I can keep coming back to over time. Cyclops, Polaris, Magneto, Loki — they’re at the top of my list for costumes variants. Today as I’m saying this, one of those actually got approved by Marvel!

Link

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    That's not a good sign then. I wonder what his particular issue with Lorna is.
    I expect he is a bit sheepish on the subject as he gave a lite truncated version of Lorna’s world redefining storyline to Rogue. If at the end of the season Gambit and other characters are resurrected as Horseman, but Lorna is still completely cut off from the island meaning she was never there I am done with the series.

I am an old TAS fan. Watched it religiously when it came out, but no version of Lorna can exist that I will be able to identify with. Just a 90s throwback bouncing back and forth against boyfriend, ex, or dad. I don’t care if Lorna loves or hates Havok nor Magneto nor do I give a flying fig about cheap assed control plots which is the dog s**t of pathos.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-26-2024 at 07:11 AM.