Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

In terms of the space station vs Earth targeting issue. I am going to be frank I don't think she needs an alien army to blow up a space station. That might be what she is using them for or not. The Brood uncontrolled are an indiscriminate weapon, but right now they are being controlled and that means they aren't a threat to humanity even if they are dropped on an enemy HQ on Earth.

Last edited by jmc247; 01-09-2024 at 09:00 AM.

Ultimate Member

Though the Brood don't discriminate between humans and mutants so bringing the Brood to Earth would threaten both, not sure that would be a wise idea and could backfire on her.

Broo controls the Brood right now. That was my whole point in controlled vs uncontrolled comment. They are closer to an alien army led by a general then an uncontrolled bioweapon as long as that is the case. Either way the better betting money is not on them coming to Earth.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-08-2024 at 10:15 PM.

Ultimate Member

Given how things have gone so far Broo could lose control of them, if only to mess with Lorna and throw a big wrench into the battle.

Havok could show up and forcibly kiss Lorna on the mouth to throw a wrench in the battle.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Ultimate Member

I doubt that Alex will have much if any part in the upcoming big storyline and probably have nothing to do with Lornas part.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I didn't forget, I just didn't mention it. Just like I didn't mention Trial of Magneto, or Captain Marvel. I tried to focus on what I personally thought were positive/enjoyable for Lorna.

As for X of Swords, I personally loved XoS: Creation. Polaris' inclusion was a delightful surprise, and I enjoyed Lorna's presence throughout. It's one of my favorite comics period, and one of my favorite moments for Lorna.

I meant to respond to this before...

I agree. I didn't love her characterization in the X-Factor issue with her mourning Rockslide, but I loved the role she was chosen to fill, with the prophesy and in creating the tournament key using Rockslide's remains. I also REALLY appreciated the nod to the Polaris / Pestilence connection with the two chosen to reveal the prophesies to their respective nations.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Lorna is arguably one of the X-men's most powerful member so Im looking forward to her finally being allowed to flex her muscles in a major crossover event

Hickman's Polaris was above average. Not radically above average, but above Bunn and the average for Lorna of the past decade. If there are two things his run with Lorna should be remembered for it was resurrecting her humanity skepticism other writers tried to drop and creating the idea of a 616 House of M.

Duggan's was in a separate weight class. Right now, its the first time the character has had an independent agenda since 2004 and the first time she mattered in an x-books crossover as an independent actor ever really. The character having her own agenda and not being entirely written to service other characters stories is really key to her success or failure.

Hickman didn't use Lorna much but she was well written
    He showed her skepticism in HoX and X-Men when it was relevant and Lorna had a great role in XoS Creation
    Last edited by rhaenylis; 01-10-2024 at 08:06 AM.

Lol. While it's nice to see her included... wtf was that blurb? Barely anything about the implications of her actions...
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Implications of what actions? Apart from donning a new costume and mobilising Broo and his Brood she hasn't done anything.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The blurb seems roughly the same as the other blurbs. Hopefully Lorna gets something meatier for an article with the next issue, as I assume that’s when she’s really gonna be doing a lot.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)