Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Staying on topic and not at the same time. I re-read Grand Design and I have a couple of questions on Lorna.
    1) in GD, Lorna ends up on Muir Island (saved from a sinking boat). She should be still Malice'd, but Banshee assures that Lorna is clean but she's been "changed". And Lorna is drawn as a very tall, almost She-Hulk like tall girl. How things went in canon 616? What were the changes? And has it been explained how did she got free from Malice's influence and all happened off-panel?
    2) Before that. Lorna and Alex are living together when Erik the Red(? I don't remember who was the guy ATM) pops ups and, as his agent, Lorna get her purple costume. I recently read that story and I though Lorna was the only one take by Erik the Red for his purposes? Was Alex taken as well?
    GD shows that, after the fight between Alex+Lorna Vs X-Men, Erik the Red flees with Alex+Lorna. How they get free from that?
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I too wish to say trollish things that conveniently support the company’s current plans on threads I don’t normally post in.
    I haven't posted in 4 years since I wasn't banned from discord
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2009
    --- the best there is at what I do ---

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post

Polaris? Raising Wasp's AU daughter? Wasp, who Havok started a thing with her months after the end of several decades of mostly "on" with Polaris... and had a daughter with... and raised for years in an AU... I just...

...I mean, I guess if Ben Affleck can marry JLo after everything...

As fun as the battle was on TAS, Polaris didn't participate and was only called her human name. Not my least favorite moment, but not my favorite.

I value their history, and I value that it is history.
    Yes! I want Katie back and I want humans hanging with the mutants. I despise forgotten plot threads. I do not want Wasp in X-Men.
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2009
    --- the best there is at what I do ---

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    Staying on topic and not at the same time. I re-read Grand Design and I have a couple of questions on Lorna.
    1) in GD, Lorna ends up on Muir Island (saved from a sinking boat). She should be still Malice'd, but Banshee assures that Lorna is clean but she's been "changed". And Lorna is drawn as a very tall, almost She-Hulk like tall girl. How things went in canon 616? What were the changes? And has it been explained how did she got free from Malice's influence and all happened off-panel?
    2) Before that. Lorna and Alex are living together when Erik the Red(? I don't remember who was the guy ATM) pops ups and, as his agent, Lorna get her purple costume. I recently read that story and I though Lorna was the only one take by Erik the Red for his purposes? Was Alex taken as well?
    GD shows that, after the fight between Alex+Lorna Vs X-Men, Erik the Red flees with Alex+Lorna. How they get free from that?
    1: While possessed by Malice, Polaris was regaining control over her body slowly and over a long period of time - years IIRC. In one of her longest lucid moments in years, she ended up abducted by Savage Land folks, who brought her to Zaladane. Long story short, Zaladane "stole" Polaris' electromagnetic abilities. Because Malice was stuck in Polaris' body due to her electromagnetic abilities, the process of Zaladane stealing these powers also purged Malice from her body. Polaris immediately experienced her secondary mutation, a specialized empathy that caused her to absorb heightened emotions around her to increase her size, strength, and durability to invulnerability - while also allowed her to cause chaotic empathy fields at the same time. This didn't last too long. While on Muir Island, she was again possessed, this time by the Shadow King, who used her abilities as a nexus between this dimension and the astral plane in an attempt to come into this dimension (or something). Psylocke used a lethal psy-blade on her, which cut ties to the Shadow King, and somehow return Polaris to her normal conscious body with her normal electromagnetic abilities.

2: Erik mind controlled Polaris first, used Polaris to attack Havok, and then mind controlled Havok as well. So they were both under his servitude. The X-Men eventually defeated Erik the Red, and while Polaris and Havok are not shown at the time... the next time they appear, they're no longer under mind-control. So, essentially, Erik's departure restored Polaris and Havok. At least, that's what we're expected to infer.
    Last edited by GoingGreen; 03-16-2024 at 04:18 PM.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    I haven't posted in 4 years since I wasn't banned from discord
    If I was coveredinbees I would simply post within 4 years regardless.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    2 things I noticed in the latest trailer...

I wonder if there's a time skip at some point in the season.
    An aurora borealis behind Magneto not that it necessarily has any Lorna connection there. Also, Marvel has provided their multi part episode guide and reading guide for the series. It’s much more 80s heavy then 90s not that the 90s isn’t there, that isn’t a suprise as the series seems to be more 80s nostagia in a 90s packaging starting with headmaster Mags.

Ultimate Member

As much as I want Alex and Lorna together I hope that his kid with Wasp stays gone forever.

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    Yes! I want Katie back and I want humans hanging with the mutants. I despise forgotten plot threads. I do not want Wasp in X-Men.
    #justiceforkatiesummers
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Fantastic Member

You know, it's very odd to me that Zaladane never came back in over 30 years. I get that she's not the greatest enemy, but not only does have a connection to Lorna, but also because she played a significant role in turning Magneto back towards to road to villainy in the landmark #275 .

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    You know, it's very odd to me that Zaladane never came back in over 30 years. I get that she's not the greatest enemy, but not only does have a connection to Lorna, but also because she played a significant role in turning Magneto back towards to road to villainy in the landmark #275 .
    She wasn’t created on the x-line that makes her a Heroes titles character.

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    As fun as the battle was on TAS, Polaris didn't participate and was only called her human name. Not my least favorite moment, but not my favorite.
    True. I was mostly going for how interesting the episode made X-Factor feel, and not specifically the way Lorna acted in it, since, as mentioned, she's only in the end of the ep.

EDIT: point is, I think that'd be a good place to have her in the series continuation.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 03-17-2024 at 05:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    same. Plus she was in TAS and a was a villian in the Genesis game.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post

EDIT: point is, I think that'd be a good place to have her in the series continuation.
    There is a route for Lorna in the animated series, but it relies on other things coming together.

TAS 97 season 1 was planned and pitched to Marvel before Wanda’s explosion of popularity due to the TV show. That explosion in popularity of Wanda also led to an explosion in popularity to House of M as the show signaled to fans to read the series and they did in massive numbers during COVID lock downs.

Wanda and Pietro are already established as Magneto’s children on the show. Lorna is not. They will have to do that first. Then return Xavier to the X-Men and break Magneto away from them. It might take until season 3 or 4, but they could go for a HoM type story in time.

TAS actually underplayed the Magneto family stuff compared to later series as it was really Genosha and later House of M that popularized them as an idea of a family. That bled over to animation.
    Last edited by jmc247; 03-17-2024 at 08:43 AM.

Thank you so much for the exhaustive reply, GoingGreen!
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    There is a route for Lorna in the animated series, but it relies on other things coming together.

TAS 97 season 1 was planned and pitched to Marvel before Wanda’s explosion of popularity due to the TV show. That explosion in popularity of Wanda also led to an explosion in popularity to House of M as the show signaled to fans to read the series and they did in massive numbers during COVID lock downs.

Wanda and Pietro are already established as Magneto’s children on the show. Lorna is not. They will have to do that first. Then return Xavier to the X-Men and break Magneto away from them. It might take until season 3 or 4, but they could go for a HoM type story in time.

TAS actually underplayed the Magneto family stuff compared to later series as it was really Genosha and later House of M that popularized them as an idea of a family. That bled over to animation.
    Hmm.. if they're gonna go full period piece... and I don't think they are, they could just.... not. Lorna's parentage retcon... is something that could get left out entirely. i mean.... especially if they lean into the idea Lorna's powers aren't identical.