Page 44 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Incredible Member

Just edited betsy’s hit list with alternate universes lol

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    Just edited betsy’s hit list with alternate universes lol
    Age of X and Age of X-Man weren't alternate universes, it was 616 Betsy who lived through them. : )

Damn I wish we could get Betsy covers or interiors by Clay Mann.

I see you all have decided to not read my reply. You did good, you avoided me reminding you all about Creed. But you couldn't escape the sad and horrible memory forever. *evil laugh*

I think you were replying to me, Askani's Flame. And some of the things you pointed out, I pointed out as well. I acknowledged that Betsy/Warren came out of the blue. I argued that after the "reveal" happened (at the Hellfire Club), we readers were shown them talking and bonding. They didn't move from "oh, I like you" to "acting like two newly weeded pair" (IMHO they never had that phase). Which basically it's what happened for Rachel/Betsy from their Kiss+with+butterflies. That's all.
    Agree to disagree of course!

Dated:
    One night stand
    Hercules

Alternate universes:
    Wolverine
    Slaymaster
    Bishop
    I'm drawing a blank on these? When/where?

Also, count me in the list of people who didn't read Betsy and Bobby from Age of X as "being together". I'm so used to see slash pairs in other media that I'm becoming blind for romances in comics that aren't spelled out. =_="
    I think it's Betsy the issue. I'm so used to see and read her as a natural flirt, that unless I see a kiss or a "I love you" balloon, I think she's just being herself with no romance attached.
    Last edited by Hakka84; 03-26-2024 at 07:42 PM.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post

I loved this Betsy so much. Her uniform, her vouce and her importance as a Force Warrior.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    I see you all have decided to not read my reply. You did good, you avoided me reminding you all about Creed. But you couldn't escape the sad and horrible memory forever. *evil laugh*

I think you were replying to me, Askani's Flame. And some of the things you pointed out, I pointed out as well. I acknowledged that Betsy/Warren came out of the blue. I argued that after the "reveal" happened (at the Hellfire Club), we readers were shown them talking and bonding. They didn't move from "oh, I like you" to "acting like two newly weeded pair" (IMHO they never had that phase). Which basically it's what happened for Rachel/Betsy from their Kiss+with+butterflies. That's all.
    Agree to disagree of course!
    Yes, sorry I had already started my reply on my phone and couldn't go back and add the "+ for your initial post , but also addressing the continuation of posts of "this came outta nowhere". And yes, I'll disagree with you because of the bolded with this particular pairing. As I mentioned, Rachel and Betsy's romance and interests were seeded over the course of 2 years and nine issues of various books before we got to the butterfly kisses. Prior to this they were close teammates for years who shared traumas (some from the same perp - Mojo) and having similar powers and close friends. In some instances, in real life and otherwise, when close friends cross the boundary and start dating and they become very couplely very quickly. It would make sense that we don't see as much of the "getting to know you phase" as they already know each other quite well, just not in a relationship/sexual setting. Unlike with Warren where they went from work colleagues to dating in a short span but they really didn't know each other so we saw a slower progression of a relationship as the books showcased them together. I understand why some might expect that for all settings, but it doesn't make sense here given B&R's shared friendship and history.

And yes, I'd say from that panel it's implied that Betts and Bobs are at least sleeping together in Age of X

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    (...) In some instances, in real life and otherwise, when close friends cross the boundary and start dating and they become very couplely very quickly. It would make sense that we don't see as much of the "getting to know you phase" as they already know each other quite well, just not in a relationship/sexual setting. Unlike with Warren where they went from work colleagues to dating in a short span but they really didn't know each other so we saw a slower progression of a relationship as the books showcased them together. I understand why some might expect that for all settings, but it doesn't make sense here given B&R's shared friendship and history.
    It didn't occur to me to view Rachel/Betsy from this point of view. Thank you, you gave me food for thoughts. When/if I'll re-read Excalibur&related, I shall try to apply this view.

(my being completely unexperienced on anything romance in RL, both personally and from friends, might be at fault here)
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    I'm drawing a blank on these? When/where?
    Hercules: betsy is seen leaving his house after a one night stand in a flashback. Something he didn’t remember during their team up in A+X

Bishop: he said betsy was his wife in the future he came from

Wolverine: was magistrate Braddock lover in UXF time travel story

Slaymaster: one alternate betsy killed by slaymaster in sword of the braddocks was married to another alternate slaymaster. They were both killed by the antagonist slaymaster

Ready for this IMG_4963.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Ready for this IMG_4963.jpg
    Omg let's gooooo!

I need this team right now and always.
    Last edited by JB; 03-27-2024 at 07:04 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Hercules: betsy is seen leaving his house after a one night stand in a flashback. Something he didn’t remember during their team up in A+X

Bishop: he said betsy was his wife in the future he came from

Wolverine: was magistrate Braddock lover in UXF time travel story

Slaymaster: one alternate betsy killed by slaymaster in sword of the braddocks was married to another alternate slaymaster. They were both killed by the antagonist slaymaster
    I don't recall AUs Betsy being killed in Swords of the Braddock, thought all the Betsys-killing was seen in New Exiles? Shall have to re-read it (I actually like that series, Avalon my love, so it won't be an issue. XD)
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Omg let's gooooo!

I need this team right now and always.
    I wish the art was better though. And why is she wearing that god awful mask?
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-27-2024 at 09:19 PM.

Seriously, thar mask should burn, along with the rest of her outfit.

Hopefully by my birthday we find out what’s going on with Betsy, if she’ll get a new uninform, and if she’ll still be Captain Britain.

Please be sooner than May though