Page 25 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Betsy fan Alan Hoxor:

This time i tried to combine both JSwayArt's design with the classic Outback look of Betsy!

this would be a version of Betsy I feel like becoming a fan of again. Amazing design!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I was on the fence on whether I wanted more Captain Britsy after everything is reset, but then I found this. STRIKE me up, luv.

IMG_3236.jpg
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I was on the fence on whether I wanted more Captain Britsy after everything is reset, but then I found this. STRIKE me up, luv.

IMG_3236.jpg
    Yes indeed. Matt/Crimson Arts' redesigns for the Betsy Braddock: Agent of S.T.R.I.K.E. fan-comic are gorgeous.

I would be fully on board with this direction for Betsy. So much potential to be tapped.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

IMG_3236.jpg
    If she never gets back to Psylocke, this is the Betsy I eant to follow next. An unique role for a mutant, a psychic and this looks is right up my alley. The hair, the slickness of the costume, the collar, the colors!
    A picture would last longer darling...

I would actually like this to be her uniform even if it didnt have the STRIKE logo.

Its very Brit ish to me with those buttons.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

IMG_3236.jpg
    Does anyone know the artist for this piece? Someone on Reddit said it’s AI, and if that’s the case, I don’t want to promote it in anyway.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

All-New Member

Not sure if it is AI art, but this appears to be the origin of the art. They mention photoshopping, so it’s possible they photoshopped the strike/shield logo on to the AI art I’m not sure. However, they do use ai art for their covers.

https://x.com/XMFC2023/status/1732032867214020837?s=20

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

IMG_3236.jpg
    This look is everything. The colour scheme, the hair, the pose... I love simple and practical uniforms and this is just perfect.

Does anyone know the artist for this piece? Someone on Reddit said it’s AI, and if that’s the case, I don’t want to promote it in anyway.
    I do kinda think it's AI. Beautiful, but... the double boob, the missing finger, and the ambiguous head in the back are quite telling.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Here:
    Yes indeed. Matt/Crimson Arts' redesigns for the Betsy Braddock: Agent of S.T.R.I.K.E. fan-comic are gorgeous.
    crimsontt uses AI for their fancomic.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Pre-scrolling pages of the X-Men Unlimited story. I like them and they make me long for a print version of this story.

Better art than I am used to seeing for an Unlimited publication - looks like Michael Ryan (ex-EXCALIBUR) - not sure about the take on Shatterstar's hair/beard styling, has he gone "daddy"?. Feels odd without some form of pony tail action....

Pre-scrolling pages of the X-Men Unlimited story. I like them and they make me long for a print version of this story.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Better art than I am used to seeing for an Unlimited publication - looks like Michael Ryan (ex-EXCALIBUR) - not sure about the take on Shatterstar's hair/beard styling, has he gone "daddy"?. Feels odd without some form of pony tail action....
    Sevy and Roche are doing a great job with this arc and the action scenes has been some of my favorites. (I really love Shatterstar's design with his hair long enough to tie up when he wants.)

I liked what was said about Betsy in XMM. Sevy describing her as, "powerful, annoyed, a presence" and then how he plays with her hard and soft sides, the tomboy and supermodel sides.

Sevy: I’ve tried to use the helmet in a way that illustrates her power. When her helmet is off, she’s Betsy and she’s a bit more vulnerable. She’s showing you her face and what she looks like. I draw her a bit more feminine in those scenes. When her helmet is on, it’s go time. I use that as a reason to draw her more aggressive and masculine. She’s in battle and at war.

As a character, I very much connect with how Betsy’s identity is internal, and her external representation isn’t always reflective of who she is — so trying to show different sides of her (feminine, masculine, soft, aggressive, etc.) in how I depict her is the fun challenge. And also, I came into X-Men with the Jim Lee Psylocke design — so it was psychic knives and all that. So when I got a chance to draw her impaling Absalom’s head with her dagger, I was like “9-year-old me is SO happy right now.”

I'm very happy with the thought he's put into her when drawing her. I also liked what Foxe said:

Foxe: Fall of X pushed a lot of characters to their limits, and Betsy – who not only has responsibilities toward mutantkind, but to the United Kingdom as a symbolic crusader – really got a raw deal trying to tolerate the antics of Orchis and the British government. She’s been enormous fun to write and a huge asset to the cast dynamic.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Hmm I swear these look better in black and white, where all the detail comes to light.

And I think we're in the final stretch of the X-Men Unlimited arc and the focus has shifted away from Elizabeth and onto other characters. She's still there but I don't know how much page time she'll get going forward. Meaning we have her appearance in Dead X-Men and then we jump straight into From the Ashes, where she will hopefully have a role to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Hmm I swear these look better in black and white, where all the detail comes to light.

And I think we're in the final stretch of the X-Men Unlimited arc and the focus has shifted away from Elizabeth and onto other characters. She's still there but I don't know how much page time she'll get going forward. Meaning we have her appearance in Dead X-Men and then we jump straight into From the Ashes, where she will hopefully have a role to play.
    With "A Call to Arms!" being the next issue I think we're indeed looking at the beginning of the big battle between X-Corps and the Externals which will take up the rest of the story. We thankfully still have 10 more parts/weeks to enjoy so hopefully most of the characters will get some big moments to shine. At the very least with Betsy being the sole telepath I hope we see some coordination from her as the battle rages.