Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Skimming the issue again, I just noticed the crushed coffee cup next to Lorna’s abandoned minidress, which is a funny gag. The coffees were pretty much an accessory to her outfit.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I like the hair with and without the helmet...that's all.

With the exception of her recent X-Men look...Lorna's costumes have all been overdesigned. I guess there's the consistency here.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Did some quick and dirty design composite playing with the Dauterman and Werneck costumes...TO WAR!
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Did some quick and dirty design composite playing with the Dauterman and Werneck costumes...TO WAR!
    WOW this is my favorite look!!!! Great job with the cape and helm - imagine it all metallic elements to shape at will.

Astonishing Member

Lorna looks good in purple, but I prefer her in green. As much as I loved Cockrum's purple Shi'ar design, I preferred when it was colored (miscolored) evergreen in X-Men 104 and 105 -- then carried over into her brief appearances in Defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Lorna looks good in purple, but I prefer her in green. As much as I loved Cockrum's purple Shi'ar design, I preferred when it was colored (miscolored) evergreen in X-Men 104 and 105 -- then carried over into her brief appearances in Defenders.
    I don't think I've ever seen the original discolored pages...and also "HAVOC", indeed!
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Lorna in Krakoa Age

I'm back from a conference, and have to catch up. But the more I see the on-panel look, the more I dislike it. I am just not a fan at all of monochrome green, only broken up by unnecessary assortments of lines.

That said, I really appreciate the story going on here, what she's representing, how she's being portrayed.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Those are stunning, Thirteen. Sleek metallics. Love seeing her in purple and green. Much better than the boring hodge-podge Werneck gave us.
    If I may suggest...add a purple metallic detail along the top of the cape to tie it together with the rest of the design and give her long gloves in the same purple metallic with the ribbing.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 01-06-2024 at 09:05 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Okay, read the issue and caught up -

I really wish they would've shown her RESISTing on panel, and her departure. Missed opportunity to show solidarity.

I mirror Salarta in appreciating the symbology of the tossed Krakoan uniform (as much as I loved it) and coffee cup before we next see her ready for war. While I don't like this new costume itself (although the art is beautiful), I do love what it represents.

I know a lot of people are confused and focused on how she got to Jupiter, but I think there are so many methods she could've used, it's not an important piece. The WHY is way more valuable than the HOW, imo.

I am so hopeful for how this event will land on her resumé. Bring on the new generation of Polaris-stans!

One final totally serious question: Does this make Polaris the first non-infected Brood Queen?
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Queen will suffice. Just Queen. Period. (Queen.)

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Those costume treatments look great Thirteen.

I would love to see the Dauterman costume with a more classic tiara and in lieu of a cape bring back her billowing energy hair from Dark Seduction.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Lorna in Krakoa Age

The Krakoa Era over all has been pretty kind to Lorna. From appearing in HoX, to having a role in X of Swords, starring in the X-Men, and having (what looks to be) a strong presence in the end of Krakoa.

I hope all this momentum isn't lost in the coming era.

I wanted to hold off on saying this until I had a chance to read it more than once, but now that I have it has also been pointed out by Dante Milton in the spoilers thread.

Bringing an army of Brood to Earth is a potentially stupid move. If Lorna and Broo lose control of those things they could cause an even bigger problem than they solve. Even if she does keep the Brood under her command it's still bad public relations. The humans will accuse the mutants of trying to wipe humans out with an alien species. Sorry if this has been pointed out already and I missed the post after reading this thread several times.

Still, it was one hell of a cool scene.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

It’s a very rule of cool scene that I think we’re not meant to think about too much. Unfortunately it’s in my nature to overthink these things. I think my bigger problem with the idea isn’t that it’s poorly thought out on Lorna’s part, but that it feels like a less successful version of what Magik did with the SWORD station in XoS.