Page 8 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

She's back!

I love what the Steve's are building here. Working on the review thread now. Yay!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    She's back!

I love what the Steve's are building here. Working on the review thread now. Yay!
    I can't wait to get my hands on this!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I can't wait to get my hands on this!
    It's so good! I'm thinking this is the "very 'Three Days of the Condor' conspiracy thriller" project Steve Foxe described. It fits the premise as part of that film was about a "CIA researcher who comes back from lunch one day to discover his co-workers murdered, then subsequently tries to avoid his own murder and outwit those responsible." It seems like it's going to be a race to prevent more kidnappings while they try to figure out who is behind it all. It's a great opportunity for some of Betsy's spy experience so I hope we see some of that.

I'm curious about what Dani meant when she said she needs Betsy to send transport if Betsy can't break free. I wonder if that means Betsy is piloting/controlling X-Corps headquarters.
    Last edited by JB; 01-22-2024 at 02:52 AM.

Ultimate Member

Surprised though that Orchis wouldn't be trying to kill or capture Betsy since she's in public and all.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Surprised though that Orchis wouldn't be trying to kill or capture Betsy since she's in public and all.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to on the sneak. Orchis likes to use certain optics to paint their narrative so outright murder or capture is probably off the table. Betsy might be somewhat insulated because she has supporters and there are always cameras outside her home. But that might only apply in England and she may have stay hidden on the floating island anywhere else.

Ultimate Member

Then again Orchis went after Spider-Man out in the open and since Betsy was so public it'd make sense for Orchis to go after her first.

Then again Orchis went after Spider-Man out in the open and since Betsy was so public it'd make sense for Orchis to go after her first.
    Wasn't the Sentinel attack on Parker kind of a weird glitch? Kind of foreshadowing the eventual turn on all super-powered individuals by Orchis. Either way though Spider-Man still has his secret identity and doesn't go on talk shows as far as I know. I think being the protector of Otherworld might afford Betsy some protections, flimsy at best. I'm sure they're going to be gunning for her in some way.

I’m wondering if they don’t f*€k with her because the Captain Britain Corps so they let her be for now.

Ultimate Member

How much would they know about the corps though, I think that it's more because the main X writers had little to no interest in her, and so far she more seems a means to an end in the main line while they focus on Jean and Scott and all...

How much would they know about the corps though, I think that it's more because the main X writers had little to no interest in her, and so far she more seems a means to an end in the main line while they focus on Jean and Scott and all...
    Pretty sure Coven Akabba and the government knows enough about it.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I’m wondering if they don’t f*€k with her because the Captain Britain Corps so they let her be for now.
    Yeah that's a good point. Attacking one means attacking all of them.

Orchis definitely knows about the Corps. Not only do they have a "time variance authority" monitoring timelines but Orchis was mining and experimenting with Blightswill in Otherworld itself. They've worked closely with Coven Akkaba for a little while now so they must know about the CBC.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    She's back!

Missed this pretty lady.

I'm digging the more bored/annoyed approach with the press as opposed to her being nervous behind the camera. Give them nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Missed this pretty lady.

I'm digging the more bored/annoyed approach with the press as opposed to her being nervous behind the camera. Give them nothing!
    Exactly. Where before she made an attempt to win over the British people and dressed the part when she went on-air, this is about the whole of mutantkind and she's over the media's bs. "Am I boring you, 'Captain Britain'?" You sure are, troll.

Ultimate Member

Wouldn't be surprised if Orchis tried to sever her connection to otherworldly or not allow her to return to Earth. As for the press mutants need good press now more than ever remember.

Wouldn't be surprised if Orchis tried to sever her connection to otherworldly or not allow her to return to Earth. As for the press mutants need good press now more than ever remember.
    Yeah they may have tried to destroy the manor like Coven destroyed the lighthouse (twice) and trapped her in Otherworld. But since the Siege Perilous was put into place and Askani developed her portal open ability, they couldn't stop her from returning.

I'm curious if we'll get some insight as to what happened then, like when she and Rachel split up for their separate missions. Rachel with Charles (allegedly) and Betsy with Dani. Dani was trapped in Vanaheim for a little while so I'm curious about that gap of time before they connected.

Oooh it just dawned on me that Dani now has history with Saturnyne from RoX. I wonder if she'll be popping up in this.