Page 42 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    we'll see
    Did Rachel get a boob job in another reality? Lord...
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Are you here to give us a 2024 conspiracy?

Sure! Here is your updated 2024 conspiracy or prophecy for Betsy and X-Men!

This relaunch of X-Men isn't truly a relaunch but the post-Krakoa era in form of a relaunch as Marvel just want to renew the attention. So the Krakoa era isn't truly ended and the New X Order has yet to come!

The final big bad for this period is Apocalypse because:

Plague = coronavirus pandemic

War =Russia vs Ukraine, Israel vs Palestine, B vs K

Famine = inflation of price in cost of living especially on food

Death = all extra death that caused by 'above' in this period

And Betsy will rise but Kwannon will fall because:

Betsy = United States

Kwannon = China

You will see Betsy become Psylocke again and rise into power before 2028!

So how do y'all want to see Betsy X Rachel written together in the next book? Obviously opinion on the pairing hasn't always been the highest but I feel like both the characters are regaining goodwill in their separate appearances and I'm eager to see how a new writer plays them off of each other. Flirty banter, letting us know why they actually like each other, and some cool power combos are what I'm hoping to see. I'm cool with them not having a lot of tense drama yet because I feel like they should still be in the honeymoon phase plus we had a quick moment with the Saturnyne jealousy and quickly squashed it.

I feel like TH tried to write them in the honey moon phase other than that weird random side of jealousy from Rachel.

If you're going to write them together than do that but just let them be; you dont have to remind the audience every issue how much they are into eachother. That would be annoying even with a straight couple. I think what Zeb Wells did with Kwannon and Greycrow is a good example.

Sidebar: Stephanie Phillips the writer who write that maligned Rogue and Gambit mini is the rumored writer of Phoenix? IDK if i want her writing Betsy.

Can we please get a british writer to writer Betsy in 2024.
    Last edited by CGAR; 03-25-2024 at 09:28 AM.

Mighty Member

I rather they be separated. I think Rachel is better off alone in Dead X-men and the same goes with Betsy in Unlimited. I’m not a fan of the pairing because it’s so random to me that Rachel was so into Betsy and then Betsy was like “sure” and felt very forced and force feed to us. I’m not a fan of any relationships where everyone is over the top in love and affectionate all the time. It always comes off as YT novel about love.

TH always made Rachel come off as “needy” in this pairing. In this new era, they need to find who they are again. I think the Askani role is Rachel finding her voice again. Betsy needs to drop the CB role, and find out who she is again… it seems like she is finding that in Unlimited. I hope wherever they land, they’re more independent from these typically written honeymoon phase of their relationship

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    So how do y'all want to see Betsy X Rachel written together in the next book? Obviously opinion on the pairing hasn't always been the highest but I feel like both the characters are regaining goodwill in their separate appearances and I'm eager to see how a new writer plays them off of each other. Flirty banter, letting us know why they actually like each other, and some cool power combos are what I'm hoping to see. I'm cool with them not having a lot of tense drama yet because I feel like they should still be in the honeymoon phase plus we had a quick moment with the Saturnyne jealousy and quickly squashed it.
    Good question. I actually like how Claremont wrote them in terms of their banter and teasing during Reload and especially in House of M. I know they weren't a couple at the time but I liked that they were very comfortable with each other.

Betsy was present for the deaths of Rachel's family so it'd be nice if we saw how that experience deepened their bond as well.

I also liked their interactions in the all female X-Men book.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GJSaJapW...jpg&name=large

Just fun, adventurous, focused, snarky girlies who occasionally kiss.
    Last edited by JB; 03-25-2024 at 10:14 AM.

I don't think the honeymoon phase has to be them all lovey dovey nonstop but they should be having fun lol. Like when they're beating people up we should see how much they enjoy doing it together and build up their common interests. Idk if you guys read DC but I think about the dynamics of a Midnighter/Apollo or a Barda/Miracle where one is the "badass" and the other is the "powerhouse" but both get active and I see that for them. Actually how Claremont wrote them during House of M and how Wood wrote them during the X-Men were pretty good dynamics also. I wouldn't mind if they built back off that.

EDIT: oh JB came through with the scans. They ate.

I don't think the honeymoon phase has to be them all lovey dovey nonstop but they should be having fun lol. Like when they're beating people up we should see how much they enjoy doing it together and build up their common interests. Idk if you guys read DC but I think about the dynamics of a Midnighter/Apollo or a Barda/Miracle where one is the "badass" and the other is the "powerhouse" but both get active and I see that for them. Actually how Claremont wrote them during House of M and how Wood wrote them during the X-Men were pretty good dynamics also. I wouldn't mind if they built back off that.

EDIT: oh JB came through with the scans. They ate.
    Omg we are so in sync. Exactly what you said.

They need to bring this energy back:

I know the writer meant for Rachel's little jealousy bouts to come off as romantic, but it just came across as whiny and annoying. Betsy is the ultimate flirt even when she's dating. It reminded me of Warren whining about Neal and Betsy was like "whatever". Also not a fan of the whole "I'm not risking my girlfriend to save reality" stuff. Betsy was willing to kill her boyfriend and brother to prevent catastrophes. She understands when the stakes are high, sacrifices must be made.

For them to work, the relationship needs to be mutual and Rachel needs to stop coming off as needy 24/7. They need to be fun! Just like they were under Claremont back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post

I know the writer meant for Rachel's little jealousy bouts to come off as romantic, but it just came across as whiny and annoying. Betsy is the ultimate flirt even when she's dating. It reminded me of Warren whining about Neal and Betsy was like "whatever". Also not a fan of the whole "I'm not risking my girlfriend to save reality" stuff. Betsy was willing to kill her boyfriend and brother to prevent catastrophes. She understands when the stakes are high, sacrifices must be made.

For them to work, the relationship needs to be mutual and Rachel needs to stop coming off as needy 24/7. They need to be fun! Just like they were under Claremont back then.
    Bingo. Fun!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Just fun, adventurous, focused, snarky girlies who occasionally kiss.
    Yes bring back the sass and fun. Action adventure couple.

LMAO that image is hilarious. I totally agree about the Rachel not risking Betsy thing and I think it should actually be a point of topic in their relationship. Betts has never really had one of her lovers be overprotective of her to not let her do her thing so I'd love to see her navigating that. Great way to bring a little drama without resorting to cheating storylines.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    If you're going to write them together than do that but just let them be; you dont have to remind the audience every issue how much they are into eachother. That would be annoying even with a straight couple. I think what Zeb Wells did with Kwannon and Greycrow is a good example.
    I don't recall any previous Betsy romance to be that much drummed in each issue in which the pair appeared (and even in the instances when one of the two was solo). I mean, in Psylocke's mini, Warren was mentioned once by Matsuo - and as a threat. Any other time when Betsy was on her own (like when she popped up in her brother's adventures) Warren was never mentioned. And obvs Warren wouldn't mention Betsy any time he was on panel or cameoed somewhere without her. I'd add rightfully! As a healthy pair doesn't need to mention their other half every two minutes, unless it makes sense for the partner to be mentioned (the moment a friend does this in real-life I nope out of it so fast I could beat Usain Bolt).
    (I use Warren as example because I have read almost everything with him - also, her longest romance, that spanned through more titles. But same can be said about Neal and Fantomex).
    Rachel and Betsy are together and we need to see them holding hands or kissing or professing each other's love twice per issue, no matter the circumstance (post-battle, during a fight, red carpet, home). Given the ration of time-together/number of issues in which they appear, Betsy has professed her feelings more times (and was shown engaging in affectionate gestures) with Rachel than the rest of her romances since she came to the X-Men. It's astounding.
    It's hard to not think it was a knee-jerk reaction from Marvel to the pair haters. But, still, can sour the pair to those who need time to grown on the pair.
    (might also be because of the different times - now comics are more willing to include even pre-sex scenes, see Betsy/Rachel in bed - and the need to appeal to women, perhaps? IDK Still, too much TH, too much)

know the writer meant for Rachel's little jealousy bouts to come off as romantic, but it just came across as whiny and annoying. Betsy is the ultimate flirt even when she's dating. It reminded me of Warren whining about Neal and Betsy was like "whatever". Also not a fan of the whole "I'm not risking my girlfriend to save reality" stuff. Betsy was willing to kill her boyfriend and brother to prevent catastrophes. She understands when the stakes are high, sacrifices must be made.

This. What I got, from reading the pairing come and grow, was badly written Yaoi (but lesbian. Not Yuri, that are usually developed in a more mature way). It wouldn't be the first time a pair is born out of nowhere, especially when Betsy is involved. It might not be TH's own fault, perhaps TH just didn't have the proper time to develop the pair and show us the characters grow closer, but - if you ignore the Hellfire Gala dance (which I read as two single girls with no partner deciding to have one dance together at a party, a trope I'm sure I've seen plenty of times in tv shows/movies without neither the girl being hinted/later revealed queer) - I didn't see any hint that they were meant to move from friends to girlfriends.
    Sorry to bring Warren back. The pair too came out of the blue, but we were given time to see them bond and talk to the point that the pair made sense (besides, we didn't see them kiss or hold hands or repeat how much in love they were in every issue). Anything between Rachel and Betsy happened off panel. To understand why these would get together we need to go back to Claremont and even there they were friends, not hint of any mutual attraction. I actually read them as close sisters. But, with the queer-tinted googles on, I think the Claremont pages above are better in establishing a relationship that could end with a tumble in the bed, especially in the in House of M.
    This is why I said that, for as much as I don't like the pair, we should see at least another author get a crack on them to see if the pair really works or is better split up.

Meh, text wall. Sorry.

Edit:
    LMAO that image is hilarious. I totally agree about the Rachel not risking Betsy thing and I think it should actually be a point of topic in their relationship. Betts has never really had one of her lovers be overprotective of her to not let her do her thing so I'd love to see her navigating that. Great way to bring a little drama without resorting to cheating storylines.
    Oh, that would be very interesting as a plot. It would make sense for Rachel, given the life and tragedies she experiences, to be overprotective I think? She's also in her first real romantic relationship, or am I wrong?
    But yes, Betsy is a too independent woman to stand a lover/partner who acts overprotective with her. Anytime someone tried to go protective of her (I seem to recall Warren once but I can't pinpoint when nor I remember a scene that would help me find this instance, so I might be wrong!) she didn't take it well.
    Actually, Betsy both doesn't do well with over-protectiveness by her partners over herself and by her to her partners, as far as I can recall.
    Last edited by Hakka84; 03-25-2024 at 05:00 PM.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Does Betsy have the record for dating the most people in the Xbooks? Forgot they tried to make Betsy/Blob a thing not too long ago. Time flies!

Quote Originally Posted by PoP View Post
    Does Betsy have the record for dating the most people in the Xbooks? Forgot they tried to make Betsy/Blob a thing not too long ago. Time flies!
    Do we count sleeping with as dating bc she and others (like Wolverine) have slept with characters they didnt actually date