Page 30 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Bless you and I hope to hear from you more!
    Thank you! I'm a regular follower/ reader (and tend to agree with you! so thank you for everything you write). I'll start being more "vocal" here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro_b View Post
    Thank you! I'm a regular follower/ reader (and tend to agree with you! so thank you for everything you write). I'll start being more "vocal" here.
    That's awesome, thank you! At the end of the day we all love Betsy and want the best for her, so fingers and toes crossed that there's a plan for her in the new era. In the meantime we have Unlimited in a few days!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    That's awesome, thank you! At the end of the day we all love Betsy and want the best for her, so fingers and toes crossed that there's a plan for her in the new era. In the meantime we have Unlimited in a few days!
    I'm just hoping we have good news for her... besides being well handled in Unlimited. Hoping for Gail to spill some beans as well.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I must admit I'm disappointed with the lack of Betsy in the latest round of info we got on the new X-books. But there's a ton of titles yet to be revealed plus characters to be added to the already-annouced books so I'm holding out hope.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I don't think any comics relationship like theirs ever ends, by the above logic the Phoenix storylines should have ended Scott and Jean then.
    Well, I also think the Dark Phoenix Saga should have been the end of Scott and Jean, to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I must admit I'm disappointed with the lack of Betsy in the latest round of info we got on the new X-books. But there's a ton of titles yet to be revealed plus characters to be added to the already-annouced books so I'm holding out hope.
    Don’t forget: they said that the artwork doesn’t show the full lineup.

Have you noticed that the Uncanny lineup is the only one without a telepath? Adjectiveless has Kid Omega and Psylocke. Exceptional has Emma.

Most likely Uncanny will get Monet… but the fact that that lineup also has 3 other Krakoan Excalibur members in Rogue, Jubilee and Gambit make me wonder if there’ll be a fourth… Betsy? After all, Monet isn’t a hardcore telepath.

Food for thought…

Quote Originally Posted by Kwannon View Post
    Don’t forget: they said that the artwork doesn’t show the full lineup.

Have you noticed that the Uncanny lineup is the only one without a telepath? Adjectiveless has Kid Omega and Psylocke. Exceptional has Emma.

Most likely Uncanny will get Monet… but the fact that that lineup also has 3 other Krakoan Excalibur members in Rogue, Jubilee and Gambit make me wonder if there’ll be a fourth… Betsy? After all, Monet isn’t a hardcore telepath.

Food for thought…
    I definitely think Monet is on Uncanny. Gail recently said something along the lines that she’s a new favorite if hers

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I definitely think Monet is on Uncanny. Gail recently said something along the lines that she’s a new favorite if hers
    I agree. There’s room for another telepath though, who’s powers are primarily telepathy.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    doesnt help that i got mad about Kwannon having the butterfly
    I've been doing some digging in pre-swap material. Would you all like it if they decided to give Kwannon and Betsy two different butterflies shapes? As in the ninja!Betsy classic to Kwannon and Betsy reverted back to the realistic-butterly she got in early X-Men?
    Or, if you're not keen on this radical change, what about a the more angular one to Kwannon (the one usually seen by ninja!Betsy, I mean: see Bunn's UXM, the one that reminds the shape of the Lady Mandaring helmet), and Betsy a more rounder (like the one in your avatar, CGAR, but also the one Kwannon's got in the recent trailer)?

Quote Originally Posted by mattsarchamp View Post
    I feel you, bro. For me, it's just that what they have been through together, especially from way back in the Crimson Dawn times, then the Dark Angel Saga, I think their connection to each other was for life. I'm all for the satisfying and poignant closure if there's a writer who cares for them so much to tell the end of their underrated relationship.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Agreed. I think that's the reason I'm not a fan of the Rachel and Betsy pairing.
    Agreeing with both. I admit I would be way less a Betsy/Rachel hater, if we got some closure in Krakoa. I haven't moved over the pair, that's why I turn out a bit bitter when Rachel or the romance is dragged up. I admit my faults.
    (Also, the dropped plot of Warren giving up part of his life time to fix the Crimson Dawn mess on Betsy's soul).

I too feel like that saga spelled a deliberate and definitive end to the Betsy Warren relationship. She’s moved way past him and beyond. I do think he needs some character development to get interesting again. IMO, Betsy is only interesting in relationships when she’s the one who wears the pants.
    Am I the only one who recalls UXM (the Magneto's squad), Astonishing and Disassembled? Especially in the first (and I dare say the last), Betsy was definitely not moved past Warren.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    I've been doing some digging in pre-swap material. Would you all like it if they decided to give Kwannon and Betsy two different butterflies shapes? As in the ninja!Betsy classic to Kwannon and Betsy reverted back to the realistic-butterly she got in early X-Men?
    Or, if you're not keen on this radical change, what about a the more angular one to Kwannon (the one usually seen by ninja!Betsy, I mean: see Bunn's UXM, the one that reminds the shape of the Lady Mandaring helmet), and Betsy a more rounder (like the one in your avatar, CGAR, but also the one Kwannon's got in the recent trailer)?

Agreeing with both. I admit I would be way less a Betsy/Rachel hater, if we got some closure in Krakoa. I haven't moved over the pair, that's why I turn out a bit bitter when Rachel or the romance is dragged up. I admit my faults.
    (Also, the dropped plot of Warren giving up part of his life time to fix the Crimson Dawn mess on Betsy's soul).

Am I the only one who recalls UXM (the Magneto's squad), Astonishing and Disassembled? Especially in the first (and I dare say the last), Betsy was definitely not moved past Warren.
    I don’t really care if the butterflies are the same or different. I like that they share something. But the reality is that every artist draws them slightly differently anyway.

I hear you re Betsy still not being over Warren in those stories, including in Disassembled. TBH, they felt like tired rehashings of a relationship that had gone on too long. In any case, she’s definitely over him now.

Ultimate Member

Calling it definitely is a stretch, for now is more apt.

Would have been awesome to get a David Marquez Betsy Braddock redesign.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    Warren felt more like an obligation to her, than someone she had feelings for. She definitely felt over him as a romantic interes and X-Force was the last time she seemed to have genuine feelings. I do think she's over that relationship and the chemistry isnt there anymore

I don’t really care if the butterflies are the same or different. I like that they share something. But the reality is that every artist draws them slightly differently anyway.

I hear you re Betsy still not being over Warren in those stories, including in Disassembled. TBH, they felt like tired rehashings of a relationship that had gone on too long. In any case, she’s definitely over him now.
    I think only a stupid would not agree on this.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Calling it definitely is a stretch, for now is more apt.
    No, I would say she definitely seems over him, saying she’s only over him “for now” in the hope she might go back to him later seems more like the stretch.

Love,
    Kwannon