Page 56 of 64 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960 ... LastLast

She's in her fitness model era

The muscles is what I dislike. Betsy is supposed to look like a model. Too much muscle never look good in any clothes. I have this opinion for men and women. I tend to link more lean physiques.

Like the first alternate cover. She’s petite, long hair and has a cleavage. Very fem. I like that for her. Rachel looks good butch. It’s her vibe.

I know Betsy is a fashionista and she can play wi the styles but I just don’t want them to fully transform her. She soend years being a posh femme fatale with an adrenaline addiction. She already lost the Psylocke name and position in main teams for Kwannon. No more striping down her character please.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

It makes my heart glad to see Betsy looking so good. I'm actually loving the X-Force colour scheme, her new design, the hair and the sword. I can't wait for #1 to hit!

^Besides the fact that Betsy is no longer a fashion model, women with figures like those drawn by Coipel cannot risk their lives on the battlefield in real life. As JB noted above, women can be muscular and feminine at the same time; for reference, type "Yasmeen Ghauri arms" into Google.

Then, there's artists like Larocca and Cho, whose women are both toned and sensational.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    She's in her fitness model era
    I love this.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    ^Besides the fact that Betsy is no longer a fashion model, women with figures like those drawn by Coipel cannot risk their lives on the battlefield in real life. As JB noted above, women can be muscular and feminine at the same time; for reference, type "Yasmeen Ghauri arms" into Google.

Then, there's artists like Larocca and Cho, whose women are both toned and sensational.
    What a beauty that Yasmeen is.

I agree with you. Bodies change, often. A physical fighter like Betsy would totally go through "bulk" phases.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Yes bodies change. And I’m glad to see different body types represented.

I just hope they don’t keep changing Betsy as a character too much like the awful TH run has.

Edit : double post

Love the new covers.

I have to admit like CGar, I have some issues with the Unknown Comics. The art itself is amazing, IMHO, and renders both Rachel and Betsy's body/costume wonderfully. But I don't like Betsy's face. I can't see a woman who was labelled the most beautiful of UK, in that woman. Those "natural-look" eyebrows... she doesn't even have the "girl next door" vibe, but a... basic bland girl that is neither good looking nor ugly.
    ... so no, not my Betsy, no. But I love her arms.
    Although, the more I look at that cover the more Betsy's face reminds me of some Reinassance art. IDK the artist, but I swear I've seen that face somewhere on some Italian painting.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Brian always said she could be a little tomboyish sometimes back in the day so we could say she's tapping back into that. I don't need it all the time though lol
    I think he referred to the fact he liked "boy" activities/passtimes and didn't fit into the proper young British high-society girl, more than her appearance or choice of looks? I mean, wouldn't a girl who liked, say, run in the mudd or like cars instead of faking a tea party with dolls, in the 70s be called "tomboyish"?
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    Love the new covers.

I have to admit like CGar, I have some issues with the Unknown Comics. The art itself is amazing, IMHO, and renders both Rachel and Betsy's body/costume wonderfully. But I don't like Betsy's face. I can't see a woman who was labelled the most beautiful of UK, in that woman. Those "natural-look" eyebrows... she doesn't even have the "girl next door" vibe, but a... basic bland girl that is neither good looking nor ugly.
    ... so no, not my Betsy, no. But I love her arms.
    Although, the more I look at that cover the more Betsy's face reminds me of some Reinassance art. IDK the artist, but I swear I've seen that face somewhere on some Italian painting.
    When was that title bestowed? Her modeling days of Marvel UK?

bigger version of the Unknown comics variant by Miguel Mercado brought over from Rachel's thread...
    Last edited by Thirteen; 04-15-2024 at 06:46 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    When was that title bestowed? Her modelling days of Marvel UK?
    Yes.
    I admit I'm unsure if/when this was canonized, but it was recently brought back by TH in... Betsy Braddock: Captain Britain I think? And I don't think it was TH's idea, but some small detail from Betsy's UK lore.
    I'm sure in here there are people who know better about this, please elaborate or correct me, Braddockers!
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

I have some thoughts I want to get out of my noggin.

So I know of few of you love the Captain Britain stuff and it does make absolute sense for it to still be a thing.

I think what I want though it for not to be such a focus like its the only defining thing about Betsy now.

She so much more than some patriotic hero.

The writer said in the X-Force thread that she is going to have her plate full.

So it be cool to see it as one aspect of her.

Like now she'll be juggling a STRIKE team, Captain Britain duties when absolutely necessary, and X-Force shenanigans.

I love that she is back with the X.

Yes.
    I admit I'm unsure if/when this was canonized, but it was recently brought back by TH in... Betsy Braddock: Captain Britain I think? And I don't think it was TH's idea, but some small detail from Betsy's UK lore.
    I'm sure in here there are people who know better about this, please elaborate or correct me, Braddockers!
    There was a magazine cover on the floor when Meggan was looking at photos in the first Excalibur issue I believe, just after Betsy and the X-Men publicly died fighting the Adversary. I think this was the first time it was mentioned/shown.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I have some thoughts I want to get out of my noggin.

So I know of few of you love the Captain Britain stuff and it does make absolute sense for it to still be a thing.

I think what I want though it for not to be such a focus like its the only defining thing about Betsy now.

She so much more than some patriotic hero.

The writer said in the X-Force thread that she is going to have her plate full.

So it be cool to see it as one aspect of her.

Like now she'll be juggling a STRIKE team, Captain Britain duties when absolutely necessary, and X-Force shenanigans.

I love that she is back with the X.
    I also like that he said she has a lot on her plate and that everyone on the team is carrying baggage. I think there may be some bitterness and tension between her and the government when things pick up again in X-Force. Geoff has been adamant about canon remaining canon so I can see STRIKE still operating as well and possibly the Academy.

I think he referred to the fact he liked "boy" activities/passtimes and didn't fit into the proper young British high-society girl, more than her appearance or choice of looks? I mean, wouldn't a girl who liked, say, run in the mudd or like cars instead of faking a tea party with dolls, in the 70s be called "tomboyish"?
    Yes but imo a girl who fits into that mold would be more open to playing with her style and wearing different clothes that pull from that part of her personality. Especially once she's able to break from some of the more rigid expectations her upbringing. I always think about the "I love the feel of silk but I've always been more comfortable in armor" line from Uncanny. In my head her style is 80/20; majority of the time it's how I assume most would expect her to look but that 20% of the time she throws something on that makes you think..."yeah, she could strap me."

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    There was a magazine cover on the floor when Meggan was looking at photos in the first Excalibur issue I believe, just after Betsy and the X-Men publicly died fighting the Adversary. I think this was the first time it was mentioned/shown.

Love canon.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 04-16-2024 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    This book is going to [pleasantly] surprise a lot of folks.

The disguises, the spywork, the hand-to-hand combat. Come on! Perhaps we're getting some spy Betsy in X-Force.

Ultimate Member

Seems like some fans are getting everything they wanted from back when was still Asian and later, storyline wise and such, and so far little to none of it has worked.
    Last edited by LoganAlpha30X33; 04-18-2024 at 03:22 PM.