Page 33 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    People will question the "legitimacy" of this until the end of time but to me it was crystal clear what it was.

IIRC, she was still mixed with Kwannon...so I don't count that as fully Besty influence. Even weirder, this was Fantomex (the person she sleeping with) has a male and female brain
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 03-17-2024 at 08:18 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    IIRC, she was still mixed with Kwannon...so I don't count that as fully Besty influence. Even weirder, this was Fantomex (the person she sleeping with) has a male and female brain
    She and Kwannon had been separated when Kwannon died way back in Fabian's X-Men. Although I still don't fully understand what exactly happened during Mystery in Madripoor when Betsy remade her body and Kwannon appeared. Does anyone know/remember how Kwannon got a body again?

EDIT: Oh, did her spirit/consciousness stay behind in the dead body then she reanimated herself? I'm confused.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I think it's pretty clear that Betsy is the one who's bi. While they used that as an explanation for her feelings for Scott in the 90's, at that point it had already been decades (well, a few years in-story) since the body swap/merger and there was no indication that she was still being influenced by Kwannon. Kwannon has also only been portrayed as straight so far since her return.

I was always a little suspicious of Betsy living with Alison in her chateau in Switzerland. Yes Betsy originally moved there with Gabriel but then he was out of the picture and it was just her and Alison. Mmhmm.

Ultimate Member

Humphries wanted to have a very diverse team so the whole thing with Cluster was to that end and then disappeared just as fast.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I was always a little suspicious of Betsy living with Alison in her chateau in Switzerland. Yes Betsy originally moved there with Gabriel but then he was out of the picture and it was just her and Alison. Mmhmm.
    Even though I don't see Betsy as Bi at least that would have made more sense the Rachel.

She and Kwannon had been separated when Kwannon died way back in Fabian's X-Men. Although I still don't fully understand what exactly happened during Mystery in Madripoor when Betsy remade her body and Kwannon appeared. Does anyone know/remember how Kwannon got a body again?

EDIT: Oh, did her spirit/consciousness stay behind in the dead body then she reanimated herself? I'm confused.
    While I don't fully remember the whole story Kwannon's death didn't undo their mind merge. So I kind of considered that Psylocke as a whole other person...neither Betsy or Kwannon. Their merging was so complex that Jean and Professor X couldn't tell who was who.

Screenshot_20240318-092219~2.jpg
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Mighty Member

It wasn’t really explained (if it was it wasn’t done well), but they made it seem like Kwannon was there in Betsy’s mind as a “prisoner” in her own body. I could see it if someone explained it that Kwannon was pulled in when Maddy put Betsy back in her OG dead body in that sisterhood arc.. that because Kwannon died in Betsy’s body, that she was in there when Betsy was forced into her OG body.. when she was forced back into Kwannon’s body (after Allison blew her face off), that essence of Kwannon came back with her. Once she was “killed” in MiM and recreated her body, that Kwannon woke? That’s how I would have written it.

I didn’t like the start of Krakoa era where they kind of put a lot blame on Betsy when they were both victims.

I’m glad Betsy is finally getting great characterization, but it’s too late in this era. She needs to start the next era with this momentum that the Steves are giving her.

Kwannon's death in the 90s did undo the mind merge, leaving only Betsy in control from that point onward. Not to mention that Betsy herself died and was resurrected by Jamie in a completely new body in Kwannon's likeness. The notion that they were "merged" that emerged with the Krakoan era really makes no sense.

^It didn't emerge with the Krakoa era, lucky, it emerged with that trash Mystery in Madripoor mini that preceded it by a year and undid the body swap in the most disorderly way imaginable.

Yeah that was a Bryan Edward Hill retcon. He wanted it to be that Kwannon was stuck in the back of Betsy's mind the whole time. Which A) not make any sense after the previous stories B) made out Betsy to be awful

They honestly should have just waited till Krakoa to bring her back. Imagine if we got that first HoXPoX mission with Psylocke included in the mission and her dying was also a wish to bring back Kwannon and be brought back in her OG body.

But anyways that didnt happen.

And I'm also kind of bummed with whoever said that Betsy has no relevance now with all the other TPs on the X-Men when she literally has STRIKE, Otherwold, A list X-Men friends, and villains that can be developed.

All she needs is a good writer and good artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Kwannon's death in the 90s did undo the mind merge, leaving only Betsy in control from that point onward. Not to mention that Betsy herself died and was resurrected by Jamie in a completely new body in Kwannon's likeness. The notion that they were "merged" that emerged with the Krakoan era really makes no sense.
    Yes, thank you for the scan! Betsy was made mentally whole again when Kwannon died of the legacy virus. Prior to that it's true that Jean nor Charles could distinguish them but it all should have been put to rest after the above issue.

Until MiM when Kwannon appeared with no real explanation. I've always been ok with her coming back and I'm glad her character has received another chance after debuting and dying so quickly. It was just super messy how it was done.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Yeah that was a Bryan Edward Hill retcon. He wanted it to be that Kwannon was stuck in the back of Betsy's mind the whole time. Which A) not make any sense after the previous stories B) made out Betsy to be awful

They honestly should have just waited till Krakoa to bring her back. Imagine if we got that first HoXPoX mission with Psylocke included in the mission and her dying was also a wish to bring back Kwannon and be brought back in her OG body.

But anyways that didnt happen.

And I'm also kind of bummed with whoever said that Betsy has no relevance now with all the other TPs on the X-Men when she literally has STRIKE, Otherwold, A list X-Men friends, and villains that can be developed.

All she needs is a good writer and good artist.
    I might be not remembering Fallen Angels correctly but I don't recall any mentions of Kwannon being stuck inside Betsy's head after she originally died - my working assumption was that she just lingered around the astral plane until her original body was available again... basically like telepaths in the world of X do really.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I might be not remembering Fallen Angels correctly but I don't recall any mentions of Kwannon being stuck inside Betsy's head after she originally died - my working assumption was that she just lingered around the astral plane until her original body was available again... basically like telepaths in the world of X do really.
    That doesnt track bc her original body became available to her when Vargas killed Betsy in X-treme X-men. The body that died in MiM was not Kwannon's original body. It really made no sense that she was even in there

She wasnt mixxed with Kwannon but even if she was, they've been seperated for a while now. Kwannon has shown no signs of being bi or a lesbian. Everything points to her being straight. Betsy's interest in women is her own interest, not Kwannon's
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-18-2024 at 10:05 AM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That doesnt track bc her original body became available to her when Vargas killed Betsy in X-treme X-men. The body that died in MiM was not Kwannon's original body. It really made no sense that she was even. in there
    I headcanon that as the killed by Vargas body being not viable anymore, so much so Jamie had to create a new one for Betsy - whereas after the Madripoor mini, it was simply an empty shell. There, fixed it!