Page 48 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    That early Marvel UK continuity is mind-blowing.
    I have to correct myself actually... Marvel UK continuity in general is mind-blowing. I don't know how much made it to the US but in the 90's Marvel UK published a monthly book called Dark Angel (originally Hell's Angel) whose main character was practically a member of the X-Men and was particularly close to Wolverine and Psylocke. None of those stories can actually be considered canon to the main Marvel Universe but they were definitely fun, in a 90's kind of way!

A glimpse of Betsy in the upcoming Giant-Size X-Men #1 featuring Warren.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2024/04/05/ex...-x-men-2024-1/

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    A Psychic ninja known as.....appears in previews of X-men 97 #2 tie-in comic

They not confirming if she's Betsy or Kwannon
    They're teasing her so much in this show. I really hope she shows up at some point. Even if it's just as ninja Betsy, although I wish they found a way to get her in her original British body somehow. Maybe in future seasons, after she joined the team? Would also love if they adapted the Outback era for the cartoon. Maybe by the end Betsy could actually go back to her original body via the Siege Perilous. As a reward for her saving the team. And ww see in flashbacks that Spiral and mojo tortured her and Kwannon. They just simplify it.
    A picture would last longer darling...

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Havok83 that's definitely Betsy as it was her 30 years ago in the original cartoon
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Havok83 that's definitely Betsy as it was her 30 years ago in the original cartoon
    So was Jean but we now know that the character we last saw was Maddie. I wouldnt necessarily assume this is Betsy bc they were vague which seems intentional. Also FYI, the original series never named her as Betsy. She simply went by Psylocke. There is enough wiggle room for '97 to go in either direction with her

Incredible Member

So was Jean but we now know that the character we last saw was Maddie. I wouldnt necessarily assume this is Betsy bc they were vague which seems intentional. Also FYI, the original series never named her as Betsy. She simply went by Psylocke. There is enough wiggle room for '97 to go in either direction with her
    She also didn't have a British accent in the original series.

She did mention a brother. (also, they heavily hinted on the Warren/Betsy pairing - mostly with Warren making the moves, but I seem to recall the last time they were shown she did smile or at least gave an hint she was receptive/open to the flirting).
    I know we know nothing about Kwannon, but they would really need to "push it", to pretend the ninja "with a brother" and who Warren wanted to bed has been Kwannon all along.

They could still do it, obvs. But, IMHO, they would be asking the fans to close their eyes and pretend to be dumb, to accept it.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    People also tend to forget that Betsy used to appear in X-Men, Excalibur and Marvel UK spin-offs at one time. And when was that; the early '90s.
    Ah, remembering the early '90s MARVEL UK! Just add X-MEN (preferably BLUE) and sales will follow...

Last edited by Thirteen; 04-05-2024 at 06:50 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    She did mention a brother. (also, they heavily hinted on the Warren/Betsy pairing - mostly with Warren making the moves, but I seem to recall the last time they were shown she did smile or at least gave an hint she was receptive/open to the flirting).
    I know we know nothing about Kwannon, but they would really need to "push it", to pretend the ninja "with a brother" and who Warren wanted to bed has been Kwannon all along.

They could still do it, obvs. But, IMHO, they would be asking the fans to close their eyes and pretend to be dumb, to accept it.
    Thats not enough evidence to confirm her as Betsy though. I think Marvel is largely moving away from Betsy being Psylocke so if she actually does appear in the story and not just that brief cameo, I would not be surprise if they eventually confirm her as Kwannon and/or formally introduce a British Betsy Braddock into this universe. Doing so really would not contradict anything. The original series itself contradicted itself plenty of times anyway, including Warren being an O5 member despite him being a stranger to the X-men when first introduced

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    OMG that thong LOL

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    By Romy Jones

This almost looks like a Dauterman piece. Very cool!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Alright, butterflies. The new teaser of the Phoenix book seems to make it more likely that Betsy and Rachel are not in it despite what PopVerse and AIPT guessed. "One woman, alone in the cosmos..." seems pretty clear although most solos do require a supporting cast so we shall see. But evidence imo is leaning towards them being in one of the other books we know about or a new one entirely.

Thats not enough evidence to confirm her as Betsy though. I think Marvel is largely moving away from Betsy being Psylocke so if she actually does appear in the story and not just that brief cameo, I would not be surprise if they eventually confirm her as Kwannon and/or formally introduce a British Betsy Braddock into this universe. Doing so really would not contradict anything. The original series itself contradicted itself plenty of times anyway, including Warren being an O5 member despite him being a stranger to the X-men when first introduced
    It was a pretty brief appearance and not much was revealed so I agree that a lot of her first appearance can be retconned.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    They're teasing her so much in this show. I really hope she shows up at some point. Even if it's just as ninja Betsy, although I wish they found a way to get her in her original British body somehow. Maybe in future seasons, after she joined the team? Would also love if they adapted the Outback era for the cartoon. Maybe by the end Betsy could actually go back to her original body via the Siege Perilous. As a reward for her saving the team. And ww see in flashbacks that Spiral and mojo tortured her and Kwannon. They just simplify it.
    If Betsy does make a guest appearance, then I think they should just have British Betsy come in as a S.T.R.I.K.E agent that's an acquaintance of the X-Men. If they intend to have her join the team (OMG how great would that be), then I'd prefer a Psylocke/Kwannon centric episode where they have to team up and the body swap stuff has already happened (can be shown in flashback) and get it over with quickly. Betsy keeps the Psylocke codename and Kwannon stays Kwannon. Either of them joining the team would make me happy, but it would be a tall order to have them both lol.

The '92 version would've been during the bodyswap and the X-Men don't have to have anything to do with it.
    Last edited by superjosh; 04-08-2024 at 03:15 PM.

Please universe let us have a good redesign for our Betsy Braddock.