Page 53 of 64 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    The fun being had by the fandom makes me so happy,

@braddocklegacy
    https://twitter.com/braddocklegacy/s...74307760169396

"Recoloring Betsy's new costume for fun. Outback / Revanche / Uncanny X-Force."

I'm digging the first two however it's OK to try new colours every now and then - I don't mind the red/black from the X-Force cover tbh.

X-Force art tease by Mr. To.

New cover for Unlimited.

The first one is cute. The second one she looks so manly. Wonder if they're making her masc on purpose now that she's the main queer girl of the books. I prefer frilly British fem looks.

Quote Originally Posted by PoP View Post
    The first one is cute. The second one she looks so manly. Wonder if they're making her masc on purpose now that she's the main queer girl of the books. I prefer frilly British fem looks.
    Sevy had mentioned playing with her masculine and feminine sides during Unlimited in an X-Men Monday interview:

Sevy: I’ve tried to use the helmet in a way that illustrates her power. When her helmet is off, she’s Betsy and she’s a bit more vulnerable. She’s showing you her face and what she looks like. I draw her a bit more feminine in those scenes. When her helmet is on, it’s go time. I use that as a reason to draw her more aggressive and masculine. She’s in battle and at war.

As a character, I very much connect with how Betsy’s identity is internal, and her external representation isn’t always reflective of who she is — so trying to show different sides of her (feminine, masculine, soft, aggressive, etc.) in how I depict her is the fun challenge.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Lot going on this week. Kinda exciting how we'll be getting some type of content Betsy consistently over the next few months. Unlimited, Pride special, and then head into X-Force for hopefully another 50 issue run.

The costume edits are so pretty. Love the Outback one.

the outback one is my fave

I also saw Thorne's response about the costumes and how he couldn't comment cause it'd be a spoiler. Y'all think these looks are temporary just for the Deadpool mission? Could we possibly get new outfits after the first arc? Two looks in one year would be hot.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I also saw Thorne's response about the costumes and how he couldn't comment cause it'd be a spoiler. Y'all think these looks are temporary just for the Deadpool mission? Could we possibly get new outfits after the first arc? Two looks in one year would be hot.
    Maybe they're wearing the colours of whoever the guest star is in that particular story. So Glob Herman could be next after Deadpool, and everyone will be wearing pink.

X-Force art tease by Mr. To.

Not full butch Betsy. See? Cherub face with dull hair. Plus that ugly suit. Not in love.

O really will always dislike the directions TH took the character. And apparently it will still take some time for it to go away.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Yeah his answer made me think costume changes may be imminent and that the red ones are indeed part of the Deadpool arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Maybe they're wearing the colours of whoever the guest star is in that particular story. So Glob Herman could be next after Deadpool, and everyone will be wearing pink.
    Oh no not Glob LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I actually wouldn't hate special uniforms for the guest missions. Definitely a fun way to get multiple looks, assuming it wouldn't just be the current costume recolored to match aesthetics lol.

Yeah his answer made me think costume changes may be imminent and that the red ones are indeed part of the Deadpool arc.
    And we cheered! We need to move the doll away from so much red. Keep it a small tertiary color for her at best.

Mighty Member

I love the Outback and X-force recolors. Those should be public and mission coloring.

Ok. I’m not a fan of her in that suit in the tease. I dunno.. maybe it’s just the jacket. I mean, for me, only Jenna Lyons (love her) can pull off a suit jacket

Yeah..it’s the jacket for me. I dunno if they’re waiting on some formal thing with maybe the British government, but I can see this whole power look without the jacket! 100%! Minus the jacket and black pinstripe pants & vest, lavender shirt and white tie. Yes. The jacket gives me boarding school vibes too.

It looks like an attempt to show she’s feeling her lesbian side. Like when her and Rachel were written overly in love after one issue. It’s forced (IMHO), but I’m also not a believer of this pairing.

Man… I didn’t think a jacket would make me overthink this much before 7pm, but here I am. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I love the Outback and X-force recolors. Those should be public and mission coloring.

Ok. I’m not a fan of her in that suit in the tease. I dunno.. maybe it’s just the jacket. I mean, for me, only Jenna Lyons (love her) can pull off a suit jacket

Yeah..it’s the jacket for me. I dunno if they’re waiting on some formal thing with maybe the British government, but I can see this whole power look without the jacket! 100%! Minus the jacket and black pinstripe pants & vest, lavender shirt and white tie. Yes. The jacket gives me boarding school vibes too.

It looks like an attempt to show she’s feeling her lesbian side. Like when her and Rachel were written overly in love after one issue. It’s forced (IMHO), but I’m also not a believer of this pairing.

Man… I didn’t think a jacket would make me overthink this much before 7pm, but here I am. lol
    Haha! Perhaps have some tea and relax, my dear.

Mr. To, please give us massive butterflies. The more the better!

Bit of a deep cut, but I was wondering...is Betsy aware that Rogue avenged her after she was killed by Vargas?

Wore he outfit (of the time) and everything.

As far as I know, it's never come up. I'd understand why...I think most would prefer to forget Vargas even exists, much less that this numb-nuts killed Betsy...but I think it would've been a nice moment if she learned or realized that Rogue took her death very personally and made a point of avenging her.

I think the issue with the suit is because of multiple details that, all together, give a "boarding school uniform" feeling, I agree. The cut of the jacket with the classic waistcoat over a classic shirt and tie. (also, there's a black think between waistcoat and shirt, giving the feeling there's an additional layer, like a merino/cashmere sweater. (or not, it's a black velvet lapel/collar). She looks like Head Mistress of private college.
    Women, especially tall ones like Betsy should be, can rock a suit. Just... not how this one is drawn.

Compare to the one Storm wears in X-Men '97 comic. There the issue were the shoes, but the suit itself wasn't bad at all.

Edit: I finally understood what this look reminded me. Classic fox hunting look / lady horse-riding attire. I can picture she's holding a riding crop behind the back, I swear.
    There had been recent (=not 80s/Marvel UK) comic in which we see Betsy (or Brian?) returned/reliving her past and she's wearing the red jacket/white trousers and riding cap as she returned or is about to go fox hunting, and she basically looked like this.

But hey, I haven't been much fan of To's work on TH's titles, both for faces (everyone looked 12yo) and non-superhero attires/clothes choice, so I'm biased.
    Last edited by Hakka84; 04-10-2024 at 04:02 PM.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

The suit's a little big but she's trying to give big boss energy. Give her her 7s.

Sometimes the fashion girlies gotta just throw something on!